[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Image of a black hole

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: ut_interstellarOpener_f.png (2MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ut_interstellarOpener_f.png
2MB, 1800x1200px
Is there a photo from known source of a black hole? It should be scientific data and the image made with optics.
>>
>>2963463
yep, there's a ton of them in the hubble deep field photo
>>
i also understand that this photo cant be made because it is impossible for ligth to escape, but it can be area there scientists think that there is a black hole
>>
>>2963465
it has to be exact spot where scientist thinks there is a black hole, like exact pixel
>>
File: p01byb9m.jpg (113KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
p01byb9m.jpg
113KB, 1920x1080px
the only thing i could find is the gases around the black hole, but nobody can say is there a black hole in the picture
>>
there are no pictures of the actual black holes.
the gravity they impart is too great for light to escape, hence the light itself can not be captured.
that is possible to do though, is see the gravitational lensing effect -- the way gravity bends light passing close by the black hole.
it is also possible to capture a quazar rays, high-energy particles which you could capture with some kind of x-ray capturing device.

anyway, you can not photograph a blackhole. whatever you do, there's gonna be a litterally, black hole in your picture.
>>
You can't photograph the shape of stars, all you get is a single point of light that becomes a single pixel or a blob of pixels when it bleeds into adjacent pixels.

Black holes are much smaller than stars.
>>
File: cygx1.jpg (128KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
cygx1.jpg
128KB, 625x625px
>>2963463
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cygnus_X-1
http://chandra.harvard.edu/photo/2011/cygx1/more.html

Pinpointing the exact pixel shouldn't be too hard. Pic related is a rough guide, then use the links.
>>
>>2963478
> Black holes
>>
Actualy it is possible if you are searching for supernova and wait until it becomes a black hole and there should it be
>>
>>2963486
>This process could take a million years or more depending on how quickly it accretes the material
Yeah just wait a bit my man you'll see it.
>>
Just take a screenshot of /p/
>>
>>2963486
>it is possible if you are searching for supernova and wait until it becomes a black hole and there should it be
Sorry that not all of us are unending being like you are.
>>
File: dream_3da.jpg (184KB, 625x625px) Image search: [Google]
dream_3da.jpg
184KB, 625x625px
>>2963481

I had to see what it would do.
>>
>>2963591
That's a funny looking swan.
>>
>>2963466
You have to understand that the band that appears to go perpendicular to the band in the foreground is the SAME band.

Light is being bent and you can see the top and bottom half of that same ring.

The bands are visible irl but they are not that bright
>>
>>2963591
>NIMBLE NAVIGATOR
>>
>>2963591
delet this1!
>>
File: ambush tent.jpg (175KB, 750x496px) Image search: [Google]
ambush tent.jpg
175KB, 750x496px
>>2963591
Hey /\M8U5H

Sugar dropped me off on his way to Utah (taxis are expensive in th US).

No reply at the door so I went out back. Looked like you were camping in the backyard. I thought I saw something but it was probably just the wind.
>>
>>2963526
topkek
>>
There are a bunch of black holes that you can kinda "see" because they're currently being orbited by stars or something else that glows intensely.

You can't see the black hole itself.

>>2963486
Not every supernova results in a black hole.
>>
>>2963494
kek
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.