[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yi M1

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: Group3.png (462KB, 1920x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Group3.png
462KB, 1920x1000px
Today I had the oportunity to prove the new xiaomi camera Yi M1, it was spectacular for that fucking price

But I know this chinese cheap crap usually have a short life, would you buy it? do you have one? how are the xiaomi products?
>>
Don't know about cameras, but I had Mi3 phone. Just ordered Redmi 4. They really are cheap and I find quality pretty good with these price points.
Also I use 10000mAh battery bank and Piston Hybrid headphones.
I had Piston v2 too, but the cable broke for some reason. Sound quality was great for $15 though. I find that Piston v2 sounded bit better and also v2 had much better cable than Hybrids as Hybrids sometimes have cable noise when I move.
>>
>>2963385
> But I know this chinese cheap crap usually have a short life
You believe that. It's not however a fact.

Certainly a $0.1 chinese screwdriver might have a short life, but that's not the same as a $300+ piece of computerized gear.

> how are the xiaomi products?
Excellent. Xiaomi has a reputation for solid hardware engineering and they basically deserve it.

They do however often release devices with initially buggy or problematic software, but patches not too far down the line usually fix everything important.
>>
I will only consider a Xiaomi camera if they release a model with real controls, including dual dials, lots of customizable fn buttons, a menu system that isn't diarrhea, AF that competes with Olympus/Panasonic, good EVF.

The list goes on... I'd MUCH rather have a last-gen Olympus at 16mp, fast and powerful, than cheap slow chinese garbage at 20mp. (For the same price, ouch for Xiaomi)
>>
Wouldn't the menus all be in chinese? I heard it wasn't coming out in the west
>>
File: 1475463136301.jpg (15KB, 217x190px) Image search: [Google]
1475463136301.jpg
15KB, 217x190px
>Focus ring is fake
>>
would been nice to see and download some raw at high iso
>>
>>2963385
>it was spectacular for that fucking price

Did they fix the AF?
>>
I had a Quick Look atit too and I think it will be the new entry-level MILC.
The MFT System has enough native lens Support and adaptability to get people into the System easily.
Considering its size and Weight people might get it instead of a bulky Bridge camera to Make decent vacation shots
>>
>>2963862
>ITT: Chinese shills cannot into capitalization.
>>
>>2964044
I live in America and bought this camera with my own Job.
>>
Shill: The thread

Here's a pro tip to all clueless shills itt:
No one on P is stupid enough to buy this thing. We use real cameras, not toys with fake focusing rings.
Now kindly move along.
Now kindly move along.
>>
>>2964044
Im from Germany and using a Smartphone to Post. My autocorrect does that.
I saw the Camera at photokina and later at a special exhibition in a Mall with hands on
>>
>>2964085
>Still drones on about le fake focussing ring maymay
I dunno if you know that, but only the kitlens has the focussing ring, not the camera itself.
Everyone on /g/ a while back laughed at chinkphones as inferior.
Everyone back after WW2 laughed at japanese and korean products as inferior.
Suddenly everyone drives Honda and Hyundai, watches their news on a Samsung and buys their kids the newest Nintendo.

Always remember: everyone produces electronics in China.
They have the same factories and the blueprints of your beloved Nikons and Canons.
>>
File: 1466711047613.jpg (385KB, 927x843px) Image search: [Google]
1466711047613.jpg
385KB, 927x843px
>>2964085
>We use real cameras, not toys with fake focusing rings.
>/p/ gladly endorses lenses that use focus by wire
checkmate anselians.
>>
I am from China,and saw people saying they have quality problems.Still not confimed,but I may suggest you not to buy.
>>
this thing is a beast, $450 for the body plus the 42.5mm prime lens. the prime lens has a 80mm portrait option and 90mm macro and 35mm and 85mm are the only two focal lengths you will never need and 42 and 80 is close enough. more than 100mm is for 70 year old women dressed in full camo taking JPG's with pigeons and if you take pictures of the moon that money is better spent on a whole box of fedoras and if you need wider than 42mm you stitch. whole bundles of banter with this kit and only for $450
>>
>>2964533
>>2964533
You're an Idiot who forgot that MFT has a huge collection of both affordable and pro lenses for all uses.
>>
>>2964537
no you're an idiot who is dyslexic or can't read, i'm saying that the 42.5mm is cheap af because of the 80mm and macro options it has, it's an amazing all you need lens with good prime lens sharpness. $450 for that plus the body is stellar, don't deny it just because you're butthurt it's better than your fuji
>>
>>2964541
>Nobody needs anything other than this lens
>Stitching is a suitable replacement for wide Angle lenses
>long focal lengths are only for birding
>Birding is for grandmas
Pointer it out for you
This is how you Sound
This is how dumb you are
>>
>>2964547
don't imply that birding isn't for grandma's, it is, it's shit and gay, 35 and 85 are the two best focal lengths unless you are shooting sports and wider than 35 looks shit. much better to stitch and retain the 35mm perspective if need to go wider. you are just a fucking noob , is why you don't understand that.

3 stitch pano at 85mm, real perspective beats everything
>>
File: IMG-20161004-WA0004.jpg (249KB, 1600x1202px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161004-WA0004.jpg
249KB, 1600x1202px
>>2964553
Yeah sure,just gonna stitch a Standard shot together.
Just gonna stitch a Video together.
Ur a fucking Idiot. Leave and never com back.
Not everyone uses cameras and lenses the same way as you, for the reasons as you.
18-25mm are king for MFT, the Standard length, that's why these lengths have the Most lenses available.
Nothing Beats going in the streets with one of those primes and being able to Frame any Event going on with it.
>>
>>2964533
>42 and 80 is close enough

Where the fuck did 80 come from?

>if you need wider than 42mm you stitch

Is this retard season on /p/? Just yesterday someone was suggesting using A7II with crop lenses for compactness.
>>
>>2964496
>/p/ gladly endorses lenses that use focus by wire

We do not endorse focus by wire, there's just no choice nowadays.
>>
>>2963385
>no tilty screen
>small 3" screen for a camera with touch based menus and all that wasted space.
i'll wait for the next version with tilty screen and 5" 720p screen. won't buy the junk lens though.
>>
>>2963845
just buy it for the cheap 4k video capability.
combine it with zhongyi lens turbo ii md mount and old minolta md lenses.
>>
>>2964564
>no manual video mode
haha.
>>
>>2964557
the 42mm has an 80mm portrait option as well as 90mm macro
>>
>>2964557
He makes makes a good point although to say wide angle lenses shouldn't be used at all is retarded - wider than 35 begins to give ugly distortions which cannot be fully corrected. I much prefer interior pano shots with a 50mm or 35mm lens.
>>
>>2964557
you are a fucking retard, you may think your 16mm images are good but that's because you have no basis of comparison and you carry on taking shit photographs and wonder why there's others so much better than you
>>
>>2964585
MFT lenses don't see distortions heavily noticeable until below 18.
>>
>>2964595
and below 18mm perspective is cancer to anybody's eyes
>>
>>2964564
Yeah, it's cheap, but what's the point of 4K if the lens is shit, the bitrate is shit, sound is double shit, there's no 24P, and if you're so poor then you probably can't afford a PC capable of rendering 4K anyway?

>>2964583
>the 42mm has an 80mm portrait option as well as 90mm macro

No, it doesn't. It's a 85mm-equivalent lens with some close focus capability - 1:3 only counts as macro if you're desperate. Also, true macro would've been unusable anyway due to the lack of MF ring.

>>2964585
I doubt you'd do interior pano shots with a 85mm lens though, which is what this Yi lens is equivalent to.

>>2964595
>wider than 35 begins to give ugly distortions
>MFT lenses don't see distortions heavily noticeable until below 18

18mm on m43 = 36mm on film/FF, so you're both saying the exact same thing.
>>
>>2963862
>>2963393
>>2963385
>>2964062
>>2964491
>>2964533
>>2964541
>>2964547
>>2964556
>>2964553

>350 RMB deposited into your account comrade
>>
>>2964541
I can get an em5 and 45 1.8 for that much. Why would I EVER get a xiaomi for that price???
>>
>>2964642
Did you mean 350 aliexpress points?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.