[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /p/ I know next to nothing about photography, so would you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: WP_20161111_11_13_16_Pro.jpg (459KB, 1919x1081px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161111_11_13_16_Pro.jpg
459KB, 1919x1081px
Hey, /p/
I know next to nothing about photography, so would you mind telling me about what I have here?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeMicrosoft
Camera ModelLumia 640 LTE
Camera SoftwareWindows Phone
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)30 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Exposure Time8333/500000 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeAverage
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Auto
Focal Length2.95 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height1840
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
A camera
>>
A hipster camera
>>
You have a Polaroid One Step Land Camera.

It's a lazy cash-in on the instagram craze. The problem is, they forgot to make film for it, so you have to buy Impossible Project film, which is terrible and insanely expensive.
>>
>>2962896
A shitty instant camera that you can get about 20$ for
I have 5 of them, also the old Instagram logo was loosely based on it
>>
>>2962896
That's a Polaroid sx-70
Don't get an sx-70 polaroid model if you care about film varitation, 600 models have much more (cyanotype-ish color film, orange film, special occasion limited edition stuff, ...)
Never get polaroid in general if you like spending money on film, as those cunts at impossible overprice EVERYTHING
>>
A chunk of plastic that's worth $5.
>>
>>2962926
Do you really believe that the camera is modeled after the Instagram logo?
>>
>>2962985
To add to this, the SX-70 is traditionally a collapsable camera, however in the 70s they made an affordable version which was this variation of the one step, it only cost like 40$ brand new, just to give you perspective on how low quality this camera is, it was the economy class instant camera meant for the average family.
>>
>>2962985
You do realize that Impossible lacks the company size and original resources that Polaroid once-had, right? Not to mention they had to - from scratch - reverse-engineer film which originally took decades to invent, with what chemistry and materials were available (the original Polaroid formulas died with the company, due to environmental bans and grandfather clauses). Contrary to popular belief, the high price is not out of sheer greed.
>>
One of the prettiest cameras ever made.

Deceptively pricey, as has been said.

Keep it as a beauty piece for the house.
>>
>>2963037

the old instagram logo, at least. the new one is all gay and rainbows
>>
>>2962926
You sound like you think that's brand-new. That camera was manufactured about three decades before Instagram existed, and the original film was discontinued by Polaroid about five years, prior. Impossible didn't exist until Polaroid announced they were exiting the film industry in 2008.

The ones you see on Amazon and Urban Outshitters for an outrageous price are cameras that have been bought en masse on eBay and refurbished by Impossible. It amazes me how many idiots buy them, but whatever keeps the film price from going any higher.

Anyway, yeah it's a cheap point and shoot instant camera. Buy a pack of film if you want, shoot it and if it's not your thing then don't go any further with it. You'd want the "BW for SX-70" film, it's the easiest to shoot, right now. Color takes a bit to develop and requires extra shielding from light as soon as it ejects from the camera.
>>
>>2962926
>>2963636
I'm not sure if this is subtle bait, or you're just incredibly retarded
>>
>>2963616
Kind of in the same way that you only get 8 shots instead of the original 10; IP just can't figure out how Polaroid crammed those two extra shots in, and it's a secret they took to their grave.

I feel that Fuji is going to do the same thing, and we're going to have 5 years of extremely shitty peel apart film before it starts getting passable.
>>
>>2962896
Its junk. Return it and get a Polaroid 100 land camera. Fuji still makes film for them.
>>
>>2963760
http://www.polaroid.com/products/onestep-sx70-instant- camera
those cunts at polaroid (or whatever shareholding company owns them now) have this as a product in their webpage, and when you click shop it links you to used cameras in amazon. It's ridiculous really, what this company was and is now. Their other products consist of a rebranded Instax Mini 8, some cheap digital hybrid that I believe is also manufactured by Fuji, and Impossible film.
>>
>>2962896
a waste of money and time
>>
>>2963818
Fuji just axed their last packfilm, FP-100c, in March of this year. Enjoy paying $40+ for 10 shots.
>>
>>2964021
Oh, I know... they may have done it to themselves, but it was awful watching them shit the bed in the early-2000s, and become pretty much the bottom of the barrel in consumer electronics, these days.

>>2963818
>>2964082
Even if you don't shoot 4x5, PLEASE support the New55 Color Kickstarter! The development of which will lead to the production of a new packfilm - Florian Kaps is involved, and they are easily the most-qualified team to make this happen, if funded. They cannot do something like that by-hand, like they've been doing with manufacturing their PN.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/892575418/new55-color-4x5-peelapart-film
>>
>>2963636
youre either retarded or a great troll

the camera has been around since before the internet, theres no way it could be based off the instagram logo unless time travel exists
>>
I'm kind of in buyers remorse right now that when i went to Osaka i paid 200 dollars for the shitty auto-focus camera.My fault for paying that much.
>>
>>2964960
Payed 20 for the sonar in a yard sale ...
>>
>>2964339
>Even if you don't shoot 4x5
>PLEASE support the New55 Color Kickstarter
You can't get me to buy in that easily.

You have to understand that while it'd be real nice to see pack film come back, I could also spend that money on stuff that I'd actually use, like film. This would be like telling me to buy packs and packs of Instax mini to fund production of the axed neopan emulsions.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.