[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodnight sweet prince. Formby beach won.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

File: 3.jpg (332KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
332KB, 2048x1536px
Goodnight sweet prince.

Formby beach won.
>>
File: RIP.png (74KB, 227x349px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
74KB, 227x349px
>>
>>2962344
Jesus fucking Christ how did sand hit it in every direction
>>
>>2962352

On a tripod and a freak wave took it out. Went under the water and I had to yank it out the sand.

It is proper fucked, as they say.
>>
>>2962356
Do you have insurance?
>>
I-it's not actually dead, is it?
>>
THERE IS NO GOD
>>
>>2962344
Would've been no biggie if you were using a fully weather-sealed Pentax K-1, senpai.

Hope you've learnt your lesson.
>>
>>2962370
You're right, it would've been no biggie at all to wreck a K-1 instead.
>>
File: 1469713166639.jpg (121KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469713166639.jpg
121KB, 337x450px
>>2962344
F
>>
>>2962344
>Formby beach
>freak wave

Tell the truth, a gang of red squirrels pushed you in didn't they.
>>
File: K-S2 mud.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
K-S2 mud.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>2962344
Should've bought a Pentax.
>>
File: collateral-damage.jpg (24KB, 300x329px) Image search: [Google]
collateral-damage.jpg
24KB, 300x329px
>>2962344
>>
>>2962344
>nikon
Into le trash it goes
>>
If you would have bought a Toyota it would still work.
>>
>landscape fags
No loss here.
>>
#rekt
>>
>>2962344

Died in honest service

F
>>
RIP

are you sure you can't get 99+% alcohol and clean that shit up?
>>
>>2962344
should have bought a bentax.
at least now you can get a k-1.
>>
>>2962344
clean off all the sand and dump it in a bucket of rice for a few days, ya never know
>>
Didn't something like this happen in The Karate Kid, but with a bonsai tree? Quick, wash it with fresh (distilled) water.
>>
>>2962501
Why alcohol? The main issue is the salt, which is not soluble in isopropanol.

Soak the camera in a bucket of clean water for a little while, and change the water a few times. Finally use distilled water and let the camera sit for a few hours. Then let it dry for a few days and give it a try.
>>
Pentax weather sealing doesn't make them waterproof either, idiots.
>>
Weather proof, they said
>>
>>2962669
In the ocean isn't a weather
>>
>>2962592
But leave the battery inside so you don't have to do it twice
>>
>>2962477
Let's see your black and white pictures of tramps please homie
>>
>>2962344
Ou shit, did u had to have a crane with you ?
I heard that usually these kinds of cameras comes from dirt, needs a crane to pull it out :))))))))))))
>>
>>2962344
not that this would help the perfect storm that happened to you but anytime i go to the beach I take painters no mess tape and tape every crack possible in the lens and camera.

Anyone else do that? Im more concerned with salt moisture than sand honestly
>>
just get a cheap beater Pentax for the outdoors

anyway, a friend of mine once fell into the ocean with his smartphone while he was drunk and got it working again
i think he used destilled water, then isopropanol, destilled water again and rice for drying
you might have to open the camera though and there is also a plastic screen in the ovf that reacts beadly with isopropanol

look up the method and give it a try
>>
>>2962344
I guess you used a non-WR lens?
>>
>>2962435
You could even let it fall with a skyscraper that's being demolished and somehow it would still work....
>>
>>2962344
SHOULD OF BOUGHT A R A N G E R O V E R, YUP
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.