[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mount for Lumix G to use Canon lenses?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 81bzjYs5DSL._SL1500_.jpg (196KB, 1500x1125px) Image search: [Google]
81bzjYs5DSL._SL1500_.jpg
196KB, 1500x1125px
My disabled mom just got bought a Panasonic DMC-G7MEB-K Lumix G 4K my a family member, in hopes that on the rare times she can get out of the house she will have some fun, and then something to do when she gets home and back to her bed.

The issue is that I have Canon, and she wants to borrow my glass. Specifically my longer range zoom.

I'm not really familiar with the rings that allow use of other makes of lenses. What am I looking for specifically in this case? Will autofocus still work?
>>
>>2961997
speedbooster

700$

/thread
>>
>>2961997
Unless you want to spend a good bit of money, it's all manual.
>>
>>2962004
>>2962006

Shit, yes, researching that. However, she has her heart set on 4k, and even if we were to get it sent back, I can't see a Canon alternative of comparable size and price.
>>
>>2962008
Does she really need the long zoom?
And if it's for shooting video, manual focus is probably better really. You could get a decent manual lens off ebay for a really good price. Just be aware of the crop factor.
>>
>>2962011

For her, it's basically the draw of the gimmick and making a sick mum happy. She likes that this camera can take 4k video you can crop crisp shots out of, and wants to take pictures of both flowers up close and the moon.

I've pointed out that it's no hardship to manual focus on the moon, so a mount and one of my lenses way still be a better option. It's awkward because a family member has bought it as a gift.
>>
>>2962013
If she wants to change her aperture ever she'll need to mount it on your body and change it there.
>>
1) dont waste your time trying to adapt it, or her time to manually focus
2) get literally any of the panasonic M43 telephotos (40-100, 45-150, 45-175, 45-200) , or the olympus 40-150 or 75-300. Multiply by 2 for equivalent focal length.
>>
Thanks guys. Helpful info, I'll try and direct her to those telephoto lenses.
>>
>>2961997
What does she even want to do? Normies always want super long lenses for absolutely no reason.
>>
>>2962227
Because they're normies and can't bother themselves to move closer. You couldn't figure this out? Apply yourself.
>>
>>2962229
She's disabled
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.