[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Directing models

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 211-1305-7178.jpg (248KB, 585x750px) Image search: [Google]
211-1305-7178.jpg
248KB, 585x750px
godfuck damn, you gotta help me /p/

I've been a mostly landscape photographer all my long (short) career of photography, however I am in slight trouble now

so there is this thing I agreed to and it involves shooting models, nothing too fancy, just a photoshoot outdoors, I know pretty much everything about how I should shoot settings wise, but I have 0 clue on how to direct them, what poses for them to make etc.

what the fuck do I do? I could earn money for this but if I fuck up, well, it wouldn't sit well

can you please show me some examples and share your own experience on how to direct amateur models?
thank /p/, love y'all

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D600
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern918
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width585
Image Height750
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2014:08:01 09:40:04
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width585
Image Height750
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2961906
Petapixel had a good article on it recently, not too long.

http://petapixel.com/2016/11/07/capture-genuine-moments-complete-strangers/

Unless you want that stoic look.
>>
>>2961912
oh damn, thanks, this is a good one

they asked for both candid-looking shots and some, as you described, stoic ones
>>
>>2961906
If they are experienced models just tell them you know nothing about modeling and let them do their thing.
You will come over like a complete sperg if you try to direct people who know better what to do then you do.

If they are inexperienced then don't worry: your shoot will suck anyways. Start with experienced models, that's how you learn.
>>
When you direct them, if you end up doing so, pay attention to the lines made with their body. They're compositionally useful.
>>
when I direct models I usually look at the outfit then it gives me an idea of how they need to be posed. If it just normal clothing then just look at poses online and recreate them or look at Vogue or Elle magazine and flick through the pages.

I was worried like you when it came to my first shoot with models, on the day it just comes to you. But it would be a good idea to look at insporation before hand and maybe scout the location too.

Tips.

Talk loud enough for the model to hear what you're saying, If you're too quiet it can become awkward.

Make small talk with the model and other relevant people such as makeup artist, break the ice ya know?

Say to everyone before hand "If anyone has any poses in mind feel free to shout them out" usually this can help you in some situations.

If you have a Bluetooth speaker or a chargeable one bring it along to the shoot and play whatever is in the charts it'll make everyone on set comfortable.

If the model is experienced she will adapt the poses you give her, if she isnt make sure you know at least 4 basic poses before hand then work off those.

when photographing women shoot slightly above the eyes, so make sure the camera is slightly higher than their eye line as it makes their face slimmer and more appealing, if its guys then just shoot into the eye line.

Ive shot Miss UK and models from big agencies so yeah

drink plenty of water as itll make you think straight
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.