[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Raw editors

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: Lightroom-CC-logo[1].png (53KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Lightroom-CC-logo[1].png
53KB, 1024x1024px
So I just got my new camera (first body upgrade since 2008) and thought I'd see what the current Adobe Lightroom goes for. Apparently you can only get a fucking subscription now (might be old news, but fulltime job keeps you out of the loop).
The only option now is to switch to an already obsolete lightroom version (6), get a fucking subscription, or chose another raw converter. I'll give Capture One Pro a try, seeing as how it's included with the camera body (and if I can somehow export my existing catalogue of edited raws into it).

What does the rest of /p/ use for raw editing? Also, is there any way round this subscription bullshit?
>>
>>2961562
I use Lightroom, it's by far the best.

But I pirate it because I don't want to support a shitty company like Adobe.
>>
>>2961562

Looks like LR6 is basically the current CC version and looks like what's included with my new camera is a downgraded version of Capture One Pro...
>>
>>2961565

Can you still activate a trial version with a key or does one have to pirate the whole thing now?
>>
>>2961565
Adobe hasn't been shitty to me. They gave me £100 off my sub, then accidently gave me £260. I tried to get them to take the £260 back but they wouldn't, so I spent it on a lens.
>>
>>2961568
Just the key.
But you have to do it again after each major update.
>>
>>2961569
I just can't forgive them for Flash.
>>
LR6 is not obsolete.

It gets the same continued support CC does in the form of feature improvements, camera support, lens profiles, bug fixes etc. This includes getting LR6 updated to 6.4 for free

Only thing missing is the dehaze slider, which doesn't matter
In fact I even heard about some guy making a free filter pack doing the same thing as the dehaze slider. I never verified that, because like I said, it doesn't fucking matter

LR standalone is a very viable option for the hobbyist who doesn't want to pay monthly.
>>
>>2961574
It doesn't do the same thing, the dude had no idea what he was doing and just made it boost contrast pretty much.

RawTherapee is also good, been using that recently but I export TIFFs to correct the perspective in Photoshop since you can just draw a rectangle on a flat surface and get it all straightened out there.
>>
>>2961570

Where did you get a working key? I've searched for ages and then gave up and switched to DXO
>>
Affinity
>>
>>2961606
adobe snr patch painter
>>
I suspect Lightroom's days are numbered. At least Lightroom as you now know it:

https://techcrunch.com/2016/11/02/adobe-previews-its-next-gen-photo-editor/

>Adobe today previewed Project Nimbus, a new cloud-native, Lightroom-like photo editor that takes away a lot of the complexity of Adobe’s flagship photo-managing and editing application and replaces it with simpler, smarter tools.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.