[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Nikon cutting 1000 jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (57KB, 550x240px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 550x240px
http://nikonrumors.com/2016/11/07/nikon-to-cut-1000-jobs-in-japan-or-10-of-its-domestic-workforce.aspx/

HAHAHA HOW WILL NIKON FANBOYS EVER RECOVER

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePix X100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.0 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution220 dpi
Vertical Resolution220 dpi
Image Created2012:03:28 16:23:06
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating2000
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness2.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length23.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Go to bed Moopco, it's past midnight.
>>
>>2961131
it's more a sign of the times.

not really anything to be happy about if you like or care about cameras, even if your favourite brand is something else
>>
>>2961131
Most camera companies are not doing that well and sales are dropping pretty much across the board. Even for Canon.

Sony's camera division has been on thin ice for a while. Pentax almost went out of business a couple of decades ago.

What enables these companies to even survive in the first place are the entry level bodies that we love to mock because we think we're so above using them. It's kinda like how non of the companies that produce supercars make most of their money from said cars or even racing. It's easy to forget if you live in photography land and your news feed is consumed with PetaPixel and Nikon Rumors articles about the latest expensive piece of equipment.
>>
It's just a rumor, Nikon posted a press release stating that the story was false. Hopefully they would just cut from their manufacturing/scientific business more than they would cut from photography anyway, since they lost a bunch of market share in steppers years ago and the division has just been bleeding money ever since.

Camera business is shit for pretty much everyone except maybe Sony, but even for them mostly just because they sell so many damn sensors. Nikon is just in a worse position than the other big players because cameras are the majority of the company as opposed to Canon where cameras are one of the major divisions or Sony where cameras are a small fraction or Panasonic and Ricoh/Pentax and Zeiss which all keep their photo divisions as basically a tiny hobby on the side of everything else the company does.

I don't see how any company doing poorly benefits any photographer, either.

>>2961237
>Pentax almost went out of business a couple of decades ago.
Pentax was circling the drain for years. They ended up bought out by Hoya, gutted, and then sold to Ricoh just a couple of years ago.
>>
File: IMG_20161007_155441.jpg (1MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161007_155441.jpg
1MB, 3264x1836px
It's all those liberal cell phones with those bokeh cameras. Why would you need a dslr if you can do the same without lugging a huge black brick around. Well, at least thats what those stupid millenials think. People are getting weak! My proposition would be to nuke those faggots at Apple, especially the head of their nazi-driven organization.

My name is Marshall Davidson, I'm the head of the Heaven Survivalist group of Ohio. We accept donations in form of 5.56 ammo packs.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSAMSUNG
Camera ModelSM-G935F
Camera SoftwareG935FXXU1APEK
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3264
Image Height1836
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:10:07 15:54:41
Exposure Time1/17 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1000
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness-1.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.13 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height1836
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDD13QSGI01OA
>>
>>2961131
Ok

http://nikonrumors.com/2016/11/07/oops-nkon-denies-any-layofs.aspx/
>>
>>2961131

They will recover when Sony buys Nikon.

>http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/former-nikon-ambassador-sporsheim-says-sony-circling-around-nikons-camera-division-like-shark-water-smelling-blood/

Unlike Nikon, Sony's camera division has had some amazing growth the last few years. They almost match Nikon's market share at this point. They probably already surpass it in Japan.
>>
>>2961237
>sonys camera division has been on thin ice.

>opens amazon, cameras, mirrorless, sort by bestselling, 9 out of 10 are sony.
>google sony mirrorless sales, nothing but increasing.
>looks to sony r&d department, more products coming than fuji, nikon and canon combined.

Yeah the camera industry is declining, if you're not a sports professional it's no longer the camera industry, only the sony industry.

Stay salty.
>>
>>2961406

Don't forget, Fuji and Nikon both use Sony sensors.

Pretty much everyone but Canon does.
>>
>>2961406
>bestselling mirrorless cameras are Sony
What about the bestselling cameras of all time? Last I checked the best selling ILC's were Canon D-SLRs

>more products coming
That doesn't mean much of anything. Sony's rapid release of products has been sort of a joke for a while now.

>>2961400
>Unlike Nikon, Sony's camera division has had some amazing growth the last few years. They almost match Nikon's market share at this point. They probably already surpass it in Japan.
This is because Sony sells their sensors to other manufacturers, like Nikon. If it wasn't for that, they'd be in no better shape.

I don't know about anyone else but out of all the photographers I've seen and met, it seems like for every Sony user there are about 10 more Canikon users.
>>
>>2961414
>last i checked canon were the best selling ilcs
Yeh, the bottom of the range rabble does sell a heck of a lot of units, it's the cheapest ilc kit on the market so first choice for parents to give their kids.

>sonys rapid release of products is a joke.
Show me one bad product they've brought out in the last 24 months. Last i checked both their lenses and bodies destroyed the competition. I bet you're the same cunt that used to whine sony had no lenses.

>that's because sensors
Their sensor and camera departments are separate you dildo. Sony are the only company showing growth in camera sales.
>>
>>2961416
>Yeh, the bottom of the range rabble does sell a heck of a lot of units, it's the cheapest ilc kit on the market so first choice for parents to give their kids.
You know that's not what I meant at all, people of all ages buy entry level D-SLRs and plenty more spring for 6D's, 5D's and 7D's.

>Show me one bad product they've brought out in the last 24 months.
That isn't what I meant at all. I meat joke as in "haha, Sony just came out with a new camera, but if you wait another 6 months they'll have an update for that as well". Although they did basically abandon their SLT's before they even got started.

> Last i checked both their lenses and bodies destroyed the competition.
Narrow margins of technical superiority=/="destroying the competition"

>I bet you're the same cunt that used to whine sony had no lenses.
Nah, but you should curb your frustration. Your fanboyism is leaking out.

>Their sensor and camera departments are separate you dildo. Sony are the only company showing growth in camera sales.
Then why does nobody seem to care about them outside internet forums and spec sheets?
>>
>>2961410
Olympus does as well.
>>
Will they now release more affordable DX primes?
>>
>>2961247
you may think this is funny but no
>>
>>2961488

>Then why does nobody seem to care about them outside internet forums and spec sheets?

And sales numbers.

They are talked about on internet forums because they are popular.

To bw fair, if you live in the States, Sony has almost no presence.

Completely different story in Europe or Asia though.
>>
>>2961646
Yeah I do live in the states and I've only ever met one person who actually shoots Sony seriously. When I traveled last month to Chicago I saw plenty of people from other countries, a lot of them had either higher end Canikon's, Fujis or Leicas, and then there were a few Asians with Sonys which didn't really surprise me that much.

I guess the market elsewhere really is different, but I still can't get over what a PITA their cameras are to use (at least that's how I felt when I picked them up at a store a few times). But don't mistake me as a Sony hater, I've even considered an A7s II for my low light shots (of moving subjects) since to me that's one camera that does truly stand out. I haven't pulled the trigger because I'm not sure that niche of shooting is something I couldn't accomplish with artificial lighting for far less money.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.