[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginniner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Screenshot_2016-11-06-20-09-32.png (228KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-11-06-20-09-32.png
228KB, 720x1280px
Also can I get some recommendations? I don't want something I'll grow out of too fast
>>
>>2960562
don't buy that
>>
What kind of photography are you doing?
>>
>>2960562
Don't buy it.

Get a Fuji XE-1 or XT-1. If you're feeling spunky get an XPro1
>>
>>2960609
please explain
>>
>>2960609
This or a NEX
>>
>>2960562
If you want to get a rabble get an older model like the t3i. You can get one for maybe $250 - $300 used. The improvements you get with the t6i honestly isn't worth it for that price tag.
>>
>>2960591
Skylines and general urban shit

>>2960626
How do they compare?
>>
>>2960638
Pentax k-1

A few manual focusing lenses made by Pentax

The 50mm f1.4 would work miracles
>>
File: lense overheating box issues.png (82KB, 735x500px) Image search: [Google]
lense overheating box issues.png
82KB, 735x500px
>>2960562
Just buy whatever's in your price range. Asking gearfags won't get you anywhere.
>>
>>2960562
Around that budget I would say a used D7000, used K-S2 or new K-70
With kit lens preferably, later you can get a nice 35mm prime which is super cheap and super nice for Pentax.
>>
>>2960562
>>2960650
If you're not doing video save a lot of money and get a used Pentax k-30 or k-50. You won't grow out of them and you can play around with old inexpensive quality Pentax primes, which will further your skills far more than any consumerist gadgetry in the cheap canikons.
>>
plastic one dial canon rabal. enjoy menu diving to change settings as your photo subject, and life, passes you by.

i can't tell you have many times my friend who bought a canon t5 has missed a shot fumbling around with the clumsy canon menus but it has been a ton. meanwhile my camera has two dials i can easily change settings without pulling the camera away from my face to menu dive.

unless you shoot green box soccer mom mode don't buy a shitty entry level canon or nikon camera. they're trash.
>>
>>2960562
A full frame camera will give much sharper photos due to larger photosites (size of each pixel), much better lowlight performance as it gathers more light, lenses render as they should as they're not cropped in and you get far more bokeh with full frame. A second hand sony a7 should be in budget and an evf will help you learn a lot quicker as it shows exactly what your photo will look like.
>>
>>2960720
>lenses render as they should as they're not cropped in
I take you never shot MF
>>
be warned, sony spillover shills have heavily contaminated /p/
>>
>>2960705
what camera

>le both nikon and canon are bad meme

gee i wonder
>>
plastic one dial nikon. enjoy menu diving to change settings as your photo subject, and life, passes you by.

i can't tell you have many times my friend who bought a nikon has missed a shot fumbling around with the clumsy nikon menus but it has been a ton. meanwhile my camera has two dials i can easily change settings without pulling the camera away from my face to menu dive.

unless you shoot green box soccer mom mode don't buy a shitty entry level nikon or sony camera. they're trash.
>>
File: 1475278091605.jpg (148KB, 534x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475278091605.jpg
148KB, 534x800px
The truth is it doesn't matter, at all. Go into store and pick up the cameras. Which one feels the most comfortable in your hands? Buy that one.

Canon, Nikon, Fuji, and Sony are good brands. Canon and Nikon have been around for awhile and are not going anywhere. Sony and Fuji are relatively new but are doing interesting things though it is not always well though out. Avoid Olympus, Pentax, and other no-name brands. Hasselblad and Leica are luxury cameras that are definitely not worth their price tags for the kind of cameras you are looking at.

Yes it is a lot of money but which of the main brands you choose matters a lot less than you think it will.
>>
>>2961193
note : only 3 companies listed here are camera companies

there is literally nothing that would stop sony from immediately killing off its entire photography line if it stopped being profitable compared to their other ventures.
>>
File: 1476133822247.jpg (153KB, 600x1116px) Image search: [Google]
1476133822247.jpg
153KB, 600x1116px
>>2961194
>>
You can get a refurb Rebel SL1 for $329 with the kit lens on the Canon direct store. Use the extra money you save to buy the 24mm pancake or 40mm pancake. Or both.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.