[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Printing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: DSC07841.jpg (2MB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07841.jpg
2MB, 2000x3000px
I'm considering printing a few of my pics and gift them for Christmas (and for myself).
So far I've only seen services offering the typical letter-size, good for photo albums I guess but I want a few, big ones. I'm pretty sure a 24MP source should be okay on A3+.

Anyway, does anyone have any recommendation? Anything to be careful about processing-wise? Matte/Glossy? How about those fancy prints on metal sheets?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareILCE-7 v3.20
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016-08-21T22:57:30+09:00
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Brightness-5.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length28.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height3000
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: DSC07715.jpg (756KB, 2000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC07715.jpg
756KB, 2000x3000px
Really, no one ever does prints here?

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareILCE-7 v3.20
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2016-08-21T22:57:08+09:00
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/3.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/3.5
Brightness-5.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length28.00 mm
Image Width2000
Image Height3000
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
not printing these are you?
>>
>>2960875
lol
>>
Glossy, if you want super good quality for close examination, you want 300 dpi or more. Those are raw pixels, son. Your A7 can print 20 x 14" (well, 13.33") at that resolution, which I guess is in between A2 and A3 in britbong paper sizes.

If you want passable quality for a big print you look at from six feet away, 200 dpi will suffice.
>>
I like epson luster. Glossy looks like shit.
>>
File: _DSC5109.jpg (808KB, 3000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
_DSC5109.jpg
808KB, 3000x2000px
>>2960875
>generic troll comment
do you have anything to say in regards to printing those? or even just CC?
>>2960895
thank you, figured size-wise I could look at this sort of sizes. not looking for billboards-huge, just something that can be hanged at a wall without looking too ridiculously small.
>>2960963
>epson luster
looked it up, it seems to be some high-grade paper. do you use it on a printer of your own?

also, I'm not too bothered by noise when it's still in digital form, but once printed, does it become more annoying? should I be careful about dark scenes losing all nuances? or maybe bright aread on the contrary? ooh, and what about gamut? I guess sRGB is not too accurate to what I'll get, is it?

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7
Camera SoftwareILCE-7 v1.10
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)40 mm
Image Created2015-08-08T01:31:43-15:00
Exposure Time30 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness-5.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length40.00 mm
Image Width3000
Image Height2000
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastSoft
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2961433
>do you have anything to say in regards to printing those? or even just CC?

they are bad and awkward pictures. not suitable for gift.
>>
>>2961434
>bad and awkward
okay
>not suitable for gift
that I can agree with. those pictures I'm only considering for myself.
>>
Hey Anon.

It's really cool that you have this hobby and like taking pictures and maybe one day, if you fall in love with it, you'll pursue it to the point of having your work in exhibitions like I did. But art is such a subjective thing, and so are photographs. Unless the exchange is between art majors, collectors, or grandmas with kitschy taste - unless you can truly predict what pieces your recipients will like (if any) - please don't gift them. I feel awkward for you. I feel awkward because, though you may like these pictures (and there are some reflections of positive aesthetic qualities to them) they will probably make the recipient see you differently. I have my work in galleries, I sell prints on average between $300-600. And I would never gift any of my photographs to anyone except for a landscape picture I might have taken on a trip with my dad to my dad, who gushes over everything I do anyway. Please don't make Christmas awkward for your friends or family.
>>
>>2961443
then youre cool.

gift pictures that people have already said "omg i love that pic woooooow". and even then, do a small print so they can put it in the kitchen and not forced to put it in some huge central space.
>>
>>2961433
>cc

Dude, they have massive amounts of motion blur and noise, learn 2 tripod.

That's before we get onto the fact they're poorly composed, poorly edited and of absolutely nothing.

You only like them because you did them, trust bruh, people will feel hella awkward receiving these and feeling compelled to hang them.
>>
>>2961448
Thanks for the warning, I guess.
How do you do your prints?
>>
>>2961450
This. One of the first thing you should learn as any of artist is to not force your work on others.
Most people decorate their house in a specific way that suits them, even if they like their work they might not want to put it up.

>>2961433
>CC
they're out of focus and poorly composed. the stars are ugly as shit.
Try a much longer exposure and get star trails or something, because right now it's ugly.
Also, resize your god damn photos you fucking cunt.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.