[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

STOP "GENERAL" THREADS

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: americans.gif (2MB, 271x303px) Image search: [Google]
americans.gif
2MB, 271x303px
STOP "GENERAL" THREADS
>>
>>2959321
WE NEED GENERAL THREADS SO FUCKING NEWFAGS ARENT POSTING "HURR LÊ DURR WHAT CANON DSLR DO I BUY" EVERY DAY
>>
>>2959398
STOP GENERAL PHOTO THREADS :^)
>>
STOP CAPS LOCK GENERALS
>>
How about making a photo thread or posting some c&c instead of making a thread complaining about the state of the board?
>>
>>2959402
Whenever I see that ridiculous beakynosed smiley I just want to punch its face in.
>>
>>2959402
BUT WE NEED GENERAL PHOTO THREADS SO BAD SNAPSHITS DONT OUTBUMP GOOD THREADS
>>
>>2959464
Edgy
>>
>>2959685
That doesn't seem to keep isi and her boy toy trips from making their threads
>>
>>2959460
i propose we make a "/p/ is shit"/"lets make /p/ great again" general
>>
>>2959759
isi makes photo threads. They turn to shit because you people hate her and decide to turn them to shit.
You should discourage shitposting in photo threads rather than the threads themselves, no matter how much her personality triggers you.
>>
>>2959321
use a fucking filter like the rest of 4chan instead of whining about a problem you can't fix. This isn't your board
>>
>>2959790
No, we critique. She gets defensive and tries rather hard to disprove our critique.
>>
>>2960033
About 10% critique, the rest shitpost. Even in gear threads people throw in opinions with absolutely no citation. This isn't /sp/ where you can say you don't like one team for no reason. It gets fucking tired people just saying "hurr Sony a shit" or turning one persons shit uneducated opinion into a forced meme they shitpost as a reply to a genuine question in a gear thread.

I imagine its the same people that make shitpost threads too.
>>
>>2960034
I guess /p/ is fucked then :/ got any other forums similar?
>>
>>2960038
I wouldn't say it's fucked, there's still good advice to be had.

I would say that people can just google 95% of questions anyway.

What /p/ shits the bed with in terms of talking absolute shite, it makes up for in not having pretentious know-it-alls that want you to know how lucky you are to be graced with an answer by them.

If I want an answer to a specific question, i'll:
>google it
>check reddit question threads
>ask in a reddit question thread
>ask here if I feel like putting up with the shit
>>
>>2960041
why would you come to this board for advice anyway? I filter all critique threads because they're all massive circlejerks

also >>/reddit/
>>
>>2960044
Not that guy but when I first started /p/, there was good crits, these fuckers taught me a lot to do with composition. Just looking at the photo threads by like 5 different photographers helped and inspired me a fuck tonne. Although that's all long gone, tripfags like isi (only mentioning her because she's talked about above) still offer good critiques. However I do wish they went back to having separate threads for photographers. Quality of threads would improve too and best threads would be bumped to top rather than rpt and photoshopdispls
>>
>>2960034
This is also a magical place where if you say you dislike a camera or lens for X reason while owning it you get the super valid and neat defense of:
>that's not valid

/p/'s a board that can't handle people disliking what they like under any circumstances.
>I imagine its the same people that make shitpost threads too.
the whole cancerous facebook/irc circlejerk shitpost far too much.
>>
>>2960049
>the whole cancerous facebook/irc circlejerk shitpost far too much.
I agree that spillover from the chats is probably most of the cancer on the board now.
Fixing the board would take a collective effort of filtering cancerous people and threads instead of feeding them attention, though, and that will never happen.
I suppose this is what you get with "artists" since they all want to rise to the top even if it means stepping on others. This board cannot work together for a common good.
>>
>>2960053
>I suppose this is what you get with "artists" since they all want to rise to the top even if it means stepping on others. This board cannot work together for a common good.

It's kinda rare that I meet a photographer or other creative/artistic type who is as interested in the well-being and success of peers as they would be his or her own. Especially true if they start gaining some sort of presence or have a lot of followers, then they just think they're the shit and that their opinion is special (it isn't).
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.