[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Never know you love her til you let her go

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 6

File: D3S_0635-1200.jpg (273KB, 1200x1122px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_0635-1200.jpg
273KB, 1200x1122px
What's her name, /p/? Old tech you go back to after "upgrading". I know you've done it.

Pic related, got it when I was a poorfag student, wanted a body that would meter with MF lenses, and the D200 was still over $1k and the D300 was just coming out.

It's been all over the world and keeps clacking along. Earlier this year I finally upgraded to that D300 I wanted all those years ago since they're dirt cheap after D500 launched. I've been trying to love it and while I know the sensor is superior on paper I'm coming to hate it. Took it out to shoot the fall colors yesterday and all I got were dogshit raws with ugly dull unnatural colors, ugly noisy shadows at base ISO, and ugly tones everywhere. Can't get anything I'm happy out of it. Meanwhile the D2Hs has better colors, especially at higher ISOs, sharper images, better AF modes, better body, better viewfinder, better controls, better battery life, it's faster, and the raws are much more flexible and easy to work with. I'm definitely leaving the D300 behind next time I go shooting.

Stories? Who else is happily living in the past?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
A friend still uses the D300s even though he now has access to a D750. Claims he doesn't like the D750, but can't explain why. His photos on the D300s come out noisy as shit and just muddy in general. I'm starting to think he's going blind because he keeps submitting photos that look like garbage.

Sometimes I wish I could live in the past and just be happy with what I have, but some of the latest and greatest tech does make my job easier, but I'm also more in debt. FML.
>>
File: a7000.jpg (41KB, 595x411px) Image search: [Google]
a7000.jpg
41KB, 595x411px
Oh Saint Rockwell, right in the feels.
Minolta a7000, gorgeous. Notice tat aperture control BUTTONS near the bayonet. I consider rebuying it.
>>
>>2958834
Maria. She never loved me back and it was painful realizing it at the end of the relationship.
I never felt compassion to my gadgets though, all of them are tools no matter if professional or hobby use.
>>
I "upgraded" from an f90x to a d2x.

I still use the f90x because it's just lighter than the d2x even with the vertical grip. Not to mention pushing several films to 3200 get less grain than hi2 on the d2x.
>>
>>2958851
This, The camera is a tank until the aperture magnet goes out, Witch it always will.

Also, My D7000; I had to sell it to make rent a year or two ago and nothing even comes close to how fun it was to shoot with
>>
It's true that some old cameras can in some situations be better than new cameras. As an anecdote, my ancient Pentax DSLR has more dynamic range than my newer Olympus. I can underexpose it by 2-3 stops and get back an image that still has great colors, good sharpness, and low noise. Whereas on the Olympus, 2-3 stops under means a purple shift, high noise levels and muddy details. Even though the Olympus is better on paper and in almost every category of real-world shooting in my experience, I still go to the Pentax if I'm shooting an event because I can set and forget at -1.5 and know that I'm getting everything from the sky to the dark shade and be able to pull all the tones I need from the raw file.
>>
Canon 5D

Yea that slut couldnt go over 400 ISO without shadows looking like a bowl of Fruit Loops but at 100 ISO it could hang with newer FF cams and I did some cool shit with mine
>>
>>2959113
But it ran away with a nigger. Such is life, senpai
>>
>>2959113
>I did some cool shit with mine

???
>>
>>2959138
heard he tossed it at a gator, saved his leg
>>
File: NikonF580mmf18side.jpg (31KB, 418x410px) Image search: [Google]
NikonF580mmf18side.jpg
31KB, 418x410px
weights 2kgs and is completely overkill for any 35mm shooting

but god it feels nice to hold, and it just goes and goes forever
>>
this is the other way around.
>used a canon 5d mk ii with sigma art 50 for a while, borrowed.
>bought an em5.
>woah, dynamic range does exist??
>a lens that takes less than one second to focus and isnt consistently missing every god damn time??
>>
>>2958834
Sold my D5100 to Adorama and got peanuts for it.

I didn't want to get rid of it, but needed money badly. The most annoying thing is that they way underpaid vs. what the camera was going for on the Amazon.com marketplace, which is where I normally sell. I could have easily sold through that avenue, had I not been so desperate.

I really do value my current camera and it's been on all kinds of trips and seen some shit with me, but I miss my old one simply because it carried the novelty of being my first "real" camera.
>>
>>2958834
"Upgraded" to a 5dsr from a sony a7r2 because:

Best egros
Batteries are huge as fuck, last forever
No water can get in, they're water proof
Most resolution ever, at least over 50 Mps

But I really regret it. Because I just realized a few things

Worse image quality
bad dr
more expensive
lenses cant even resolve 50mp yet

I feel cheated, wish I could go back to the superior camera system desu
>>
File: 1137-6109.jpg (811KB, 1440x960px) Image search: [Google]
1137-6109.jpg
811KB, 1440x960px
>>2959138

Remember that time you traipsed the country plus Canada with your camera? And got paid for it?

Yeah me either.

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
>>
Mine's not gone but my old girl is a D70. I don't really get selling old camera gear though unless you are like gonna lose your thumbs or something. How much is an old D100 or D70 seriously going to get you?

Anyhow, I do still pick it up and play around with it every once in a while. It's a great feeling camera but it cannot keep up at all anymore. I'll still keep it on my shelf with my other gear for nostalgia but I doubt I'll ever shoot with purpose with it again. I don't even have a CF reader on this new PC so I'd have to... *shudder* transfer USB 1.1 *shudder shudder*.
>>
>>2959222
Wait, what? a picture worth looking at coming from you?
>>
>>2958834
just get a sony.
>>
>>2959204
with jews you lose.
>>
>>2959209
trade it for a bentax k1
>>
>>2959242
>that benbox
whoa mama
>>
>>2958834
>Sell D700 to my dad
>Know he never shoots it because he's all X-T1 and X-T2

F
>>
>>2959262
It's surprisingly comfy though
>>
>D300
>upgrade
I used to shoot on a d300 last year and it was like a potato with a lens on the end
>>
>>2959240
Fuck off, I LIKE good ergonomics and need something that's not designed to be replaced in a year or two.
>>
>>2959231

A broken clock is right twice a day
>>
File: KEN_2110-wall.jpg (32KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
KEN_2110-wall.jpg
32KB, 600x402px
>>2959288
Everybody knows that Nikons have the best ergos

Far more ergos than the next best camera.

Sony=0 Ergos
Canon= 2-3 Ergos
Nikon= >5 Ergos

The more ergos the better, that's why I picked nikon. The guy at best buy told me "Look, sony is alright, canon is good, but when it comes to the most ergos per dollar, pick nikon." He then pointed out it has dual ergo slots, and a smaler sensor (to fit more ergos into a tigher space). Now when I hold my camera, I just KNOW it's the most cumftorble thing to hold.

NIKON 4 LIFE!

Pic related is a picture I took with my nikon
>>
I fell in love with the Panasonic GX7 with the PanaLeica 15mm f1.7. Just a god-tier camera and god-tier lens, even though it's MFT. I sold it and went to a Fuji X-pro with a buttload of different lenses (18mm, 35mm 1.4, 35mm f2, some m-mount glass) but it never truly replaced my GX7. Sold it. Went to the x100s. Loved it. Still didn't replace the GX7. Sold it. Got a Leica M8. Love it. Won't sell it.

But I bought a GX85. Still need to get that lens back now...
>>
>>2959229
>I don't really get selling old camera gear though unless you are like gonna lose your thumbs or something.

It really depends.
Had a D60, got a D90. Then got a D7000, sold the D60 and got some other gear with the money.
Now got a D810, sold the D90 and got new glass with the money.
I can understand why keeping another body, but there's gear there is no use to keep around at some point.
>>
>>2958834

I started with an Panasonic FZ30 and then switched to Fujifilm S100FS. Both are a great value for a hobbyist because of mechanic ring and relatively good sensitivity, S100FS is even better because it writes RAWs fast enough to actually use it while FZ30 is turtle slow at that.

Never got back to them except to see if they still work after I switched to K-5 II with Sigma 17-70 and 70-200 F4 - covers my needs nicely. I do not feel like missing the range, I got very agile at changing objectives.

I still like the S100FS because of snappy autofocus and overall responsiveness of UI and rarely use it as backup.
>>
>>2959296
after a while maybe you'll realize it really doesn't fucking matter if a camera is .02% better at another when most shit is small prints or internet jpegs anyway. get what feels comfortable and is reliable.
>>
>>2959348
i will NEVER get rid go my GX7 with 20mm pancake. I shoot FF now but that little guy traveled the world with me and took some good falls but keeps going
>>
File: nikon-D850Erg edition.jpg (142KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
nikon-D850Erg edition.jpg
142KB, 600x800px
>>2959877
Well, when I went to the customer service desk at walmart in the electronics section. I said "Listen, I know you guys are trained in the photographic arts, so you'd know better than anybody. I need ergos, the more the better"

The photo pro showed me to the sonys, and I just laughed at him! I know that my camera is going to be on a tripod 99% of the time, but I want to be able to SEE the ergos, and talk about ergos with other /p/rofessionals. Sony obviously wasn't the way to go. So next he brough me over to the canon rebel. Decent ergos, more than sony. But the ergos didn't jump out at me, the edges made it appear like it would HURT my fragile hand. So he brough me over to the nikons. FUCKING PERFECTION. Ergos everywhere, at least 3 on the grip, and 2 ergos on the eye. I can't remember if there was one on the back dial (i was so excited). it even came standard with an anti-carpal tunnel device (im told this is sort of a first in the ergo industry). Now when my camera is on that tripod, i can just admire how good it looks. and when im at home not using it (which is almost always) i can brag about my ergs on /p/. Everybody that isn't a complete retard knows YOU CAN'T FUCKING SHOOT WHEN YOUR HAND ISN'T 100% CUMFORTABLE! You just fucking can't! Think about it. When you're walking around taking grade A street photography fine art,when you lift your camer to your eye, how can you even take a fuking picture without ergonomics? Not possible.

pic related is from my nikon with the ergos I was talking about. It would not have been possible to even take this picture with a canon or sony with less ergonomics

Equipment MakeNIKON
Camera ModelCOOLPIX P530
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)105 mm
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:09:27 22:52:41
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/4.2
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.70 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width600
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Color ModeCOLOR
Image QualityNORMAL
White BalanceAUTO1
Focus ModeAF-S
Flash SettingNORMAL
ISO SelectionAUTO
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Image AdjustmentNORMAL
Tone CompensationNORMAL
Auto FocusSingle Area, Unknown Selected, Top Focused
Noise ReductionOFF
Saturation 2NORMAL
>>
>>2959889
> coolpix
I admit, you made me smirk
>>
>>2959139
you're an asshole
>>
I miss the crisp shots of my 400D, and the quiet click if the shutter. I upgraded to a 70D and for all intents and purposes it's a superior camera, it just has a loud as fuck shutter, and somehow FEELs shittier.
>>
>>2959889
wew lad, sony's bad ergo really hurt your butt
>>
>>2959231
>worth looking
This is actually marvelous you fucking shitpiece
>>
>>2959222
>UP Big Boy

my feels senpai
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.