[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi p, I tried something new and merged some of my photographs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: upload1.jpg (629KB, 757x1050px) Image search: [Google]
upload1.jpg
629KB, 757x1050px
Hi p,
I tried something new and merged some of my photographs with photo/chemograms and got these 3 pictures.
I'd be happy to hear some opinions.

1/3

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:11:02 23:12:54
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width757
Image Height1050
>>
File: upload2.jpg (725KB, 757x1050px) Image search: [Google]
upload2.jpg
725KB, 757x1050px
2/3

Image Created2016:11:02 23:10:28
Image Width757
Image Height1050
>>
File: upload3.jpg (805KB, 757x1050px) Image search: [Google]
upload3.jpg
805KB, 757x1050px
3/3

Image Created2016:11:02 23:15:40
Image Width757
Image Height1050
>>
looks neat. first 2 are the strongest.

cool for a one off short serie, i think 10 of those would wear off fast.
>>
Neat. Would work well as large prints. The third one seems weaker than 1 and 2.
>>
>>2958066
Damn these look pretty good man. Makes it look like an alien environment. If you dont mind id like to try that myself. Could you run me through the process? It reminds me of this one dude who would dunk 35mm film in shit like ammonia and bleach
>>
Yeah, those are pretty fucking neato and pleasing to look at.
>>
>>2958073
Agree with this guy.

The blending is done tastefully, not heavy-handed but the 1st two work and the 3rd doesn't. There's a certain harmony and cohesiveness in the 1st two.
>>
>>2958415

im glad we agree on this, blowjobdrew.

whats good with 1 and 2 goes for both images, because they are similar: small far away subject, open sky and a somewhat uniform foreground. 3rd has those strong lines that prevent blending, foreground is too noticeable and detailed. texture is weak too.

since the good ones are bassically the same image/strategy, you need to come up with different ways to blend that stuff, OP. try going more abstract.
>>
>>2958066
nice man.

how you manage it ? did you know what the results would be before you did it ?

as the secound one looks too good to be a blind luck thing.

though i agree with

>>2958073

the novelty would wear off a bit too quick for a full photo set.

keep it up though dude !
>>
File: upload4.jpg (274KB, 1999x1198px) Image search: [Google]
upload4.jpg
274KB, 1999x1198px
Thanks for your feedback, i really appreciate it.

>>2958472
I had the idea to use my old photgrams as layer masks, so i searched for suitable pictures with a small subject and some free space to give the texture of the photogram some room. Of couse there was some luck that it worked so well and i didn't exactly know how the result would look.
For the third i tried to use a groundlayer with less negative space. Now i see that was not the best idea and that the texture of the mask don't quite match the photo (i like the colours though).

Unfortunately i did some heavy cropping so there's no resolution for bigger prints. But I printed them 13x18cm and they look nice with a passepartout. The original photograms are even smaller

>>2958388
Here you can see the pictures i used for the first one.
For the photo/chemogram i used a papertowel and light and some drops of the stop bath before developing. Then scanned it and put it in photoshop as a mask.

Image Width15500
Image Height19200
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:11:04 13:56:22
Image Width1999
Image Height1198
>>
>>2958067
>>2958066
>>2958068

These are legitimately interesting. Can you talk me through the process?
>>
>>2962218
>Can you talk me through the process?

can you read?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.