[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Discuss this /p/hoto

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: discuss.jpg (144KB, 634x856px) Image search: [Google]
discuss.jpg
144KB, 634x856px
Okay /p/ we have had quite a few successful discussion threads in the past and I would like to continue in that vein.

Here we have a courtroom action shot of Ted Bundy
>inb4 watermark

I have always thought this shot was good and gripping from the first time I saw it years back.

Is this a technically good shot?
Does the subject carry so much weight that it doesnt matter?

What do you think of it?
>>
>>2954968
He has a silly face, I like the picture.
>>
>>2954968
>Okay /p/ we have had quite a few successful discussion threads in the past
Not really.
>>
>>2954968
>Ted Bundy
Knowing the identity and history of the subject changes the pictures impact significantly
>>
>>2955123
yeah i agree before i read OP it just looked like a badly shot portrait of a person. Its a case of the subject of the image elevating an otherwise boring photo.
>>
Don't know much about composition but I think it works well, subject well in shot, juxtaposition of angle between collar of the jacket and the face.

A few things I love about it. The expression which is both silly and maddening. The way the darkened background presents the event and action in a dramatic, performance like way. Tzhe abstracted hand pointed as if ready to stab like a knife.

It is the visual manifastion of bundy, candid, to a level that I feel very few photos of that nature can match.
>>
>>2954968
>Does the subject carry so much weight that it doesnt matter?
>that it doesn't matter
What are you implying doesn't matter?
>>
>>2955262
This.

Also, great rule of thirds, solid dof, good exposure.
All photos change according to to subject matter.
>>
>>2955281
It would be interesting to see the original neg
>>
>>2954968
cheap shot glorifying the worst of society.

It's just taking photos of homeless people cranked up to 11, and any artistic merit is removed because the subject on it's own has incredibly strong emotional connections.

cheap, nasty, exploitative photography at it's worst.

It's also a bit of a technical travesty, the image has clearly been cropped in heavily, and they're in a court room with flattish light, yet everything be contrasty as fuck. insta-art trash.
>>
>>2955480

That's cute. You're in the "if i can figure out what they did to a photo it's bad" phase of your development.
>>
>>2955502
>also
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.