[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adobe fotoshop & literoom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (11KB, 300x168px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
11KB, 300x168px
Which do you use and why? What does the program you use offer that the opposing program doesn't?
>>
>>2952059
Personally I use Bridge>ACR>PS for everything
>>
LR to organize and develop across the batch > PS to touch up > LR to manage versions via virtual copies, resize and output
>>
>>2952059
i use both. lightroom is excellent for organising, tagging etc, i usually do my raw editing there, recovering highlights, shadows etc, maybe some simple masking before i export it to photoshop to do some more heavy editing, while lightroom is faster and more streamlined to use, photoshop has tonnes of tools that are invaluable, like luminosity masking, color range selection, frequency separation, clone stamping out distracting objects, sometimes youll want to use a tad noise to remove banding etc. when the heavy editing is done, i save back to lightroom and add some global hsl adjustments, tone curves and split toning.
>>
I use ligthroom as my main editor, if i need to do some special shit on the raw i go from ligthroom to Photoshop and back, so i can export in Lr with the rest of the catalog (it's more easy in that way)
>>
>>2952059
Bridge for organizing, rating.
Photoshop for levels.
Lightroom is for cucks.
>>
Lightroom handles panoramas much better than Photoshop does
>>
>>2952300
How do you figure?

And what do you mean? Like, it can process them better?
>>
If you master Lightroom you'll see Ps as a tool only for layers about specific projects and imaging.
I truly spent a lot of my time trying to master Lr, and I can do almost everything in there. Even masking.
There are other softwares, but Lr still be totally useful for me when I need to edit Raws from my Fuji (it's not perfect, but it's what I got) and my Nikon.
>>
Ok, so I know I'm probably retarded for doing it this way, but please enlighten me.

When I shoot an athletic event, I have hundreds of photos to go through. I look through them using Windows Photo Viewer, and if there's a photo I want to keep and it looks to be in focus, I zoom in to 100% to make sure. Then I write down the image number and continue until I'm done.

Then I select all the images I want to keep, save to a folder, then batch edit the RAWS, and finally open them in Photoshop to crop and perform final tweaks before running the image processor and saving them as jpegs.

What's the easiest and fastest way to do this?
>>
>>2952369
Use Bridge instead of WPV to label
>>
>>2952333
Faster and easier. Plus edge warp works incredibly well and is very useful.
>>
>>2952369

you shoot sports in RAW? dude... I'm pretty sure you'd be better at mastering your JPGs for sports...

I used to shoot sports at raw, when I realized the waste of time I was doing, even my workflow and results get better.
Learn WB (grey card or K) and in camera modes like Neutral or standard. Use AdobeRGB for skin tones, them your problems are solved.
>>
if you have a billion photos to process and they all need slider adjustments LR

Photoshop has Camera RAW, which is essentially Lightroom editing without the organization function. but you can do the same in bridge. imo Lightroom is great for people who cant wrap their heads around layers
>>
>>2952369
I don't use light room, I use ACR. If it was me, I would open all of the photos in ACR, where you can do individual adjustments to each photo, or by holding ctrl, or command, or shift, you can select mulitple photos and do adjustements to many photos at the same time.

Don't waste your time on photo viewer, just look at the photos in Lightroom or ACR. You'll save yourself hours by skipping the useless steps.
>>
>>2952089
...or you could try to get it right in camera and not have to do a lot of that
>>
>>2952649
>I've never tried post-processing.
>>
>>2952664
More like

>i get angry at post processing because I don't understand it, and things that I don't understand make me frustrated
>>
>>2952649
Haha, adorable.
>>
>>2952369
Holy fuck, its incredible how stupid some of these folks are.

Open lightroom, import from card, P for approved, X for rejected, arrows to move around. (always approve or reject, never save something for later, you will not use it). left click zooms in. once you're done: Right click, remove rejected (make sure whatever you reject gets removed from the computer, not just from the catalog). there, you have your selection.

Your images will already be in a folder, organized and selected. lightroom will let you crop (non destructively) and batch edit. Also aways shoot in raw.
>>
>>2952369
>What's the easiest and fastest way to do this?

Lightroom.

Or at the very least use Faststone to cull your images (because it renders (raw) images very fast), don't use fucking Windows image viewer.
>>
>>2952781
>P for approved, X for rejected, arrows to move around.

That seems awkward as fuck.

I import everything and then:
- filter on unrated images
- open one image
- rate using keyboard numbers 1-4, which can be done one handed without moving fingers.
- next image opens automatically because of the filter
Once they're all rated I delete all my 1 star images.
>>
>>2952794
same as quoted in stupid. if you use X and P, you have the star ratings left to sort / organize your P-marked images.

imo your workflow is awkward af, what do you do with all those 2 and 3 star images? and why would a simple in/out choice be a bad choice for the first step in your workflow?
>>
>>2952797
>what do you do with all those 2 and 3 star images?

1 star: delete
2 stars: re-evaluate (will become either 1 or 3 stars on a second pass)
3 stars: keep
4 stars: my favorites

why would a simple in/out choice be a bad choice for the first step in your workflow?

It's not about the two choices.
It's about navigating to and opening each picture individually.
And also "P" and "X" are opposite on the keyboard and not next to the arrow keys, so you have to get all over the keybord.
>>
File: DSCF6367-Pano.jpg (1MB, 2000x546px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6367-Pano.jpg
1MB, 2000x546px
>>2952373
Not just faster and easier, it feels like different algorithms entirely. My panos from PS came out very distorted and there's no edge warp slider. LR makes nearly perfect panoramas effortlessly.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-Pro1
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Windows)
PhotographerDavid Yuan
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)36 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:10:22 17:54:40
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/1.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/1.0
Brightness3.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2952819
>>2952373
You guys really should be using PTgui. It does a better job than photoshop, and has manual track points that you can set as well. Many more options.

Then open that up in LR or ACR
>>
>>2952819
ms ice is easier.
>>
>>2952392
You're absolutely right. And this is how I've done my last few games. I just tweak the picture style I'm using by bumping up the contrast and sharpness and set the color temp manually.

However, for indoor sports, especially at the venues I'm shooting in, I'll probably continue to shoot RAW. The lighting is pretty bad and the color temp changes from photo to photo, so all I can do is set what I believe is an "average" color temp, then dick around with the white balance using the RAWs afterwards.
>>
>>2952300 here

>>2952835
Just downloaded ICE, the auto-completion is what's sorely missing from Lightroom.
>>
>>2952794
yeah bro, i see your point. But the time youre saving not moving your hand you waste going over the images again in a second selection.

My workflow includes a binary selection, its either yes or no.
>>
>>2952836
I also shoot sports in raw.

But then I have a D800 and with a fast card I hardly ever fill the buffer anyways.
>>
>>2952819
babby's first panorama
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.