[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help shooting on manual mode

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (2MB, 4031x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 4031x3024px
So I've stared to get into photography in the last year and a half. I've mostly taken photos on my iPhone 6s Plus (see pic it's oc with single Instagram filter) but also have a starter camera I got for about $700ish. It's a Nikon D5500. I've taken almost 1500 pictures on it and gotten some ok shots. I went the the March on the DNC this past summer and got a lot there too. My main question is, how the actual hell do I shoot on manual mode? The booklet didn't help too much and online has had mixed results. If anyone has good, solid advice, or an online link, I'd be very greatful
>>
why shoot manual? you won't be anymore pro.
>>
>>2951199
You are an amateur, you don't need manual mode yet.

The only advantage of shooting manual is to have the same results for every shot if you work in a series. I doubt that you or most other prosumer guys on /p/ do that. Look at most threads on here or any other place, people shoot single pictures and your camera is good enough to handle stuff itself in aperture control so you can focus on taking pictures or focus on not editing your sky green.
>>
>>2951199
Learn stops and the exposure triangle.

Prioritise your photo taking, do you need motion blur/bokeh/deep dof/freeze motion/is fine detail important. Set the settings that give you what you want and fit the rest round them.

And serious suggestion, sell the nikon, get a sony. An EVF is MUCH easier to learn manual on as it gives a wysiwyg preview. Also, the smaller body will encourage you to take it more places.
>>
Manual isn't that important. Learning composition is much more important.
I spent months learning how to shoot manual, but I just use aperture priority because it's not a pain in the ass.
>>
The only time I ever shoot manual is in a situation where the light is not going to change over the course of an event, like shooting indoors under arena lights for a basketball or hockey game.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.