[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First shoot ever tomorrow...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Promo1.jpg (99KB, 960x638px) Image search: [Google]
Promo1.jpg
99KB, 960x638px
A friend contacted me and wanted me to shoot some pictures of his band for him. I've never done a shoot before and have no idea what to expect. Their style is hipster indie type music. What should I go for in the photos and how many should I shoot? What else should I be aware of?
>>
Find a place with good even lighting. Expose for the faces. Shooting groups sucks.
>>
Take time with your shots. Take lots of shots, but make sure you're putting thought into each one. Don't take 800 shots and only choose the best 200. That's my advice.
>>
>we white and we defeated lmao
>we scum heh

whos the culprit for all this bullshit, kurt cobain right?
>>
>>2951064
Pretty much what we have planned is I'm going to shoot them playing first. After that we're going to go to a local park with really nice fall colors and a beautiful lake.
>>
>>2951067
Buy 5 cartons of piss have a few billys then use a p&s film camera. No effort needed and indie hipsters love lomo lo fi pictures of themselves drunk/high.
>>
>>2951066
What?
>>2951063
OP don't sweat it too much, local band photos aren't that big of a deal.
Are you getting paid? If so get them 30 good shots
Are you doing this for free? Give them 15 shots and tell them you did this just to be courteous but that you're above working for free. Like >>2951092 said, a handful of auto exposed film rolls would be enough to satisfy their Lo-fi tastes.
>>
>>2951063
tell the chick that hiding her face wont make her thunder thighs any thinner
>>
>>2951125
Those aren't thunder thighs m8, those are perfect birthing hips.
That won't change her face or shitty tattoos tho.
>>
>>2951067
Unless you're on a tight schedule, or they plan to shower after playing, do the park first. I don't know how physically they get into their music, but they might work up a sweat. Also with the outdoor shoot, you're less in control of the light compared to their practice space.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.