[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Zorki-4 shutter doesn't close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: PA210083.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
PA210083.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
Hi /p/. Around a month ago I enlisted your help on fixing a stuck lens on a Zorki-4. Now I need your advice again. The problem is that the camera's shutter does not close all the way most of the time, which causes the left side of the frame to burn completely. See the vid related. Has anyone here dealt with this problem? I'm not that mechanically gifted, should I rather just recock shutter immediately or cap the lens and live with it, or attempt to fix it? I found a guide on how to fix a lazy shutter on a Fed and apparently there are some screws which adjust spring tension and such, but I have no idea where those are on a Zorki and how to properly adjust them. Advice greatly appreciated.
>>
Just buy a new one, they're like $15.
>>
>>2950535
Unfortunately all my available money is tied to other acquisitions at the moment, and it's not like I intend to make this my main system, just a little something to fool around for a breath of fresh air. I got it from a coursemate for free after all. Also I'm not really tempted to buy "new" Soviet gear because a new one might have this same problem after two rolls.

t.mint-condition Zenit broke on the second shootout
>>
>>2950538
>using words such as "acquisitions" when you can't even afford a handle of cheap gin.

>thinking a 70 year old piece of equipment is likely to break on it's next use.

Fuck off you povvo millenial faggot.
>>
>>2950557
English isn't my first language so I'm sorry if I sound snobbish or whatever, although I might point out that your second reply is unhelpful garbage you could have just kept to yourself. This is a camera I got for free and I think it would be nicer to have it in actually useful condition instead of it just sitting on the bookshelf looking classy. Also I'd like to point out that in my area a Zorki-4 body costs in excess of 50€ when considering the postage, which is more than what I'd pay for a camera I'm most likely not going to use very often, especially considering the chances of having to deal with a dud again.
>>
These screws are on the bottom of the shutter mechanism. remove the bottom plate and you might already see them. Zorki 5 has some plastic plate above the screws, but I don't know if Zorki 4 have that too. Within these screws you see a slit, use a small screwdriver to loosen that screw and turn the outer screw (with 4 notches) in quarters. tighten the center part and recheck tension.
>>
>>2950589
Thanks, I tried to follow some advice I found that the screw closer to the lens mount should be tightened a turn at a time counterclockwise, I went as far as three turns but this did not affect the shutter. It still does not close completely at the end of the 2nd curtain's travel.
>>
the shutter blinds are secured by 4 tapes around sprung loaded capstans primed by your cocking the shutter with the wind on lever. These tapes get stretched after numerous shutter fires and sometimes one or two may break. The repair is a strip down and a new set of blinds and a new set of srpings as a matter of course. Not economical to repair and a nightmare if you try and do it yourself. See if the problem occurs at all speeds or just the slower speeds. If only on the slower speed just use higher - 250/500 etc. Regards.
>>
>>2951355
Thanks. Oh well, I decided to the 1 second speed and the entire thing jammed wide open now. First curtain traveled across like it should but the second didn't move at all. I guess it's time to call it RIP. At least I got the lens all fixed and the optics are clean, so maybe I can get some hipster to pay good money for it to get something for my troubles. Don't really have any use for an M39 myself.
>>
File: 1469713166639.jpg (121KB, 337x450px) Image search: [Google]
1469713166639.jpg
121KB, 337x450px
>>2951355
Forgot like half of my post...yes, the problem persists at every shutter speed including bulb. 1sec jams the shutter, although cocking releases it. I tried to open it up to the shutter mechanism to see if there was dirt on the gears or something, but I couldn't remove the front cover, it feels like it's glued to the rest of the frame.

Anyway, I've given up on this thing. It just isn't worth any more trouble. Thanks for the advice anons.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.