[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to Bruce Gilden?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

What is the best way to take quick and close flash pics with a digital/mirrorles camera.
Best config? and focus settings?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 3.5 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:08:26 15:37:41
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating500
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance5.04 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length35.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2949723
>with a digital/mirrorles camera.

cucked.

also why dont you email nicolas?
>>
>trying to emulate gilden
>digital
>flash
>focus settings?
lmao at your life.
>>
>>2949733
>digital/mirrorle
reflexxxx
>>
>>2949738
>reflexxxx

lmoaing @ u eternally.

look, want some no-nonsense advice? get a cheap film camera with free focus and auto flash. load it with 400asa bw film. enjoy life.
>>
>>2949723

by the way thanks for posting that specific serie anon, now i know from where to ape a solid and convincing theoretical framework for my own work. you are a godsend.
>>
>>2949744
s e n p a i p l s . Step the fuck up.
Your opinion is as shit as your shitty cliched street photography.
>>
>>2949771

im well above you in all imaginable ways, fucking faget.
>>
>>2949772
fite me with your point and shit camera m8, I'll bash your box in with my GX680
>>
>>2949778

the p&s is for OP so he can learn spontaneity, a think you literally cant do with your xbox hueg tv camera.
>>
buy Leica M6
buy 28mm Elmarit
buy some black and white film
buy a flash (thrystor) and a flash cable
put everything together
set shutter speed on syncro time (1/50)
set lens aperture at f/11-16
set minimal focus at choosen aperture
frame and shoot
>>
>>2950013
>frame
>gilden

lmaoooooooo
>>
>>2950018
Cohen doesn't frame actively, Gilden does.
>>
File: 160711_0017.jpg (180KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
160711_0017.jpg
180KB, 800x533px
All you really gotta do is just shoot a fucking lot, like snap literally everything on your way. If you look closely on videos of Gilden working, there's a lot of misses, i.e. flash not hitting at the right moment at the right time, some of his shots are missing focus, etc. But every once and a while everything works as it supposed to and his best shots are made. So if you ai at replicating that (which is pointless, imo), just go out and shoot the fuck out of people

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
>>
Get a leica and a photographers vest. Take pictures of people on busy streets with a flash on right in their face. Talk loud and make a scene if they say something to you until they walk away.
>>
>>2950172
Yeah I think Gilden composes really well. With Cohen you can see it's super composed by cropping.
>>
>>2949723
Bruce Gilden almost always shot with an off camera flash, he would hold the flash in one hand and fire with the other, constantly juggling between tasks.
There's a video somewhere on YouTube for a docu he was in that shows his work flow
Shoot in some custom program since you'll be using a flash, modify to back button auto focus if you want, use wide lenses that let you get ass fucking close.
>>
>>2949733
>>2949738
>>2949740
Gilden currently uses a digital mirrorless Leica, get fucked
>>
>>2950238
>Gilden currently

Martin Parr currently uses a 5D Mark something and guess what: EVERYTHING HE DOES NOW IS HOT GARBAGE
>>
File: image.jpg (71KB, 650x523px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
71KB, 650x523px
>>2950374
Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens
>>
>>2950527

that shit is cool though. his other new social event shit is all trash, its like he forgot how to compose.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.