[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

8x10 on interneg film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 10

File: bridge_itn.jpg (443KB, 801x1000px) Image search: [Google]
bridge_itn.jpg
443KB, 801x1000px
Posting some stuff from a walk around new york on sunday. Shot my 8x10 loaded with expired Fuji Internegative film, rated at ISO 1.5. I was able to do 8 second exposures in full sun, and got some great motion blur. Still scanning and editing but overall, pretty stoked.

This was 2 minutes at F/11, just after the sun went below the skyline in Manhattan.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution1200 dpi
Vertical Resolution1200 dpi
Image Created2016:10:18 17:21:57
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width801
Image Height1000
>>
File: wallITN.jpg (981KB, 801x1000px) Image search: [Google]
wallITN.jpg
981KB, 801x1000px
This wall was covered for 40 years by a granite facade and when they removed it to renovate, they exposed graffiti from 1976. South Street, tip of Manhattan.

Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Created2016:10:18 17:17:18
Image Width801
Image Height1000
>>
>>2948813

thats cool as fuck. great stuff.
>>
File: bridge 2.jpg (409KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
bridge 2.jpg
409KB, 1000x800px
>>2948822
thanks! It's really hard to color balance and I'm on a laptop but I'm super excited. I think I underexposed this and the V700 did a hail mary to recover what it could. The motion blur on people is what attracted me to it.

Image Created2016:10:18 17:58:11
Image Width1000
Image Height800
>>
File: BULLitn.jpg (523KB, 1000x801px) Image search: [Google]
BULLitn.jpg
523KB, 1000x801px
Least successful of the bunch, I didn't realize how much idiot tourists just stood there. Still, the horns peeking out has me liking this shot too. One more scanning now, of the Vietnam memorial on Water Street. I shot two of the wall but the other one isn't as cool and it has like a dozen swastikas I didn't see. Good to know one of /pol/s parents stopped by there.

Image Created2016:10:18 17:48:14
Image Width1000
Image Height801
>>
I like your shots Op, shame the girl in blue pants >>2948830 didn't move just a tiny bit more - image would've been just about perfect then
>>
>>2948840
Welcome to every photographic opportunity in New York City, Anon.
>>
File: VIETNAM_itn.jpg (500KB, 1000x797px) Image search: [Google]
VIETNAM_itn.jpg
500KB, 1000x797px
8x10 always really blows me away with resolving power, and this low ISO film really displays that. I can read the whole script engraved on the glass with a loupe. I think I'll print this one first one I have it dusted and color correct, 16x20 it will look cool, the devil is in the detail for this one. There are broken cubes, the caution tape, the memorial wreath off center, it just really speaks to me about the status of our veterans today.

Alright thats what you guys get today.

Horizontal Resolution2400 dpi
Vertical Resolution2400 dpi
Image Created2016:10:18 18:27:38
Image Width1000
Image Height797
>>
This is cool stuff OP, the memorial will look amazing printed big.

How are you calculating reciprocity? Does the film need reciprocity adjustments?
>>
>>2948860
I think it was originally an ISO of 6 when used in the darkroom as true interneg, but I shot some tests in college at ISO 3 and it looked great and that was 2 years ago so I dropped it another stop and then just added 2 seconds to anything 16 seconds and below and 10 seconds above 30 seconds and 30 seconds over two minutes. So my 2 minute exposure was actually like f/11.3 at 1 minute 30 seconds and I just warped it to that. With scanning, I can be a bit liberal.
>>
Oh yeah if anyone is interested, these were all on a Deardorff 8x10 with a Turner Reich triple convertible 12inch lens. That lens is nearly 100 years old or more and performs spectacularly as far as I've seen with both b+w and color. Shooting some Xray film soon too, its just a pain in the ass to process.
>>
>>2948811
>8x10 colour
Jesus Christ, what do you have, a real adult-job or something? How the fuck can you afford to shoot that thing and pay for the development?
>>
>>2948908
I bought 150 sheets of interneg about 2 years ago for $30 and the processing for the six sheets was $45 so I guess it was about $8 a shot? I find shooting, especially LF, very therapeutic and calming. And yeah, I work full time as a first assistant to another photographer so I have a steady paycheck.
>>
pretty boring imo

and i say this as a deadpan/new topo photographer who shoots exclusively boring shit
>>
>>2948868
I have a roll of '95 expiry 35mm IT-N that I rate at 1.5 too.
Something you should know about it is that it has that weird UV spectrum sensitivity thing that Leica M8's had, where certain synthetic fabrics will appear purple rather than black.
>>
>>2949135
thats interesting. Its really hard to color balance this, I'm on an eizo now and curves is just fuckin dying.

>>2948957
aite.
>>
is that you stephen shore?
>>
>>2948826
Love this one. I'm surprised people weren't surrounding you constantly, asking what you were doing in the street with a big box on legs.
>>
File: 8X10 NYC.jpg (514KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
8X10 NYC.jpg
514KB, 1000x750px
>>2949299
Had not seen his stuff before, thats pretty cool, thanks.

>>2949313
The cops park these little meter maid cars up there and bust people smoking weed or putting locks on the bridge and stash the stuff inside the trunk of these things, so I wasn't impeding traffic. A few people would stop but the Brooklyn bridge is like trench warfare trying to cross, dickheads on citibikes who dont dismount and people stopping everywhere so its a very new york experience getting shoved and jostled around. I will say I've assisted on productions on the walkway and the permits to put sticks down are impossible to get and expensive and theres COIs and shit, so I just got lucky.

Image Width2016
Image Height1512
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:10:19 12:05:58
Image Width1000
Image Height750
>>
>>2948943
Where did you buy it for 30$? Was this a personal deal? I've never investigated interneg film. Currently I shoot x-ray on my 4x5, and I've gotten somewhat accustomed to cutting my own 4x5 material down. Would be fun to make colour more affordable.
>>
File: TRASH.jpg (458KB, 805x1000px) Image search: [Google]
TRASH.jpg
458KB, 805x1000px
>>2949497
yeah it was craigslist or something in LA. I went to Brooks (aka toilet paper diploma) and interned in LA so I was on CL a lot swooping stuff. I also shoot Xray, I posted some stuff last year on here from shooting portraits on xray with a ringflash.

I use Fuji HRT Green or Double green or whatever. I have stainless dip n dunk and use dektol diluted 50% for 12 minutes with a lift at 3, 6, and 10 minutes. It's been a long time since I shot any 810 though, this was my first non Impossible project 810 stuff since 2014.

Also, just found this, from 2014, the interneg with skin tones. Pretty sure it was also run in C41, ISO metered at 6 though, and a bitube head at full power 2400ws through a 5ft chimera octa really close, f/16 if I recall. This probably gave him cancer and I'm sure this image is gonna give all of you cancer.

PhotographerRobert "Grant" Flanagan
Image Width1207
Image Height1500
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:10:19 20:47:32
Image Width805
Image Height1000
>>
File: IMG_1187.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1187.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>2949634
Good to know. I guess it was a specific deal. I'd love to shoot colour more than anything.

My x-ray's are garbage. Lots of blotches, thanks to improper development in my Jobo tank. Fucked that hard. Damn thing doesn't flush liquid into the tank immediately. Needs a good shake. Makes for uneven development a la pic related.

Are dip and dunk setups more reliable in terms of results? That would involve standing development wait-times, right?

Just landed myself a pity Canham DLC (900$ for camera, camera bag, linhof board adapter) and I would like to up my game. Serious exposure journal, tedious post-dev analysis, meticulous attention to use of hardware.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 4S
Camera Software7.1.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:10:18 16:32:02
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating64
Lens Aperturef/2.4
Brightness2.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Auto
Focal Length4.28 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2949648
You can agitate pretty continuously, which if done improperly made my negs look similar to yours (full strength dektol for 5.5 minutes since agitation hurries development) which would be similar to the Jobo rotary. Also, the Xray I use has emulsion on both sides, and if you use an Expert tank, it wont develop right. Catlabs has a three sheet reel thing that allows you to do it in a 25XX tank, haven't used it but it potentially scratches the sheets so I'm leery. Since its ortho, you can also do them in trays under redlight, and I understand putting a piece of glass in the bottom to fill the tray bottom and prevents scratching (somehow. I don't get that logic but whatever, people say it works).

This shot shows the issue with too much agitation, from the sides you see the small areas where the chemicals actually flow through the holes in the hanger. To prevent this I cut the developer strength in half and doubled the length of development.
>>
File: 43188c1d00e431d7-0041.jpg (511KB, 1208x1500px) Image search: [Google]
43188c1d00e431d7-0041.jpg
511KB, 1208x1500px
>>2949658
bad development with hangers
>>
File: jack.jpg (350KB, 797x1000px) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
350KB, 797x1000px
>>2949662
And good development with more standing. Also, just from my point of view, I was probably the worst person in "consistency". My chemicals were mixed with tap water, mixed in paint buckets, probably shook up too much or too little. I made negatives that were scannable and happy with that. I don't conventionally print so I don't need a beautiful negative. I shoot LF for the thoughtfulness I have during the actual shooting, my process medium always include digitalization.

PhotographerRobert "Grant" Flanagan
Image Width1195
Image Height1500
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:10:19 21:27:39
Image Width797
Image Height1000
>>
>>2949658
Hm, I appreciate this information. Maybe standing development is the way to go for me. I use a shared dark room, and so usually I'm in a rush. Perhaps I should cherish that time a little more. Thanks!
>>
>>2949674
I also used to presoak to swell the film and stopped that too, so the film base is less susceptible to the first wave of developer when I first stick my film into the container.
>>
>>2949676
Oh, shit. That's exactly what I've been doing.

I'm not at work tomorrow, so I'm going to hit up the darkroom after my doctor's appointment. I'll post some stuff here once I get an opportunity to scan.

Currently scanning is my serious bottleneck. I have no ability to scan. I've sat on stacks of developed negatives for months because I have no equipment for scanning. My darkroom community only has an Epson V600. This exposure journal I've been keeping amounts to nothing when I can't carefully consider my results.
>>
>>2949684
Yeah I use a v700 with the 8x10 thing taped down. I've found the best thing to do is wipe the glass down with an anti static cloth and hit it with compressed air then immediately put the negative emulsion down. I've never gotten newton rings with this method.
>>
>>2949694
Shit, did you buy it new? Those things are pricey.
>>
>>2949702
yeah worth it though and I bought it after christmas before new year and got that discount and tax write off. I write literally everything I can off. any food or coffee between 830am-730am most days of the week, film, gear, shoes, I'm a fanatic about that shit.

Also, you could scan and stitch it, do a 5x2.5inch scan of both sides and comp it in photoshop.
>>
>>2950384
The problem is that I only have access to a v600, which doesn't have enough backlighting.

What do you mean in writing things off in taxes? I live in Canada, so I don't know if that applies here.
>>
>>2950976
home based business tax deductions, just googled it. basically until you incorporate, you can write off gear and other expenses in your taxes as work related purchases. talk to an accountant, preferably one with other artistic clients.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.