[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: stock-photo-178141531.jpg (124KB, 665x1000px) Image search: [Google]
stock-photo-178141531.jpg
124KB, 665x1000px
Newfag here. Like.. new. Very new. Hi!

It says I should expect to be judged harshly so come on please, I'm ready.

This shot has been taken during a training session with a friend, a beginner model. No expectation whatsoever, as she needed to be..."broken" on the self confidence level.

Still much work to do, hence the name of the picture: Shy

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width998
Image Height1500
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:10:18 02:05:56
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width665
Image Height1000
>>
>>2948285

get out from here, we don't need your well done bw portrait meme.

pretty nice actually. But don't expect much from this board.
>>
>>2948292
hehe I'm 15 years late to the party and pretty much knew 4chan from when its best or its worst come up on other platforms
However, I discovered /p/ tonight and am happily surprised to see people answer newbie questions, share advice and critiques... That's a community in its own way!
Thank for the feedback
>>
>>2948285
I get that she is shy, which is perfectly fine, especially since she is new. But the way she has crinkled that shirt and puffed it up in the chest area doesn't look good to me. Also her covering up her chin is kind of distracting.

Also whatever you did to the lighting on her face in post doesn't look very good to me.

Otherwise, great work anon. And don't be intimidated by this board. Most users on here are fucking losers who are just jealous and angry they suck so much. But occasionally you'll get a good critique or have a nice conversation.
>>
>>2948300
yeah I guess I've blown up the light on her face in a desperate attempt to alleviate the distraction from the hand/chin and went too far. It's also a first go at b&w. I'm usually more a color guy.

Thanks for the feedback and warning. I'm alright with shitposters, I can actually feel their pain and empathize. Cute little things...
>>
>>2948308
Given your reason for the light I think it works then. Did you maybe soften up her face with clarity or brush tool as well?? Because I think you lose a lot of definition in her face. I just think you need some contrast between the shirt and her cheek.
>>
>>2948310
Nah I never touch the clarity slider.
And you're totally right about the lack of details on her face. Once processed in photoshop, there was still enough detail and I was just about to output the jpg in LR but did to put a final (blunt) touch of light on her face, this is where I lost the definition.
Lesson learned, I'll make sure to improve my workflow to avoid this kind of regression. Nasty hasty last minute changes...
>>
>>2948310
Thank you
>>
File: IMG_2886.jpg (44KB, 323x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2886.jpg
44KB, 323x480px
>>2948285
Either needs to cover more of her face so the eyes become more pronounce or a different gesture so that her entire face and even neck CNN be seen and enjoyed. Pic somewhat related

Image Width323
Image Height480
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: IMG_2887.jpg (41KB, 383x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2887.jpg
41KB, 383x500px
>>2948323
And here is obscure

Image Width383
Image Height500
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2948285
This actually a really charming pic OP. Just a touch heavy on the on the crushed blacks but still a great photo overall.

The covered chin pose is fine and what actually makes the photo charming. Also, the crinkling of the shirt is acceptable too - I mean that's what clothes do.

Any more from this series?
>>
File: 2016-09-21 Lea rock-456-Edit.jpg (311KB, 666x1000px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-21 Lea rock-456-Edit.jpg
311KB, 666x1000px
>>2948471
I'm still considering if there are any other pic from the series worth editing.

Here's another picture of her in a different setup, where she looks much more confident.

And quite a few more on https://www.instagram.com/stephane.michaux.photo/

Thanks anon
>>
>>2948514

i dont think she has the body for a shot styled like that. not that theres something wrong with that deliciously thin but well formed body, but a different style could suit her better, lke cocaine chic, or something 70s ala twiggy.
>>
>>2948285
>Newfag here. Like.. new. Very new. Hi!

This thing where you overly act out your post with forced mannerisms, drop those and no one would be able to tell you've never been here before.

>>2948285
This is a nice shot, well done.

>>2948562
I agree with this guy,
>>
Hello, newfag, I'm a newfag too, but even too shy to create a thread...

I just bought a Sony NEX-7 w/ the crappy E18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS kit lens for $250 total. I know the camera body is very decent (and maybe even too complex) for a noob, but I'm going to start researching more what new lenses to get.
>>
>>2948285
There are Instagram pages with photos like these who have 50k followers just sayin
>>
>>2948614
That literally means nothing. Have you seen the shit some of these bigger accounts post? Not saying this photo is bad, but amount of followers means nothing at all.
>>
>>2948589
I'm not kidding lol, I'm still learning the way to use the features here. And.. thanks!

>>2948614
This is the drama of my life atm. Photographs are maybe 30% of the success in photography. I need to marry a marketing and sales priestess.

>>2948601
hey brother newfag. If you want an advice, don't worry too much about the gear. If the camera's too complex, that's good since you'll have ample occasion to learn from it. Listen to your heart and go shoot, no matter what camera you're using.
>>
>>2948514
Your OP pic looks completely out of character compared to everything else you've shot and is the only photo of yours that I enjoy.

wew
>>
>>2949814
I'm glad there's at least one! This is actually the first b&w I do edit. Thanks for visiting!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.