[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sonx & Pentay

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 8

File: freaked-out-cat.jpg (15KB, 600x339px) Image search: [Google]
freaked-out-cat.jpg
15KB, 600x339px
Hey /p/enors,

I got a funny information by accident: A friend's friend I met work at a social media marketing agency, and he admitted that they place content by offer also on 4chan and 9gag and reddit and so on. For example they are paid by the military service to place content on 9gag. Stuff like "touching" thank-you-for-your-service stories or pictures of cool tanks and shit. In fact they themselves again use a service offered by the website's marketing departments which - in this case - makes it obsolete to get bumped to get on the first page (or however it works there).

When I asked him which companies pay them and for which they place content on the chan, I lol'd quite hard when he mentioned Sony (for cameras) and Pentax.

He also told me that especially for Sony they have been told to seed information in a more sophisticated way. Like e.g. working with negative propaganda. Saying "you don't need a sony to make good pictures" or something like that is seen as even more efficient than just dropping positive statements about the brand. Also they are paid by freuquency of mentioned names of their products, like a6000 and stuff (where's my cash Sony??).

Well, I found this explains a lot. And I'm looking forward to read the damage control. (Pro-tip for the shillers: best is to ignore the thread.)
>>
You're going to have provid at least a little evidence, fuji-shill-senpai.
>>
>>2947959
aha, evidence. ... like for example in the current /vid/-thread sony products are mentioned >70 times while BM products 5 times and Lumix prods 16 times?

Or do you mean a hidden recording of the talk I had with that dude and I made just for the case ...

that's great damage control: hurr where's the evidence. .. for something this obvious.
>>
>>2947945
Funny, i spoke to a marketing agency and they said fuji pay them lots of money to whine like little bitches whenever they get compared to sony and to talk about their "emotional connection" to their camera as opposed to comparing specs.
>>
>>2947960
>hurrr market leader is most mentioned brand. Why are they not talking about these overpriced niche cameras.
>>
>>2947959
>>2947963
>>2947965
there we go ...
>>
>>2947966
found the canon-shill!
>>
File: 1471900288659.jpg (182KB, 1247x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1471900288659.jpg
182KB, 1247x1280px
Oh boy, another tasty >>>/dpreview/ brand circlejerk thread.
>>
JFYI: the current principle of damage-control is called 'overload'. by throwing around other names and blaming randomly everybody for the same thing, it is tried to diatract a receiver of the original information from the actual topic and to let him lose overview so that he will most likely just drop the spaghetti.

look in politics. old method is old.
>>
>>2947973
The sony argument stays on message, better photos through better equipment. It's kinda hard to argue against, you can't exactly turn around and claim inferior equipment would take a better raw photo.
>>
Hey Sony, if you're watching, I hate EVF. We're all going to be blind in 40 years from staring at screens all day, can we get some OVF options? Until then, I'm never buying your crap.
>>
>>2947974
funny, I did not even say a single word about quality. I just said they use social media marketing. here.
>>
/p/ - my camera is better than your camera even though I never use it to take photos
>>
>>2947963
>talk about their "emotional connection" to their camera as opposed to comparing specs

yes because an artist would be more into the technical capabilities of their devices than how they can use it to express themselves

why does photography draw the most people with actual autism?
>>
>>2947979
that's not even remotely the topic. you're just trying to distract. bad job tho.
>>
>>2947982
>that's not even remotely the topic

Yeah because this hasn't totally devolved into a thinly veiled sony vs the world thread
>>
>>2947977
You didn't mention quality, you mentioned scattergun tactics, i just let you know that's not been sonys method, because the product sells itself, because its technically superior.

If you had to choose between 2 cars, ones faster, more comfortable with more features and more economical than the other, which one do you choose? Oh and ones a great example of modern design, the other took inspiration from the pt cruiser.

>>2947981
Yes, an artist would prefer to use the best tool for the job. Hence why they use artist quality paint instead of reeves school art supply stuff, which they undoubtedly will have a greater emotional connection to as it would be something they used as a child.
>>
>>2947986
are you paid to post stuff like this here or do you do it for free
>>
>>2947984
just if you try to force it to devolve into something like this.

but the actual topuc is still the realization that a platform like this is used by professional marketing agents to influence the consumer's view towards a specific brand. and this happening. here. now. and one should consider this.
>>
>>2947988
Good on them, i wouldn't have looked past canikon if someone on here didn't open me up to the benefits of sony and mirrorless.
>>
>>2947986
well, I provided you what I was told from somebody who earns his money with excactly this method. and I tend to believe him way more than you.

maybe you already felt for the propaganda? are you a little fan? hm? do you believe what you're saying because you can identify so much with the product and the way it is seen? .. are you in the end compensation your inferitor complex by buying "superior technology"??

or are you just part of the earning-chain? .. we'll never know ..
>>
>>2947991
that's okay, why not.

but keep in mind that you also paid for getting brainwashed (aka "informed") by buying the product. so you finance your own-brain fuckery. .. okay.
>>
>>2947995
Rich people use personal shoppers to look good, hows this any different.

>>2947994
En anglais sil vous plait.

Inferitor complex sounds like an 80s cartoon villains base.
>>
>>2947999
yeah, I have nothing against sub lima marketing. It's okay for you to let make the decision for what you buy by others .. even the selling company itself.

just be aware of it!
>>
>>2947974
You'd be surprised how well something stays on message when you refuse to address an issue.

Here's one. Why can't you map a key to disable the viewfinder/EVF without going into the menu? Why are display preferences limited between viewfinder and LCD? Why was the uncompressed raw update limited only to specific cameras.

Waiting for your "discontinued" response.
>>2947979
My camera is better than your camera. My camera's zenit.
>>
>Makes shitpost about Sony and Pentax to protect canikon circle jerk
Ffffuck off OP you lying dumb piece of shit.
/p/ is literally one of the slowest photography communities online, these brands would be shilling up flickr, Facebook groups, subreddits, dpreview, so much more shit before they would shill here, a board that's almost the slowest fucking board on 4chan.
You look at the catalog right? You do notice how less than 10 threads are ever bumped in a given day right?
This board is slow as shit, we're next to invisible to any fucking brand.
Start shitposting when they just buy adspace on the board
>>
>>2948002
oh dude ... don't be so naive.

ofc they do it simply everywhere. and every place counts. these agents take care of several places simultanously. and the main selling argument is to spread it as broad as possible.

... ofc it is not like they would just earn money with /p/ you nuthead.
>>
>>2948001
>why can't you map a key for this one specific function
You can on the a6500, whose menu system is getting rolled out across the sony range

>why did they not have uncompressed raw retrospectively added to discontinued products

Because raws are hardware encoded, if you can't force your hardware to do x, you don't have many choices.

>>2948003
Don't be so paranoid. Sony are very open with their shilling, that's what the sony artisan program is.
>>
>>2948003
Fuck off you lying piece of shit, no brands are shilling here.
This board was so much better before these dumb fucking vague CTR posts showed up accusing every brand of shilling.
Everything is a conspiracy to you dipshits
>>
>>2948005
you must be one kind of a sheep to think in the meanwhile standard marketing processes are a 'conspiracy'.
>>
>>2948004
sure, I know they know that one know. I just wanted to share the story that it is happening here without doubt.

actually I thought someone would ask something because I have more .. but damage control. damage control everywhere.
>>
>>2948006
Sony literally doesnt offer actual customer service because of how stingy they are, I doubt they're shilling here.
I didn't say shilling doesn't exist, I said it isn't happening here, the most insignificant of photography discussion hubs.
The only shills we ever get here are foreigners promoting their product on Amazon and butchering their text with google translate.
>>
>>2948009
nah, for an agency it is not a problem to also include 4chan in their dissemination. and one shouldn't underestimate the power of omni-present contact with an information. and this is what they need agencies for. since ever btw.
>>
Name a corporation/agency/group/jewish sect that has targeted /p/. Give me a name.

Pretty good troll though, cuts right through the shit.
>>
>>2948016
>4chan
>in the top 500 of world's largest websites
>more than 50mio UVpa
>sharp categories of interests
>anonymous posting
noooooo, nobody will use this for sub lima marketing. that's absurd.
>>
File: f02.png (114KB, 680x439px)
f02.png
114KB, 680x439px
>>2948021
>>
>>2947976
Science has demonstrated that staring at screens a lot strengthens your eyes.
>>
>>2947945
> Fake bullshit and anti-Sony provocation
Why does this happen everyday? Fucking shills.

One day the AF on Sony cameras doesn't work, the other day it's too big, the next day there are too few lenses, the next day there is a HUGE issue with RAWs being uncompressed, then the battery is too small for everyone, and so on and so forth.

Every. Fucking. Day.

If anything, someone like OP is probably astroturfing or trolling *against* Sony because of either money or because he is stuck on his crappy camera system or just bored as fuck and trolling...
>>
>>2948086
Or get this... maybe, just maybe... the things being said about Sony being shit are mostly true. Crazy right!?
>>
>>2948091
Nah, it's just people spreading contrived FUD nonsense, jealousy and trying to pick a fight in general.

There is no particular substance to it, the recent Sony cameras are better than what most people here use anyhow.
>>
Y'ALL POSTING IN A TROLL THREAD etc...
>>
>>2948091
>the things being said about Sony being shit are mostly true

Name one thing.

Best sensor, best body (ibis, your comment is moot), most customizable, best lenses.

Yep, really sucks.

If your argument is "you can't assign this one obscure function to a custom button" when compared to other companies downfalls, you can't even go under 200 iso on fuji, nor do you get ibis from canikon or fuji, nor do you get sensors as good as the one in the a7rii and a7sii, nor do you get needlessly gimped cameras, nor can you use your smart device as a liveview remote straight out of the box.

Those are genuine shortfalls that should have been addressed by now. People said "Sony have no lenses" so they set about releasing 6 or 7 a year, other companies manage 3 or 4 in a good year, half of which will be refreshes. Now Sony's lineup of native lenses is crazy good, especially when you factor in the loxia and batis ranges from zeiss and the new models voigtlander have been bringing out.
>>
>>2948023
>knowyourmeme file name
>>
>>2948021
You fucking idiot it's not in the top 500
It's global Alexa rank is over 100,000
In contrast the Reddit Alexa rank is 26 and the dpreview Alexa rank is just over 1000
Dpreview has 10x a greater global Alexa rank than ALL of 4chan
That's how insignificant /p/ is to advertising
>>
File: 2016-10-18 00.21.57.png (123KB, 993x994px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-18 00.21.57.png
123KB, 993x994px
>>2948154
oooookaaayy ....
>>
>>2948154
>he doesn't know about the /pol/ening
>he doesn't notice the sheer amount of fucking normies coming here
You think it's just a joke when people complain about /pol/ overspill, but Hiro can't handle the traffic.
>>
Gay
>>
File: B0167125-y720px.jpg (213KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
B0167125-y720px.jpg
213KB, 1080x720px
>>2947945
[Citation Required]
No really, I don;t pay a lot of attention to /p/, but what you are saying sounds a bit bullshit to me.
I've noticed people talking up Sony, and I can imagine them paying for comment, but where are the Pentax shill threads.
People have made that assumption/accusation before, and it's always sounded like bullshit.
Lets start keeping some actual statistics on posts and their perceived shill-probability.
I'm predicting that you are maybe correct about Sony, and Canikon do their shilling through fanboyism and upgrade mentalilty, so I'm not sure we can even measure that subjectively.
But I'm doubtful that Pentax actually pay money to get mouthservice here.
But like I say; lets document it as objectively as possible for a bit and see.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera Softwaredarktable 1.4
PhotographerAndrew Wade Eglington oh-hi.info
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)157 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2016:10:22 19:02:33
Exposure Time1/400 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length105.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1080
Image Height720
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastHard
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>2947945
i still find it hard to believe pentax does ANY kind of marketing
>>
File: eco.png (359KB, 839x472px)
eco.png
359KB, 839x472px
>mfw this thread
>>
>>2948021
LOL. 4chan has OVER 28,000,000 monthly uniques. And if you haven't noticed, there are real advertisements being shown on 4chan now
>>
File: 1477453108713.jpg (109KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1477453108713.jpg
109KB, 500x359px
>>2947945
You cannot escape advertising. It is everywhere.

In every "neutral" piece that you read from anyone with an audience (even very small audiences), there is potential for branding. The market share of traditional banner ads has evaporated because it is so cheap now. Banner ads are the 10% surcharge -- an afterthought.

The new "marketing paradigm," in the playbook of every professional marketing agency, is "native branding" which has TAKEN OFF because of the internet. In ad speak, the brand is trying to get past your "filter" by creating content that mimics that of unbiased sources -- like comments, blogs, editorials, and news columns. Federal regulators are trying to get a hold on this practice because it can be deceiving, but you can see from the thread here, it's nearly impossible to prove that someone is engaged in this practice. But you only need to look at the cost of some of the stuff people here and elsewhere recommend (gear obsession) to realize that influencing purchasing decisions on forums and comment sections can be very lucrative. Remember, a very sizable and growing portion of advertising budget goes to native advertising, and these marketers are professionals. Their job is to sound believable, authentic, and credible.

The real truth is that it doesn't matter. The difference for the consumer between a Honda and a Toyota is minuscule, but the choice that consumer makes is worth tens of thousands of dollars to the company.

The best way to get away from advertising? Go outside and take pictures. Forget about "gear."
>>
>>2951277
Nah, if there is any company that is lacking in paid shilling here, it's Olympus.
>>
>>2947945
I think someone has been reading a little too much William Gibson.
>>
>>2954119
I agree to every aspect. And I shared the story really more fyi than with a specific target.
Because in regard to the question if it matters or not, I think the power opf influence of such marketing should not be underestimated. Sometimes I realize that my opinion was adjusted just based on what others said - or wrote. And if I then question the original motivation of such people to spread an opinion, I see that the only way of avoiding getting influenced is awareness.

There is a known story about migrants from the old UdSSR who flew into to western countries. Due to the communistic structure in their homeland they didn't know what advertising is. Therefore they took everything literally what was shown in e.g. tv spots. "XYZ is the best washing powder ever". "Okay, then .. when it's on governmental television it must ve true". They couldn't differ between advertisement and plain infirmation and had to develop awareness of what the motivation behind an information like this is.

I think today it is a little similar. Web users have to develop awareness that information is not equal information. And it is not a conspiracy theory that agencies flood the web with paid opinions. What you stated quite decently.
>>
I dunno if OP's story is true, but one of my first jobs was at an ad agency (The Cimarron Group, who went under in '13) that mostly did movie, TV, and video game stuff but also some products, and even back in '05 they were doing stuff like this heavily. They had a whole room full of people dedicated to lurking forums and shillposting. I saw them on 4chan a few times, and companies now probably come here a lot more since the site is so much bigger and more relevant than it was back then.
>>
File: 1467713194859.jpg (77KB, 365x593px) Image search: [Google]
1467713194859.jpg
77KB, 365x593px
Daily reminder.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width365
Image Height593
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2016:07:05 20:06:05
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width365
Image Height593
>>
>>2951277
>but where are the Pentax shill threads.
r u rtrd
>>
>>2956381
Guess it's too hard to illustrate Pentax users fucking their own women plus everyone else's.
>>
>>2953276
>real advertisements
>>
>>2956381
It's true. Bitches get wet over that DF. Specially if they know anything about cameras.
>>
>>2956385
It's hard to illustrate heaps of photographs of doing shit out in the world and not giving a fuck about what cretins think brand implies about sexuality.
>>
>>2948086

It is called FUD.

Fear, Uncertainty and Doubt.

Extremelly effective marketing campaigns.

I seriously doubt what OP says is true, because there is no way Sony could be actively marketing but have such a shit public image.

If they truely are, it is time to fire their PR team.
>>
>>2956439
Damn you're a touchy, cancerous cunt. NAMBLA meetings not working out for you¿
Thread posts: 64
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.