[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay idea?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: s-l1600.jpg (125KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600.jpg
125KB, 1000x1000px
Hey guys, could use some advice here.

I want to make films very very very badly, I spend most of my day educating myself on digital cinematography and cameras. Currently I do not have a very big budget, say $1500, and I do not want to spend all of my money right out the gate. However, in a few months I will have saved up around $2200 for filmmaking gear and will probably buy a second hand GH4. Until then I am considering buying a shitty canon EOS 700d for the sense of practice and learning first hand about cameras and video editing/color correction.

I would buy one for around $494 but I plan on selling it at the end of December on ebay for probably around $300 or $350, so not a huge net loss.

Is this an okay idea while I wait for more money? I know it is a shit camera but it is not the absolute worst and allot can be done with the footage in post...
>>
Second hand a7s would be a much better choice, and it will last as long as you need. What money you lose on the body, you will quicjly regain with cheaper lenses and video gear
>>
>>2945719
That is one of the cameras I am looking into buying for long term use, possibly after the EOS 700, currently a second hand A76 is out of my price range until january. To be clear, the money I am spending on a camera is my "social" money, or money for non essentials like bills and shit, I care about this allot and so I am giving up most of my social life to save for a long term camera. Currently though, the cheapest a7s I see on ebay is $1700.
>>
>>2945713
Magic Lantern
>>
>>2945713
why waste money on the 700d.
just get a panasonic g7, it's as good as a gh4 but cheaper or the newer g80/g85.
also consider a zhongyi lens turbo when you want to use vintage lens for manual focus.
>>
>>2945722
A7s go on ebay uk for between £600 and £1100 depending on condition. As you say, this will fuck your social life, a little patience wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>2945725
Could I still easily resell after installing Magic Lantern? Also how much would magic lantern do for an EOS 700d?

>>2945726
Ill check it out, thank you.
>>
>>2945730
Maybe you are right... What should I do in the meantime? I am so eager to start learning a lot about this stuff but without having it in hand the practical stuff wont get through.
>>
>>2945734
Do you know the basics of photography?
Are you fluent in the exposure triangle?
And photoshop?
Can you effectively use curves to alter an image?

An old film slr is a great place to start if you haven't done photography before, $30 will get you a body and a 50mm f1.8 lens (which will work great on an a7s when you're ready)

Not so sharp on photoshop & curves? Get raw files, process them using only curves (it's what you're mainly going to use for grading).
>>
>>2945736
I have been practicing on an old Pentax k1000 for the past few months, this is my next step.

As for photoshop I am starting to learn, and exposure triangles I will research now, curves as well!

I actually have a quick question regarding lenses, I have a 50mm lens right now for my SLR pentax, would that work on a DSLR body?

Thanks so much man!
>>
>>2945740
Your lens will work on a pentax body, or a sony body with adapter. If you want to use it on canikon you will need an adapter with a glass element for infinity focus, these look like ass.

With the exposure triangle, you want to be able to instantly convert values into stops so you know how much creative range you have to play with.
>>
>>2945747
I see, so it is sort of like a light meter for an SLR, but more advanced.
>>
Why not get a used blackmagic pocket or a new blackmsgic micro? Alot cheaper and way better than gh4. More dynamic range and better image quality
>>
>>2945713
>Buy 50mm 1.8 / 1.4 Takumar / Yashica lenses from flea market
>Adapt them to the system of your choice
>?????
>Profit for budget videography
>>
spend all of your money on lenses. better lenses with a cheap camera is better than an expensive camera with cheap lenses.

buy a rebel t2i on ebay for about $200. install magic lantern. 1080p coming out of the camera looks fine.

buy a zoom h4n on ebay for $150. nobody will watch your film if the audio is bad.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.