[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone had success with getting their photos featured on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: HCp6HDI.jpg (747KB, 1861x2792px) Image search: [Google]
HCp6HDI.jpg
747KB, 1861x2792px
Has anyone had success with getting their photos featured on IG accounts? Still trying and have had no luck. Looking for some tips and tricks, some good feature accounts on IG.

Plug:
instagram.com/simply.pat
>>
>>2945512

why
>>
>>2945512
>instagram.com/simply.pat

So listen, I feel like you are shooting what you think people want. You should try shooting what you want.

All your photos seem disconnected with no real artistic value to them. Im not saying they're snap shots but there is no substance.

Maybe you should try shooting film to get a sense of what your style is.
>>
This is very generic stuff. A photographer aspires to other photographers and you can see those homages in their work. Your work aspires to other instagram profiles by the look of it. It's very generic in framing but the content isn't exactly stellar either
>>
>>2945512
just want to let you know that most if not all shoutouts are paid for.
Email their business email.
>>
File: Forest-Girl-HD-Wallpapers.jpg (542KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Forest-Girl-HD-Wallpapers.jpg
542KB, 1920x1200px
>>2945512

Yes I have, a bunch. You have to take exciting pictures, or at least engaging pictures. Honestly your stuff is kinda bland. A stack of rocks with shallow DOF, the same Asian girl 16 times, a closeup of your dog. Nobody is reposting because honestly that kind of stuff is important to you, but not exciting to a huge audience of strangers. This doesn't mean your photography isn't good, so don't take it that way. But you have to think of it from the perspective of someone who honestly doesn't give a fuck about your personal life, so they don't care about your girlfriend. Unless she's in a crazy misty forest on an amazing dirt path with sunlight streaming through the branches (see attached). I'm not saying this picture is amazing, but it is the kind of shit that gets reposted, You get what I'm saying?

>>2945522
Fuck off, film fag.

>>2945561
Nope, this is retarded and wrong. There are paid shoutouts, but that's not the majority of it. This summer alone I've been featured by SonyAlpha, Earthofficial, Ourplanetdaily, usinterior, GlacierNPS, RockyNPS, VisitColorado and several more. None of these were paid. These were just pictures that had that obnoxious IG "zing" that makes people want to share them.

I DID have paid shoutouts on Osprey, Sierra Designs, Vasque, Oru Kayak, Zeal Optics and Lifestraw. But they paid me to post my pictures.
>>
>>2945540
>>2945561
>>2945568
>>2945522

Thanks for the criticism guys honestly helps a lot. The thing is I haven't thought about shooting seriously until recently. Previously it was a small hobby I did when I had free time from school or work.I'm still exploring styles and looks and seeing what fits well with me. The main reason I'm shooting one girl is because she's the only subject willing to shoot with me at this time. Finding models for tfp is super difficult in my area. (Shout out to the gf for helping me with my hobby). I had no idea that they were mostly paid but i guess now i know. I'm thinking I guess keep shooting and I'll find my style sooner or later. Thanks for the criticism guys honestly helps a lot!
>>
File: IMG_6050.jpg (657KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6050.jpg
657KB, 1024x768px
>>2945589
http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech.htm

im just starting out too

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS M
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution92 dpi
Vertical Resolution92 dpi
Image Created2016:10:12 03:13:49
Exposure Time1/200 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramAction
ISO Speed Rating6400
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length22.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1024
Image Height768
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2945568
How'd you go about getting the unpaid ones? Simply using hashtags or did you email?
>>
>>2945714
Learn photography first faggot.
if you post good photos they will be noticed
>>
>>2945568
>>2945715
Boy you sure are an obnoxious cunt, huh?
>>
>>2945721

For the record, I was the first long reply. I'm not sure who >>2945715 that dick is.

Unfortunately he's a little bit right. Your pics do have to be good enough to be noticed. BUT, hashtags, and tagging them in the picture is really the best way to end up on their radar. Also going to those pages and commenting and liking their pictures helps, because they notice who the engaged users are.
>>
>>2945715 #
Probably been shooting longer than you bud. Was getting photos run in magazines while I was still in HS.

>>2945781 #
Cheers for the info. I feel like I have good shots but never really engaged IG much in terms of hashtags and following pages. Been pretty stagnent at 375ish followers for quite a long time.
>>
>>2945512
So is she good in the sack?
>>
I've gotten a quite a few over my short time shooting. Tagging and hash tags are honestly the best way to put your stuff out there, but nobody will notice it if it doesn't stand out in some way. It doesn't have to be a revolutionary photo, but it's gotta be different.

Insta: sn.xw
>>
>>2945794
Lol ya that guy is a cunt.

If you're stagnant it's because you're not engaged enough. Find a hashtag that's you like (#portrait or something) and just click like on the shots you actually like. People will see you and
visit you.

>>2945832
Your stuff is nice but cut it out with those fucking phone pics. I don't get it.
>>
>>2945849
I like the phone pictures because it's like having a picture frame in the photo, it lets me out whatever I want into it and it can still look good. Looking at my recent posts though, I do see that I've done quite a few and I'm definitely going to lay back a bit on them. Thanks for the advice!
>>
>>2945794
well. if you have been shooting that long and that instagram is yours you should probably never pick up a camera again.
>>
>>2945832
>sn.xw
lol no-one actually cares about things that are unique on Instagram, your shit looks like half of the stuff you find on Instagram. Your monotony and philosophy frustrates me, please leave the premises
>>
>>2946021
I haven't even posted my ig name
>>
>>2946048
huh?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.