[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tilt and Shift photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

What is your opinion on Tilt and Shift photography (only digital). What's your tips and tricks and what is the best option for you on the market for Architectural Photography.
>>
Tips?
>Make lines parallel so designs don't look all fucked up.

If I were wanting to shoot architecture on digital, I'd get a Sony alpha mount so I could pick and choose tilt shift lenses from various mounts and adapt them. With such a limited supply of t/s lenses, being able to choose from all available ones is a huge advantage.
>>
>>2945147
any mirrorless can choose between all of them, not just a sony

people like you, clueless but ample "advice-giving" are why /p/ is a cancerous /dpreview/ now.
>>
>>2945147
You can also get ts adapters for nex. Kinda leaves every other option in the dirt.
>>
>>2945149
>for all those other full frame mirrorless bodies

So salty anon, sometimes sony is not only the best choice, but the only choice.
>>
>>2945149
Ugh, I started my whole statement with "If I were wanting to shoot architecture..." In stating that, I chose the camera series I would personally go for. Considering the question is asking about a pretty specialized niche of photography along with the required niche equipment, I assumed OP knows mirrorless cameras in general can adapt multiple mounts and not just Sony. Figured I didn't need to walk them through Digital Cameras 101...

Way to shit up a thread on the second post though.
>>
Canon's TS/E 24 is an incredible lens.

(it also fits on Canon cameras without the need for poxy overpriced adapters and battery-fucking mirrorless shit)
>>
Did you have any suggestion for a affordable architectural photography device. i don't want to have fucked up line. i can put 1500 € in it. for the moment im interested to mount a Samyang 24mm/3.5 Tilt shift e-mount on a QX1 From sony.
>>
>>2945143
For perspective correction, tilt-shift lenses are useful but no longer necessary. Software correction works well enough for all practical applications, and is far cheaper and more versatile.

For all other uses, tilt-shift is an extremely played out fad that should die quietly.
>>
File: ssxl.jpg (84KB, 1048x1333px) Image search: [Google]
ssxl.jpg
84KB, 1048x1333px
>>2945143
>(only digital)
Stay pleb-tier, loser.
>>
>>2945181
an old nex would be a better choice than a qx1, does the qx1 even have a tripod mount? it's kinda essential for architecture.

and don't forget the 24mm will be more like 35mm on crop, which isn't really wide enough for a lot of architecture, I often find myself at 12mm, even on full frame.
>>
>>2945203
stay just a loser.
>>
>>2945219
Yes the QX1 do have a Tripod Mount.

>>2945188
did you have good example of this software performance ?
>>
I'd like to see some applications of tilt shift that are not perspective correction or shallow DOF miniature faking, anyone have some nice photos?
>>
>>2945248
A lot of landscape photos done on large format utilizes tilt movements to move the plane of focus.
>>
File: nude.jpg (686KB, 1000x1435px) Image search: [Google]
nude.jpg
686KB, 1000x1435px
>>2945248
>>
>>2945255
>blurring out the best parts
>>
>>2945153
>implying you can't just adapt it to your leica
step up yo game anon-chan.
>>
>>2945255
That's pretty cool
>>2945255
best part is the face pleb

>>2945235
>did you have good example of this software performance ?
I'd like to know some perspective correcting software too, I do it in photoshop with perspective crop but it's honestly quite annoying to line things up, and it doesn't adjust the photo any other way so the result often comes out vertically squashed.
>>
>>2945235
>>2945381
Lightroom does a good job of fixing basic lines and shit with its automatic correction, but when you have really steep diagonals then it can get kind of confused and you have to adjust it manually. Sometimes, like in this super touristy shot, the auto correct fixes all the lines but the composition would be all kinds of fucked if you cropped.
>>
>>2945188
Not true at all. Tikt-shifting in the field, in -camera is the much better path to take. You run the risk of loosing important aspects of the composition (cutting off parts of the building/scene) by waiting to adjust perspective in post. This can be mitigated by shooting extra loose I suppose, but really? Also adjusting perspective affects composition, so doing so in the field allows you to get a good composition because you can see the tilt/shift as you compose. Waiting to do so until post has a high likelyhood of ruining whatever composition you tried to achieve.

Any architectural photographer worth his/her salt shoots with t/s lenses and/or on LF with movements and I know a few architects who would scoff at the idea of doing 100% perspective correction in post.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.