[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/p/ I'm going to Tokyo this Christmas and I need a new camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

File: 1474412802853.jpg (98KB, 463x700px) Image search: [Google]
1474412802853.jpg
98KB, 463x700px
/p/ I'm going to Tokyo this Christmas and I need a new camera system. I have $2500 to spend on a new body and lenses, any brand. What would you recommend?
>>
>>2944802
>need
Need, or want?

Think about that, read the sticky, and then ask in the gear thread.
>>
Mamiya 6 and film.
>>
>>2944821
Need.

I have plenty of experience. Both the sticky And you are useless to me.
>>
>>2944855

>plenty of experience
>what camera should I get?
>any brand

Okay, then.
>>
>>2944802
sony a7 + fe 28mm f2.
/thread
>>
>>2944855
>needs a camera
>plenty pf experience
>sticky and poster in thread asking what camera should I get are useless
fuck off.

First of all if you really needed a new camera, you'd know what you need it for and your requirements.
Second of all, if the above applied I would hope that you're at least not a drooling fucking retard enough to not mention what your needs are.
Third of all, this isn't the gear thread .
Fourth of all, you're clearly not worth helping at this stage. The only help I can foresee for you is someone holding your head under water until you stop breathing.

Buy whatever the fuck you want anon, you want a recommendation for new body and lenses? Okay, Olympus, buy a new Micro 4/3 olympus camera and lenses.
>>
Sony a7ii, 28mm and 55mm lenses.
>>
heres a protip from someone who does heavy travelling: never ever bring more than one lens to your travels. Get the most versatile one.
>>
>>2944991
Useless

>>2944901
Thanks for your recommendation
>>
A beat to shit rebel T2i for $125

A used 24-70 2.8 II for like what, $1600?

And then a nice wide or tele, what ever you want.
>>
>>2945454
>24-70
>on 1.6x crop
kys
>>
>>2945463
5D mk1 or 2 then.

I'd deal with crop before I would carry that weight everywhere though.
>>
File: ti010729_xpro1bl.jpg (98KB, 600x474px) Image search: [Google]
ti010729_xpro1bl.jpg
98KB, 600x474px
I was thinking about biting a bullet and buying the x pro 2 with the 35 f/2. Would this be a bad decision? Alternatively, I could pick up a used mkii (I don't know the shutter count), and a some canon glass, or source an A7. That's where my head is at so far.

I hear the x pro 2 is quite sharp because of the lack of aa filter and colors are superb.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width600
Image Height474
>>
>>2944802
rich kid detected
>>
>>2948647
I'm curious. Why did you make that post?
You're envious obviously and there's not really anything wrong with that. Lots of people here wish they had more money for gear and travel.
But why did you feel a need to just, in three words, point out that the OP has that money?
Do you think it's something he should be ashamed of? Does having money, maybe his parents' money, make him a bad person? A bad photographer?
What did you intend to achieve with that post, anon?
>>
-7d, 70d or 80d as a frame
-some good zoom like 24-105mm
-something fun like 35mm f/2
-memory cards
>>
>>2945547
I have a Pro2 and love it, but wouldn't take the 35 as my only lens on a Japan trip. I'd go with the 23 if I absolutely could only have one lens, but my experience is that Japan really suits ultrawides, so I'd take a normal of your choice and then get the $300 Rokinon 12mm. (Which is fast, tiny, and quite good optically.)
>>
>>2948927
I recently came back from a trip to Italy with my X-Pro1 - I also recommend the 23mm for travel. 35mm is way too tight.
>>
>>2944894
kek
>>
>>2948647
>$2500
>rich

You know, to some people $2500 is a pretty reasonable sum of money and far from entailing one is "rich".
>>
>>2948656
dont let it get you down anon, its just the normal unjustified autism that goes on here everyday
>>
>>2944802

Well I'm moving to Japan in two weeks and I'm taking a Fuji X-T2 with the 23mm F1.4. (+ kit lens for video). But I can do pretty much anything on the 23mm; I don't really need anything else. It all depends on how you shoot really.
>>
>>2948939
You have to be relatively well-off to have $2500 of expendable cash on hand. You have to have lived a very privileged life to not understand that.
>>
>>2948983

>You have to be relatively well-off to have $2500 of expendable cash on hand.

Or maybe he just knows how to save his money and not spend it on McDonalds and the other worthless crap that most Americans buy?

Not everyone has the same shitty saving habits that you do. $2500 is nothing.
>>
>>2948985
Actually, living on McDonalds would be pretty cheap. It wouldn't be very good for you though. But I stand by my statement. If you think $2500 is a trivial amount of money for the average person, you have lived a very sheltered life.
>>
>>2949040

I've been on welfare, I've been homeless, I've been evicted from my home before for not being able to pay rent. And it took me years to get out of debt. My parents never had the money to provide me with everything I needed when I was living alone; I had to fend for myself.

Guess what.

$2500 is nothing.

Go fuck yourself.
>>
>>2949042
Gee, I wonder how you ended up homeless and on welfare. You probably blew all your money on stupid shit. And now that you're at least a bit on track your now on 4chan advocating that behavior
>>
>>2949042
2500 is not a whole lot in the grand scheme of things, but to throw 2500 on whatever fling would be pretty big for many people. OTOH spending 2500 on something you really care for or want is not too out of league for many people.

Like, I worked menial jobs most of my life until I got to a semi-Ok level, and for me that is about 4-5months of savings from my disposable income, after all expenses and other "mandatory" shit.

Do I blow money like that on uneccessary things, like cameras or travel? Yea, sure I do, because they are important things to me. Would I throw that kind of money on some unsure spur of the moment thing on that has an unknown return value for me? fuck no.
>>
>>2948983
Basically this.
>>2948985

Over the past four years my income has steadily gone from ~$30k to $45k...which isn't much in the grand scheme of things. Still, I've needed $2.5k+ in a number of situations (travel to Europe, travel to Asia, buy a car, take a roadtrip, buy a camera) and was able to hit that by being conscious of my spending for a few months. Even the year I was supporting my GF while she finished up university I put away $4k in 6 months while making $30k gross. Thankfully I have zero debts which puts me in the minoritynof people my age (mid 20s).

But if you're a single adult with a job and no debts or special circumstances and think a disposable $2500 makes someone rich, you need to either re-evaluate the shitty job your working and/or your spending habits.
>>
>>2945547
no tilty screen.
>>
>>2949063
Keep in mind $30k-$45k is pisspoor pay and this guy even realizes $2.5k isn't a lot.
>>
>>2949235
Exactly. I have engineer friends pulling $70k+ that tell.me they can't afford vacations and ask how the hell I'm able to do it. They go out and routinely have 3 figure bar tabs in a night, buy expensive clothes, and eat out for multiple meals a day.

If you spend $5/day every workday on a coffee and snack, simply stopping will save you $100/month. If you spend $10 on lunch every work day stopping that will save you probably $8/day once you figure out the cost to make your own lunch. That's another $160. Do both of those for 4 months and you've just saved $1040.

It's not rocket appliances.
>>
>>2949244
I'm not making a lot myself (a student) and even I know I have destructive spending habits.
I can understand buying expensive items (clothing), but when people run up those bar tabs I raise an eyebrow. I'll maybe set aside like $30 to drink out every month or two.
I really need to stop eating out though.
>>
>>2945547

excellent choice, dont bother with anything else honestly.

grab a sexypro2 and a 35mm (or new 23mm f/2, whichever you prefer) and enjoy your trip!!
>>
>>2949273
Dude, you seriously do. That's the biggest fucking waste of money that SO many people piss their paychecks into. $10 + a slow cooker can make you a few days' worth of lunch and dinners. Unless you're already cooking the majority of your meals at home your probably looking at saving hundreds of dollars a month by not eating out. Add some other areas to cut back (go down to the next tier phone plan, stop buying things you don't actually need, fuck...compare prices of comparable products before grabbing one off the shelf) and you could easily be putting away $250+ extra a month. That's a massive difference without giving up anything other than a little convenience
>>
To me, OP comes across as a spoilt clueless brat

This thread is cancer

sage
>>
>>2949244
How much do the rocket appliances cost? I'd be interested in those
>>
>>2945547
That's a good choice, I want one, but already invested elsewhere.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.