[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: camera-rain.jpg (47KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
camera-rain.jpg
47KB, 500x375px
Tell me stories of your camera in weather. Was it WR or weather sealed? Metal body or plastic? What crazy things have you done to get the shot?
>>
My D2Hs survived 2 weeks of winter in Yellowstone without a WR lens or extra precautions. It champed through everything, from sitting exposed on a tripod for hours during snowstorms, steam, rapid temperature changes, an average of -30 degrees F outside, and even sitting on my neck through a whole day of cross-country skiing when it fell to -40. The following summer it tanked through 3 weeks of field biology on a trip from the midwest to the pacific coast, knocking around through dust, dirt, mud, salt spray, and being stored outside every night since we camped the entire way.

Still clackclackclacks to this day, although 4.2 mp of weird voodoo evolutionary dead-end sensor tech is a bit difficult to manage these days.

Here's something to stir the Sonyfag shitpot:

http://danbaileyphoto.com/blog/fuji-x-camera-survives-3-months-out-in-the-elements/
>>
>>2943870
>Here's something to stir the Sonyfag shitpot:
>http://danbaileyphoto.com/blog/fuji-x-camera-survives-3-months-out-in-the-elements/
tfw my x-pro 2 with a WR lensdidn't survive 20 minutes in light moderate rain even with the seals and being in a dehumidified room afterwards.

It's not weather sealed, it's not even WR. It's "splash resistant".
LCD fogged up and didn't go back to normal so sent it back for repair. Currently waiting for Fuji to refuse to repair it. If I think negatively, I'll be at least a little surprised if something okay happens.
>>
wrapped plastic around my camera

it was rushed, plastic came loose from changing settings, so some water got on my shutter release button
I had an error message telling me I should remove my battery

my camera is fine now, I just absorbed as much water as I could from the button perimeter with a tissue, then let it sit overnight with the battery out in case something went wrong in my sleep
>>
>>2943893
That really sucks. Actually I feel like Fuji's build quality has noticeably decreased since the first generation of X-series cameras. I also have an X20 which has gotten wet in the rain plenty of times and knocked about as an EDC camera for years in Japan's ungodly nasty moldy high humidity. The X30, X70, X-E2, X-Pro etc all feel cheaper and more plasticky. I'd like to see Fuji's ruggedization tech from the XP90 applied to a camera that wasn't one of the most dogshit compacts ever made.
>>
I live in a place where it rains once a year and no humidity, yet I buy WR camera in the hopes that itll come in handy and justify my purchase of a non-canikony camera
>>
>>2943864

im surprised how well my film equipment fares to my digital in bad weather.
>>
Once I took photos in the rain and noticed the lens was slightly facing upwards while taking a shot. Checked and of course there was a droplet on the lens. Cleaned it up and took the shot again. After developing the roll it turned out the droplet wasn't visible in the first shot and I took the same bad shot twice.
>>
>>2943941
>and I took the same bad shot twice
kek
>>
File: 17243829626_dff74cfda6_b.jpg (211KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
17243829626_dff74cfda6_b.jpg
211KB, 800x800px
I've never really taken the weather into consideration with my Bronica. I've had it out in heavy rain and snow quite a few times. No mold or any failures at all.

Pic related. Got absolutely drenched a few minutes later.
>>
>>2943864
I went out to an event, started raining early in the morning. There was a lot of photographers, all of them were under the catering tent, me out in the rain shooting the event. I was more of the subject of photographer interest than the event itself. Not a single issue, no umbrella just a raincoat so I won't get drenched. Camera fully out in the rain. No issues, no fogging, no hazing/fogging later either.
Pentax with kit lens.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.