[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photography Courses in Australia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (12KB, 278x181px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 278x181px
Hi guys, what are the best courses and universities to go to for photography in Australia?
>>
>>2939799
the university of going outside and taking pictures
>>
>>2939841
good luck making a career in that
>>
>>2939799
Are you in melbourne?
>>
>>2939845
Nobody will hire you for a photography job just because you have a degree.

For artisanal type jobs, it's all about your portfolio, references and the customer contacts you make.

Sure, school can help with networking. It can help with learning the basics of your trade. But, it can not substitute for the experience of learning by doing, nor will it put you on "a career track" automatically once you graduate, the same way it would happen if you'd study something like economics or engineering for example.
>>
>>2939863
Correct. If you're going to go to uni for photography, recognise that it's for networking. Work/assist while you're studying, and you'll have a huge step up on your peers- in my experience I didn't learn anything from uni that you can't learn from youtube, and I got a lot more out of assisting.

he's absolutely right that it won't put you on a career track, nor will most people give a fuck about your ba. Helpful having a studio/gear and years to build a folio though, so make sure you use the facilities heavily if you end up going.
>>
>>2939863
>>2939868
Righto, so lets say I recognise all this. What are the best courses and universities to go to for photography in Australia?
>>
>>2939875
What places have you spoken with/been around?
>>
>>2939875
Both RMIT and PSC have pretty good reps in Melbourne
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.