[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys try to use natural lighting as much as possible?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: 1.png (1MB, 1440x950px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1440x950px
Do you guys try to use natural lighting as much as possible? Is shooting in natural lighting a meme?
>>
>>2937018
>Is shooting in natural lighting a meme?

kill yourself senpai.
>>
>>2937018
It's not a meme, and I like trying to shoot mostly in natural light. If its a dire need then I'll use the flash but I usually hate doing that.
>>
>>2937018
"i only use natural lighting" is a bad photographer meme
>>
>>2937027
Are street lamps considered natural lighting? I'd shoot with light gear, but I'm too lazy for that.
>>
>>2937129
They are Available Light, which is a more appropriate term than Natural Light. Available Light is anytime you haven't added new light sources. So that includes using reflectors etc. and artificial lights that were already there.
>>
Flash disgusts me and its cumbersome. I only use natural light. I like use reflectors too.
>>
"I'm too poor to afford good speedlights" The Thread.
>>
>>2937018
I'm not against introducing additional lighting to a scene, but it isn't something I do terribly often. It does require a bit of extra planning and setting up which I don't always have, and of course it makes me have to bring extra stuff even though I like traveling light.

As with any photograph it depends on what you want to do. There is of course a place for extra lights when the available light is not sufficient.
>>
Nigger
>>
It depends.
If I have to do a portrait, I'm using reflectors and lights. Maybe flash,just for shitty nightclub photography. For the rest go natural
>>
>not making nature your bitch
I'll make my own god damn sun if I have to. Anybody who can't make their artificial light look natural is hopeless anyways.
>>
>>2937775
>Anybody who can't make their artificial light look natural is hopeless anyways.

t. smug but photoless cuck.
>>
>>2937018
No, I don't have a general preference either way. I use what I need or have available at the shoot to get the images I want.
>>
Nigger
>>
>>2938354
K
>>
>>2937155
"I don't like when other people disagree with me so I have to act like a faggot man child instead of an adult" the comment
>>
>>2937155
"I don't like when other people disagree with me so I have to act like a faggot man child instead of an adult" the comment.
>>
>>2940343
t. calls people faggot but insists he's mature
>>
In a hundred years, photos shot with available light will still look timeless and perfect.

In two years your artificial studio lighting style will look old and tired.

Your pick.
>>
>>2937135
Spot the guy who doesn't know how to use flash

>>2937780
You don't need an example of every fucking thing mentioned on /p you entitled, worthless child.

>>2940342
Nah man, photography is about manipulating light, if you can't do that with a strobe, you're fucking worthless.

>>2940358
No, good photos will remain good photos, careless snapshots will remain shite.
99% of careless snapshots will be done in natural light.

>>2937018
Natural light photographers are less meme, more extremely limited in their skills. Just look at landscape photography, can't really use a flash, so they sit and wait for hours on end for light that suits the image, your level of care about light should be the same for every photo.
>>
>>2940505
>he spends all this time on bad trolling

dude get a life.
>>
>>2940513
Another anon tries to justify his lack of talent by calling those that are honest with them trolls.

Why can kids these days not take criticism? Or at least give a worthwhile rebuttal? (protip, there is no rebuttal, natural light photography = I'm poor and don't know what I'm doing.)
>>
>>2940505
>99% of careless snapshots will be done in natural light.

And 99% of the masterpieces in photography have been shot with natural light.

Artificial lighting is for idiots who have been swallowed whole by consumer culture and thinks everything needs to look like a commercial for laundry detergent.
>>
>>2940672
Show me a modern masterpiece done in natural light.
>>
>>2937018

>memes

Just get out there and fucking practice and experiment. Shoot whatever the fuck you want in whatever conditions you want. Just go out and take a fuckin' picture.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.