[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Drone Photography Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

To get inspired:

https://youtu.be/xVYLqWUbyH8

Anyone have success or commercial experience with drone photography?

I'm still figuring out photography basics, and am wondering how much manipulation of camera settings one has to do with a drone?

Any stories of mishaps, accidents, shots missed because of a flight path issue?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width900
Image Height900
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2015:04:27 15:45:22
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width615
Image Height615
>>
you need to pass FAA test first broski
>>
>>2935573
This 1000x, they're still in the making example of people who don't have the proper license phase.
>>
You only need a faa certification if you're selling the footage or using it commercially. Hobbyists just need to register the drones for 5 bucks with the faa online
>>
>>2935550
>I'm still figuring out photography basics,
Maybe mess with the drones later then, chief.
Drones aren't intrinsically a photo topic. Most drones aren't going to be used in a very photographic way (regardless of how much you like or dislike the footage you get; you're less composing a photo and more trying to see if you got something good)
Do we really need a general thread for them? Shouldn't that go on /g/ instead?
>>
Well now that a dronethread exists, whatdo you guys think of Panasonics new camera? Apparently it's a GH4 in a minimalistisch Body Made for mounting on drones and similar stuff.
Zcam tried to do something similar with their "MFT-mount action-cam" but failed because it's Just too heavy. But panny seems to know what theyre doing.
>>
>>2935778
>Maybe mess with the drones later then, chief.
This is bad advice.

Yes, work on learning to take pictures, but if you're really interested in doing drone photography, you really need to start learning how to dry a drone. Around a $150 can get you something like a Blade 180 QX which if you can get decent with, flying something like a Phantom/Inspire/Soaring WIngs/custom/built yourself drone will be easy as hell.
>>
>>2935906
Alternatively just move on from the obsession and realize you don't need a drone. You just like new things.
OP doesn't need a drone. OP will buy a drone and learn to fly a drone if OP actually needs a drone. OP doesn't need a drone, though.

drones are, themselves, more of a /g/ topic.
>>
>>2935888
I think it'll be hard to compete with DJI's x5r. It's literally designed for a gimbal mount, which granted is more of a big deal when it comes to video than photography.
>>
>>2935913
By that logic tripods are a /g/ topic.

If you don't like the thread, hide it or ignore it. Delightfully, either won't stop drones from being a part of modern photography.
>>
>>2935913
>>2935917
I just bought a Giottos mt 9251 for 90$. Was that a good buy? It's pretty solid and I like the professional feel of it. Also, what kind of tripod are you using?
>>
>>2935916
I think that's exactly what theyre going for. The GH4 is Pannys Video flagship DSLM
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.