[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/Gear/ - Gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 51

File: image.png (2MB, 1466x746px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1466x746px
Last one hit bump limit

Anything about Lenses, Cameras, mounts, Systems, buying, pricing, selling, etc. GOES IN HERE!

Don't open new threads for gear-related issues
No pointless (brand) arguments and dickwaving allowed! You have been warned! Just questions, answers and advice!

I repeat, ANYTHING GEAR RELATED goes in here!

And don't forget, be polite
>>
Who stopped putting pentax pix in op posts? Get it together you fucks
>>
Excuse the layman-ness;

I bought a cheap ass wireless flash remote trigger thing on Amazon and it only triggers it at 100% power, regardless of speedlite settings (my flash does not have a programmable LCD back) After trying it, I quickly realize it made sense it didnt work with TTL or different power settings.

so then I got one of those curly cords that hook the flash up (which the description said works with TTL) but upon using that, It doesn't recognize that a speedlite is hooked up when I go into settings, but still fires at 100% power. Is this how all flash cords work? doesn't really connect to the camera even though it's got all the connectors via hotshoe?

This is pretty gay, and I guess I will have to use a diffuser and umbrella and hope my light isnt too hot, but will have to do until I buy a Yongnuo instead of first-party flashes.
>>
>>2932037
Link to your flash remote?
>>
Quick question

I have a Yongno YN486-II speedlite for the canon

Will it work with the fujfilm xt1 hotshoe?
>>
Which one do I get? HD DA 20-40 Limited or HD DA 16-85?
The Limited is lighter, smaller, has better build and faster aperture, the other has wider zoom range, has supposedly better edge to edge sharpness but is bigger, twice as heavy and not all metal build.
Both are WR and for crop.
My current one is 16-45 but no WR.
>>
>>2932124
The 16-85 is more than a little better of a lens optically.
It might focus better if it's not screwdrive.
The increase in range will add flexibility to your shooting, and enable shots that you wouldn't be able to get without bringing other lenses.

The 20-40 will look cool. It might also last longer before the sealing is compromised or something goes wrong with it.
>>
>>2932037
The port for the flash cord on most bodies doesn't transmit any data, it's just a trigger. I'll admit a bit of ignorance here, but I'm not aware of any that actually do (I'm sure if there are some bodies that do communicate over the cord someone'll hop in and correct this). The communication between the flash and the body is through the contacts in the shoe. I imagine they were saying it works with TTL because they were assuming that there's some kind of settings you can set in your body so it knows there's an off body flash and then adjusts exposure to the flash's power without adjusting the flash's power. I wasn't shooting strobe when I shot Canon so I can't really help with any of the settings.
>>
>>2932129
Yeah, both have DC focus drive, no screwdrive.
>>
>>2932129
>>2932145
Also I have little care how my camera looks, I care more about the shots I can take, second place is for durability/sealing.
I'm leaning towards the 16-85 but the 20-40 more rugged build is nagging at the back of my brain. Also DoF markings.
>>
File: DSCF4009.jpg (306KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF4009.jpg
306KB, 1000x667px
I got a a57 at launch in 2012, and in 2015 may i some how managed to grab a Tamron 24-70 2.8 NIB for really cheap like, 399 CAD at the time. with the A99ii will the 24-70 act like a 24-70 or will be be acting more like a 36-90?

I'm pretty sure its going to act as a 24-70 just needed a second opinion.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-E2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)33 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:09:23 17:12:45
Exposure Time6 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Brightness-4.7 EV
Exposure Bias-1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length22.30 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2932037
Yes, this is normal.

Proposed Solution is a replacement: Grab a Yongnuo 560-TX and some Yongnuo 660 or 560 III/IV flashes with built-in receivers. They operate nicely and are cheap for such a good manual flash system.

Or more 'expensive' Yongnuo or Godox TTL flashes.

If you can trigger this flash optically, use it as the weakest fill flash, you'll not need to adjust that one a lot.
>>
I'm looking for possible lenses for the a6000. So far I only have the 16-50 mm kit zoom and I'll probably shoot with that for a while, but being prepared never hurts.

I'm eyeing the Sigma 30mm f/2.8 and Sony 35mm f/1.8 OSS as a possible first candidate; looks like a good pick for general walk-around duty and the occassional macro/closeup. Is the extra aperture and image stabilization on the Sony worth the extra money?
>>
>>2932212
Sigma 30mm f/1.4 contemporary or Sony 28mm f//2.

> occasional macro
Maybe just the 30mm f/3.5 macro then?

Might keep you happy until you can get a 90mm FE or perhaps the upcoming 50mm macro.
>>
>>2931996
What's a cheap Macro lens I should scan film with?
>>
File: download.png (5KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
5KB, 205x246px
Whats the best DSLR/Mirrorless I can get used for less than $300
>>
>>2932245
Im in the same boat with a bigger budget slightly, just want a decent budget camera for travel and when family visits.
>>
>>2932245
For mirrorless you could probably get a used Sony a5000 for under 300, or one of the Fuji X series cameras, the X-M1 is nice.
You could get a lot of cheap DSLRs for under 300, but I advocate for mirrorless because of the near infinite lens choices.
>>
>>2932245
Nikon D7000, D3200 or equivalent Rebel, NEX-6 (And MAYBE a NEX-7, but you might as well get an A6000 at that point), Fuji X10, maybe an X100, and the Pentax K50.
>>
File: 1468301162593.png (28KB, 186x208px) Image search: [Google]
1468301162593.png
28KB, 186x208px
How likely am I to get chink'd with this bag?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/302003702385?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Are fake Lowepros even a thing?
>>
>>2932245
D300
>>
>>2932275
> How likely am I to get chink'd with this bag?
You are getting eBay'd, it costs like 20% on top of the Aliexpress or other price.

> Are fake Lowepros even a thing?
Very likely. Never had a particular problem with Chinese bags though, even the fake ones. China is honestly quite good with textiles, you usually get what you paid for (by Chinese export pricing).
>>
>>2932310
>Never had a particular problem with Chinese bags
This. I got the NatGeo bag due to /p/ recommendation for $50 off ebay, new and the messenger bag counterpart for £2 used off ebay. I strongly suspect both are fake, or maybe just without the official holo tag but made in the same factory.
Not a single tear, loose strands or any kind of disintegration. Quite good quality for the price DESU.
>>
which should i buy pentax 67II or the mamiya 7II? i love shooting medium format but my RZ is hassle to take on holiday. keep in mind one being an SLR and the other a range finder isn't an issue. i just want to know which one will provide better results.
>>
File: image.jpg (34KB, 505x252px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34KB, 505x252px
I like old school big white design

Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Width505
Image Height252
>>
>>2932549
If you take it on a holiday why not go for 645? Both Pentax and Mamiya has excellent 645 film bodies that are fun to shoot, smaller, lighter than 6x7 and they take the same film.
>>
Does anyone here shoot with a mirrorless system, Rokinon/Samyang 12mm f2.0 or just mirrorless lenses uses a filter holder and kit on it that fits snug?

Trying to find a filter holder to fit with my sony a6k 49mm thread lenses or a Rokinon/Samyang 12mm lens...

Options?

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D800E
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.5.1 (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.0
Color Filter Array Pattern818
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)105 mm
Image Created2016:06:06 17:10:01
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length105.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
I'm looking into a Nikon D7200 with an 18-140 VR lens for profile shots and street photography. Thoughts?
>>
>>2932597
There is Lee and Cokin, but for 12mm even on crop you will need the very expensive ultra thin filters to reduce vignetting. There are special thin and wide filter holders that don't cast ugly shadows on the image and have clearance from the bulbous front element.
Can't really comment on what to get specifically though. I hope you know at 12mm polarisers are a no-go.
>>
>>2932597
Doesn't the lens have a 67mm filter thread?

Just get filters for it and then converters from 49->67mm (haven't checked whether this results in a terrible setup in this specific case, I'm not too often using filters).
>>
>>2932601
Oh no? I didn't know much about this at all, are there any articles which I can read about this sort of stuff? or is this personal experience talking?
>>
>>2932614
The filter is a planar thing with a certain thickness. The wide angle means the light is coming much more at an angle at the edges meaning the effective thickness becomes bigger compared to the center where the light comes in perpendicular to the filter. On UWA on the edges you can get 3-5x or even more light blocking causing vignetting. It's like on a 3-stop filter the center is 3-stop while the edge becomes 10-stop. Even more so if you are stacking filters.

Look up a few filter tutorials on youtube.
>>
File: image.jpg (56KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
56KB, 640x640px
How to clean fungus out of vintage lens?
Paid 15$ for an industar with the intention of refurbishing it

CommentScreenshot
Image Width640
Image Height640
>>
>>2932740
Open it up and clean the elements with a soft cloth and some alcohol. The fungus has already probably etched into the coating so there's no real good there.
>>
Hey,

I am thinking about getting a decent camera for daily use. Street, portrait, landmarks etc.

I am struggling with deciding between mirrorless and DSLR. Specifically between Fujifilm X-T10 and Canon 70D.

I'd like it to be portable and easy to just take with me without worrying about it too much between my daily tasks or just when I am on a trip.

So, it seems that fuji is the better option when I think about it. However, I would hate to see the images it takes and regret buying it, image-quality-wise.

Also fuji has less of a lense selection chance.

By the way as you can see I don't know much about photography and when I say image quality, I mostly think about bokeh. And I think this is more about the lens properties than camera body.

What can you recommend to a guy in my position?

Thanks in advance.
>>
>>2932753
Yeah I figured it would eat at the coating, if there's any splotchy ghosting I'll probably buy a polarizer to try and even it out.
Plus I only spent like 15$ on it and can always sell it again after I remove the fungi
First Russian lens for me so I didn't want to buy anything too expensive
>>
>>2932763
No polarizer will fix that. Try to clean it then bin it if it's no good. $15 is nothing.
>>
>>2932756
Yes, Fuji has a smaller lens selection.
However, Fuji being mirrorless has more oppurtunities for lens adaptation rather than canon.
The Fuji is also half the weight of the canon.
You could even use canon lenses on Fuji X series cameras. Going mirrorless allows you to use a lot more lenses thanks to lens adapters, while most SLRs can't adapt as much because of the mirror in SLRs.
I think you should get the fuji
>>
Would a Pentax KS2 be a good upgrade from my t5i?
>>
>>2932623
Got any links on that?
>>
>>2932778
www.youtube.com
>>
>>2932776
Depends on how invested you are in the Canon lens system. if not then yes, the new collapsible kit lens is much more capable than the older screwdrive ones, not that those were bad either.
If you do go for it, see if you can snag a DA 35/2.4 prime, usually goes around $100.
>>
>>2932781
Well, I'm not too invested emotionally. Financially either actually. I think I'm going to go for it. Do you recommend the KS2 or should I step it up a little bit further and get a different model?
>>
>>2932784
The K-S2 is already part of the modern lineup, the newest firmware update bring KAF4 mount support for the new electromagnetic aperture drive lenses.
In its class the K-70 is the newest and has a much better video AF due to the dual pixel AF and has the pixel shift tech. Especially useful for still life and landscapes.
If landscape and tripod shots are not your cup of tea then the K-S2 would do just as well.
>>
>>2932779
To your specific weird filter theory
>>
File: s-l500.jpg (44KB, 500x444px) Image search: [Google]
s-l500.jpg
44KB, 500x444px
Would an Olympus Pen E-PL1 be a good camera to pick up a bit of casual photography. I'm mainly thinking street photography and life capture. Is £95 a good price for a second hand one with a 14-42mm lens bundled?
>>
Is the 16-35 f/4 L IS worth the premium over the older 17-40L?
>>
>>2932789
Google it you lazy fuck! Don't expect to be spoonfed on everything
>>
>>2932797
I have googled heavily and found nothing like what you're saying
>>
>>2932789
>To your specific weird filter theory
It's a "weird" theory that UWAs suffer from vignetting?
>>
>>2932787
I do shoot a lot of tripod/landscape shots. Thanks for the info.

Does Adobe support the Pixel Shift technology yet?
>>
>>2932799
That filters increase vignetting on UWAa
>>
>>2932800
No, you have to do the minimum edits like whitebalance and PS merge/movement filtering then export to tiff with the propriatory RAW converter then you can work in LR
This whole PS thing is still very new, I really wonder if it catches on enough for Adobe to do something about it. They just managed to have a decent detail in Fuji RAWs so I wouldn't hold my breath on it.
>>
>>2932801
Now, you're seriously going to sit there and claim that you've been googling and can't find anything about this topic?

Fucking screenshot your search.
>>
File: screenshot.jpg (237KB, 1227x909px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.jpg
237KB, 1227x909px
>>2932804
Everything here is about filters causing vignetting on wide angle lenses because the filter ring is too thick and blocks light, not from your theory of the rays of light passing through more filter glass.
>>
>>2932790
That's a p good price, it's basically a super high end p&s but with interchangeable lenses
Go for it
>>
I keep getting either wrong or run around answers-

Which pocket wizard combo do I need to buy so that I can manually change my flash's power without having to walk over to it?

And for a good number of you that don't understand what that means, it means if I want to change the flash power from 1/2 to 1/4, which pocket wizard lets me do that from the pocket wizard itself and NOT have to set down the camera and physically change it on the flash itself
>>
>>2932816
Do you really need to google this? This is common sense, if you are looking through a sheet glass at an angle the light goes a longer way through, if the glass is an ND filter it will be darker than looking through at 90°. Just take out one of your NDs and look at it at an angle.
For UWAs they make thin NDs so it reduces the otherwise very visible vignetting but it will be there, you can compensate in post or use a radial grad filter.
The other anon overexaggerated this but it is real and can be a real annoyance sometimes. Also the CPL filters on UWA can be used but only if there is overcast or no sky visible. CPLs are very effective in removing glare from foliage, water and wet surfaces. On direct sky CPL produces blotchy ugliness with UWA, likewise on panoramas. This is the "no-go" rule for CPLs.
>>
>>2932826
Some Anon, maybe you, maybe not, has said that this turns a 3 stop filter into a 10 stop filter, and it's incredibly easy to google. I've failed to find anything on it, despite going to a whole bunch of pages specifically about using filters on wide angle lenses.
>>
>>2932826
They make thin filters so that the edges of the metal ring that screw them in don't clip into the corners of your photograph, especially when stacking multiple filters. I'm looking at my ND filter right now, and it does not change in brightness at all whatsoever regardless of what angle I look at it through. I'm pretty sure it's because the "ND" is a coating on the surface, not an actually darker glass.
>>
File: stupid shit.png (5KB, 800x232px) Image search: [Google]
stupid shit.png
5KB, 800x232px
>>2932837
You goddamn stupid shit, is this concept really such difficult to understand? How are you able to breath without any help?
ND is not a surface coating you goddamn dipshit human waste!
>>
>>2932844
Then why are there videos on YouTube of people applying ND coatings to glass?
>>
>>2932845
You know what, do what you want. Stay stupid I don't care
>>
>>2932848
As long as you realize that you're talking to multiple anons and that this one actually has a wide angle lens and an ND filter. There's no difference in vignetting at all. Your made up theory isn't common sense, it's complete nonsense.

>The high schooler plague will never subside
>>
>>2932844
What the fuck is this cancer?
Thin filters don't use thinner glass you fucking moronic asshole. Thin filters are thin because they don't have front threads.
>>
Is a nikon d7200 a good upgrade from the d3100? Is it a good midrange dslr? Are there better midrange options available? What is the cheapest I could get the d7200 for if I'm willing to but used or international?
>>
>>2932848
If this theory were true, centre filters would not have front screw threads and colour filters would produce a kind of colour vignette on wide angle lenses. It would also be mentioned somewhere online, as one Anon is convinced it is (very easy to find), yet he refuses to provide any links.
>>
This is my macro setup:
Canon 600d
Canon 100mm 2.8 USM (NOT the L)
Canon 430EX II
DIY diffuser
Flashlight (for night macro)
>>
>>2932859
> Is a nikon d7200 a good upgrade from the d3100?
Yes.

> Is it a good midrange dslr? Are there better midrange options available?
I prefer the A6300. YMMV.

A6000 and a better lens is also worth considering if you don't have a good budget for lenses on top of the body.

> What is the cheapest I could get the d7200 for if I'm willing to but used or international?
~$900 for a new one. Don't think there is much of a market for used D7200 yet.
>>
>>2932859
Do you lift shadows by more than 4 stops? Do you need a buffer for 14-bit RAW at 7 FPS, or can you get away with 5 FPS for 12-bit compressed 1.3x? Do you use WIFI or NFC?

If you answered no, just get a D7100.
>>
>>2932852
fuck go to sleep and wake up to this, okay cheers on the wide angle stuff, maybe the 12mm is only good for astro/low light and maybe not crazy dramatic shots. Thanks
>>
>>2932858
>>2932864
You guys do realize filters are not only in screw-on form, right?
>>
>>2932844
You have an extremely severe misunderstanding on how filters are made, good job making yourself look like a fucking fool
>>
I figured this doesn't need it's own thread

So after lurking here for a bit, I have decided to finally ditch my point and shoot. I'm not wealthy, so I figured I would buy a slightly older Rebel to learn the basics of actual photography. This deal was posted today and I'm strongly considering getting it.

http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Canon-T3i-and-accessories_28231490

($400 USD)

Is this a good deal? All the accessories are nice, but the two extra lenses seem like a steal compared to what they retail for, and it'll give me a lot of room to experiment and learn with. I plan on taking my amateur photography quite seriously, but I don't have the money right now (Or even in the near future) for anything new or more up to date.
>>
>>2932910
>http://www.usedvictoria.com/classified-ad/Canon-T3i-and-accessories_28231490

The "T3i PACKAGE" is more than fine if you are starting.I've started with all that gear and still have the body and those lens plus other stuff

I can post some pics if you want...
>>
>>2932910
T3i is a great camera with excellent button layout and size.
>>
>>2932911
I would love to see what you consider some of your best shots with that camera. I understand that when starting out, gear is not a huge factor but I am still interested in the upper limits of what this camera has to offer.
>>
>>2932910
Took all pictures with the T3i/600D

18-55
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/15059668550/in/album-72157649120764527/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/23343766071/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

My 1st try at night:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/21003707965/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

55-250
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/17499263773/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/20798725870/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/

600d+100mm 2.8 USM (NOT L)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/22531470163/in/dateposted-public/lightbox/
>>
>>2932916
Btw, those are all olf pics... I'm better now and im more into macro photography

One thing you will learn is to shoot in RAW and edit the pictures in lightroom for exemple. Is what i use
>>
I've pictures with the 50mm, but I cant find them with so many pictures together...
>>
File: 23406741212_6bc00a033c_k.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
23406741212_6bc00a033c_k.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
My 2nd try at night photography... 18.55
>>
>>2932910
On one level, yes. On the other hand, you don't really need training wheels because you can break the camera as beginner.

Might as well start with a midrange camera.
>>
Depending on the type of photography you will chose later when you know what you like and dont, the camera might or might not be tha timportant.

It is not the best camera for low light... as I showed to you.
But it is very capable. I use it for macro photography most.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/rafaelsilvaphotography/16316333073/in/photostream/lightbox/

Lens matter the most and those are really not bad to start.
>>
>>2932925
Did you find the focusing ring on the third try?
>>
>>2932929
It's probably just be a crappy zoom lens or something that this was shot with?
>>
>>2932918
Those are phenomenal, better than anything my friends who consider themselves photographers have shot. I've contacted the seller and will check this thread again before I meet him.

>>2932926
Any suggestions for an older mid range DSLR? Anything I buy will have to be used and Victoria, Canada isn't the biggest city so availability of more obscure models may be an issue.
>>
>>2932929
If you knew that well what you are talking about you would know that the "blur" is not out of focus but camera shake because there was wind. And btw iv no tripod (the camera was on a rock)

So just stfu you ignorant cunt
>>
>>2932930
>So just stfu you ignorant cunt
He thinks he is rly smart... at least im helping and didnt show only the "good" pics lol
>>
>>2932931
>Any suggestions for an older mid range DSLR? Anything I buy will have to be used and Victoria
A6000 or D7000/D7100 perhaps?

I honestly don't know about the availability of used models of these in Victoria.
>>
>>2932899
Your point being...?
>>
>>2932756

Look at Sony a6000.

Currently best bang for your buck mirrorless on the market.
>>
>>2932899
Square filters don't come in "thin" form. Instead they offer a "thin" holder. Just stop trying.
>>
File: 1394982784429.jpg (54KB, 271x271px) Image search: [Google]
1394982784429.jpg
54KB, 271x271px
tfw u know its gear lust and know you can live without it

but damn wanting nice things is painful

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 Windows
Image Created2014-03-01T23:47:44+01:00
Image Width271
Image Height271
>>
File: YongNuo_YN660_c.jpg (157KB, 640x560px) Image search: [Google]
YongNuo_YN660_c.jpg
157KB, 640x560px
>>2932973
> you can live without it
You can live without a lot of things, but most people want improvement and hobby expenses.

Just spend where it does the most for you, eh. If that is photo gear for your hobbies, then why the fuck not...?
>>
>>2932976
I enjoy my hobbies, improvement and have the "expendable" money, but I can't help but feel selfish wanting a $1200 upgrade
>>
>>2932978
> I can't help but feel selfish wanting a $1200 upgrade
I don't know how much that is relative to your budget and relative to what else you could do with your money... but why the fuck not?

People spend $1200 on a lot of things that are more stupid than photo gear. (Not that this is hard to state on a photography board...)
>>
>>2932981
Often the best thing to do in photography is instead of spending $1200 on some body/lens you don't need, you're better off getting a model, going on a trip or something similar. If you've a hardon to spend the money, do it in a way that gives you something to take pictures of.
>>
>>2932981

Fuck anon, I have been eyeing that lens myself.

Pretty sure it will be my next purchase.
>>
>>2932994
yeah I have something lined up in october thats only gonna be $300 tops

Who knows, maybe the a6300 and metabones wont cost $1200 around black friday.

Knowing the stores around me the a6300 will come in a kit with some 50-200mm variable aperture lens.
>>
On micro four thirds you can easily get full frame depth of field by using a 45 1.8 and stitching many shots together in a brenizer.
>>
Looking for a "fun" UWA/fisheye lens in full frame EF mount. Some of those Tamrons, Tokinas and Samyangs look nice and cheap but I'm somewhat interested in the Canon EF 8-15mm f/4L USM. Anyone here with decent experience with it?
>>
File: nex-5e.jpg (67KB, 980x653px) Image search: [Google]
nex-5e.jpg
67KB, 980x653px
hi guys i wanna buy sony nex-5 to use with my manual lenses becouse of it's easy adaptability and focus peaking
now, i can get the regular nex-5 (version 5e i belive, pic related) for half the price of n/t/r models, is it worth it or should i go for the earlier, cheaper model?
from what i found the diferences betwen those models are a mode wheel, 2 more megapixels, a button on the top and nfc in later versions which aren't that compeling to me, is there more i need to know about those versions or other possible choices?

Comment1bb26c263a2a57d78c7ad0538cd77b59df10620b8ebfc92ee8951942707fd36a478ddf27b62eaa1009a18fe841dd13e9
>>
>>2933133
I am not sure if the exact models, but some of them can use an evf attachment.

I knwo for sure that the NEX-5 CANNOT, while the NEX-5N can without issue.
>>
File: oblique.jpg (195KB, 1200x1049px) Image search: [Google]
oblique.jpg
195KB, 1200x1049px
So shit with an X-T2 a little bit today.

Focus is improved over older models, but with the lens I was using (kit 18-55mm) it was still quite slow. Like, as bad as the updated FE 50mm slow.

One thing I did like was the control wheel locks, but I think they are backwards. The expsoure compensation that I never tend to touch, yet also sticks out the most and gets twisted all the time has no lock. Meanwhile aperture and shutter speed do have locks, even though they are in hard to accidentally hit locations and are something I fuck with every other shot.
>>
Is $190 USD a good deal for a used X100?
>>
File: AX9A10482.jpg (4MB, 3500x2484px) Image search: [Google]
AX9A10482.jpg
4MB, 3500x2484px
Is the Laowa 105mm f/2 worth it over the Samyang 135mm f2?
>>
>>2933139

>focus was slow
>shot with the fucking kit lens

how retarded are you?

>shot with a 1Dx
>with an 18-55 kit lens
>focus was slow

>shot with a D5
>with an 18-55 kit lens
>focus was slow

no fucking shit
>>
>>2933133
Get the NEX 5N, anon. It's got the glorious 16mp sensor which was/is simply magical. Don't know what Sony did to it back then but it's a great performer in terms of color depth, dynamic range(!) and much more. I loved rocking that sensor in both my EX Nikon D7000 and Pentax K-5.

The NEX5N has focus peaking, too.
>>
>>2933139
see
>>2933153

Use better optics the next time. Of course the kit lenses will be slow as they have shit tier af motors inside.
>>
>>2933147

yes
>>
>>2933147
>laowa
no
>>
>>2933160
>>2933162
why?
>>
>>2933164
it depends.
>>
>>2933166
kek u got me
>>
>>2933147
Wait for the review. Mind that the Laowa is wide open at t/3.2 but deliver butter smooth bokeh, when Samyang delivered a lens close to canon's best lens.
>>
>>2933169
Reviews look pretty good on both. I wonder if there is a big difference on the bokeh of both lenses.
>>
>>2932994
If you really don't need it and it gets in the way of getting (to) your subject, surely.

>>2932999
No regrets on my end.

>>2933041
Samyang 12mm f/2.8.
>>
>>2933170
>implying bokeh matters in any way
filthy gearfags
>>
>>2933183
One of these is specifically a borkey lens.
>>
>>2933041
i have it. Its pretty shit desu
>>
>>2933153
That 18-55 is not your usual plastic shit though. There is no excuse for it to be slow.
>>
>>2933189
Wow, my ancient screwdrive kit lens on my Pentex focuses quick, snappy and accurately. Just not overly silent.
There is really no excuse today for a new lens design having slow AF.
>>
File: Photosniper_-_assembled.jpg (669KB, 2860x1651px) Image search: [Google]
Photosniper_-_assembled.jpg
669KB, 2860x1651px
About to pull the trigger on one of these bad boys
>>
>>2933202
>About to pull the trigger
Literally I assume. You can mod it for digital triggers though, just don't go near banks, city centers and government buildings with it.
>>
>>2933209
I live in ausfalia where people arent used to guns so it triples my risk of getting shot by the popo
>>
>>2933202
Man I could have picked one of these up complete with the original case/filters/manual all in pristine condition for $200 AUD, I'm so bummed I didn't
>>
>>2932245
I just got a sony a3000 for $225 20mp mirrorless, kind of the basics but it takes good photos
>>
>>2932245
Sony Nex 7, although you may find it around 330~360 if you don't look long

Even better than an a6000 in almost every way btw
>>
>>2932245
Pentex K-50
>>
best 300mm f2.8 lens for pentax?
>>
>>2933245
Mamiya 645 + adapter
>>
File: tfa300.jpg (166KB, 1500x994px) Image search: [Google]
tfa300.jpg
166KB, 1500x994px
>>2933245
FA 300/2.8
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 270x187px
I have a Pentax K-r, there are some deep scratches on the sensor, can these be removed in any way? I do have a new camera, but I would like to fix this one to use as a backup
>>
>>2933281
>deep scratches on the sensor
If only the top part of the sensor stack is damaged it can be fixed or even turned into IR by removing the IR filter. Go take it into a camera service and see what they say about it.
>>
>>2933251

300mm f/2.8 is my favorite telephoto... perfect balance of speed, reach, and weight.
>>
>>2933300
It all sounds nice until you see the pricetag
>>
>>2931996
i have the money and im already decided to buy an x100 series camera, but shoud i buy right now the s or the t, or should i wait a couple months and see if the jump to the suposed x100f is worth the money?
>>
File: Back that fact up.jpg (20KB, 208x240px) Image search: [Google]
Back that fact up.jpg
20KB, 208x240px
>>2933305
There's no actual proof that the X100F is on the way other than "FUJI DISCONTINUED THE X100T SINCE ALL THEIR NEWER CAMERAS PERFORM BETTER, HOLY SHIT IT'S HAPPENING". You'll probably be waiting until the next Photokina or CES until Fuji releases an official statement.

Also the X100S and X100T are more or less the exact same thing in terms of performance, but the T has a better screen and a higher shutter speed of 1/32000.

>>
>>2933305
> the jump to the suposed x100f
Nowadays everyone in the mirrorless ecosystem supposes their next camera is going to be with Sony-like features+10.

Nothing like that has been announced, and it's unlikely to happen first on your system with Sony holding all the patents and much of the sensor market... Buy what you can buy.
>>
>>2931996
Why did someone dip that canon in cum?
>>
>>2933321
Canon circlejerk
>>
Still looking for a good wide angle aspherical. Architecture and landscape is what I'm looking to shoot.

Would there be any issue mounting a Voigtlander Heliar 10mm on a Nikon FX? Can't find anything online about it.
Or should I wait for the Irix 11mm?

If anyone has any suggestions about wide angle full frame lenses let me know. My budget is around 1100
>>
Also aside from lenses. I'm looking to possibly upgrade from my Df.

Any suggestions? I'd like low light and 4K video performance if that's even a combination that's possible.
>>
>>2933440
>>2933443
Just use your petzval for everything
>>
What's a good lens filter set that can fit any lens? Tired of using gaf tape
>>
>>2933449
You know what?

You're right. Thanks anon.
>>
File: samyang_14mm.png (234KB, 673x530px) Image search: [Google]
samyang_14mm.png
234KB, 673x530px
>>2933440
Samyang 12mm f/2.8 fisheye (yes, you rectilinearize it).

Or pic related upcoming Samyang 14mm f/2.4.
>>
>>2933443
>I'd like low light and 4K video performance if that's even a combination that's possible.
The A7S II is a pretty obvious choice.

A6300 might also be enough for some situations.
>>
File: laowa12mm_zero-d.jpg (1MB, 2701x2110px) Image search: [Google]
laowa12mm_zero-d.jpg
1MB, 2701x2110px
>>2933461
One more interesting option might be that Laowa 12mm f/2.8 "zero distortion" lens. Also just within your budget.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image Width2701
Image Height2110
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Image Created2016:08:31 08:08:48
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width2701
Image Height2110
>>
>>2932790
think like this: is like buying a cheap zoom with a free camera, i got my Pana 20mm like that, with a GF1.
>>
>be pilot
>be photographer
>combine powers
>take pics for realestate holdings companies
>need shots using a 24-105 and a 70-200, sometimes use the 100-400.
>pain in the ass to stay over site, abide rules/regs/clearances and swap lenses so want to carry 2 bodies with each lens on one

I need a bag/backpack that is compact and small enough to not be a hassle to deal with in a small airplane, but still can be configured to fit two 5Ds bodies, each with one of the above lenses attached.

Suggestions?
>>
>>2933538
Lowepro Transit 350
>>
>>2933153
>>2933156

I expected it to beat the a6300 with its terrible kit lens, but it didn't even come close.
>>
>>2933202

Question.

Can you mount a mirrorless camera AND fire it with the trigger?
>>
>>2933234

NEX-7 is a perfect mirrorless body design.

Shame about the a7 looks though.
>>
>>2933305

Isn't the x100 like the worst of all the Fuji bodies by far, especially focus speed?
>>
>>2933564
With modification, sure. Here's a guy that did it for the A7 II.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQgKIPzJKmw
>>
>>2933575

Ok, thats neat as fuck.

Now where is the how to video on modifying it so it can be used with the a7ii?
>>
>>2933583
Read the comments. He says he didn't record it, but gives a rough description on what could be done.
>>
>>2933600
Oh, I see it now.

He pretty much shoved a Sony remote trigger in there, and set it up so the trigger presses up against the button.

That's ghetto as fuck, I love it.
>>
File: GFX-A7rII_side.png (272KB, 700x493px) Image search: [Google]
GFX-A7rII_side.png
272KB, 700x493px
Jesus.

This thing looked small in picyures, but it is huge when side by side with a FF camera.

Not saying its bad, just surprising. I'd buy one if I had $10k.
>>
File: GFX-A7rII.jpg (91KB, 700x343px) Image search: [Google]
GFX-A7rII.jpg
91KB, 700x343px
>>2933679

Another angle.
>>
>>2933679
>>2933681
A more fair comparison would be with a Hasselblad H series camera, since that's an medium formal DSLR. Or if you really want to push size, you put it up against a FF DSLR.
Using the A7 as a comparison just ain't fair.
>>
>>2933685

Yes, it isn't exactly fair, but I have an a7 so it really helped me to grasp the proper size of it.
>>
>>2933679
>>2933681

What is the advantage of this over just getting a digital back?

This is a new mount too, right? With like 3 lendes total? Why pick this up over something like the hasselbad mf mirrorless?
>>
Can someone help my stupid ass here?

Are there no Sony E to Nikon F adapters, and if not, why not?
>>
>>2933688
It's very price competitive with most digital backs. Size is significantly smaller over typical digital back systems. 6 lenses announced, 3 available at launch.
>Why pick this up over something like the hasselbad mf mirrorless?
Much better perf/$, arguably better body design.
>>
>>2933679
>as fat as a DSLR when it's not a DSLR

Is Fuji taking tips from Pentax?
>>
>>2933720
The nikon mount requires a pretty large flange focal distance. Basically the distance between the end of the lens and the sensor, basically all Nikon lenses are designed to focus at the sensor at that specific distance away.

Sony E has a tiny flange focal distance. The only way to get around this with an adapter (since your also adding more distance just to have different mounting bayonet), is to have corrective optics in the adapter. These pretty significantly degrade image quality, to the point where it's not worth it.

Going cross-brand for all electronic lens systems is very difficult as adapter makes basically have to reverse engineer the control systems of the lens (Sony E) and the body (Nikon) and make them compatible, it's a lot of work. The market for Sony E to Nikon is extremly, extremely small.
>>
>>2933723
Ah gotcha.
Thanks for the further clarification.

Now to find something other than the Voigtlander 10mm for E mount. :'(

Probably the Laowa.
>>
>>2933725

That Voigtlander lens is really really really nice though.

Just buy a used a7 and the lens.
>>
>schools start
>/p/ becomes slow again
>less brandfag shitposting
I can't put my finger on it but there has to be some sort of connection here.
>>
>>2933685
Then you put it next to the Hassy X1D and realize the Fuji is still large.
>>
>>2933831

This.

X1D is about the same size as a7.

No masive diference like the Fuji.
>>
Do I really need to spend 100+ to get a good nd filter?
>>
>>2933147
It's an STF lens. The only other one ever made was the Minolta version, with a Sony rebadge later.
>>
File: qm4Klvj.png (207KB, 1003x274px) Image search: [Google]
qm4Klvj.png
207KB, 1003x274px
>>2933834
better comparison is with second gen A7 with the usable grip. only slightly larger.
>>
/p/, I need your help. What do you think of this advert?

https://www.gumtree.com/p/video-camera-accessories/canon-eos-5d-mark-iii-camera-kit-w-ef-l-is-usm-24-105-mm/1189749765

I'm tempted to go ahead with it, will most likely sell the 24 - 105. I had a chat with the guy over the phone and said that the shutter count is somewhat near 5000, he had bought it with the intention of photographing his brother's wedding and had very little use after it. He mentioned sending it by secure royal mail delivery and I asked to send five raw image files. My only concern is that he doesn't want to use PayPal and would accept 50% deposit via bank transfer and an additional 50% having received it.

What do?
>>
>>2933862

Rumor has it Sony is planning on rereleasing it again.
>>
>>2933866
yeah they rerelease it every year or two. at least 2nd gen added very useful features.
>>
>>2933867

I wish they'd give us an e-mount version.

That is a lens I wouldn't mind being huge.
>>
>>2933202
>>2933564
>>2933575
>>2933583

I see no reason why you can't do the same thing with a wireless remote.
>>
>>2933866
whoops this >>2933867 was a wrong reply
>>2933868
but while they make a new model for E-mount, it won't do as much good. STF lenses can't exactly AF, and the Laowa version already gives a nice boost to aperture and overall t-stop. Might be nice to have electrical contacts for EXIF and IS though.
>>
>>2933871
>Might be nice to have electrical contacts for EXIF and IS though.

You'd get that with the A-mount lens adapted to an a7ii.
>>
>>2932866
that's cool. post shots from it?
>>
>>2933561
That's kinda sad. Good to know
>>
File: photosniper2.jpg (497KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
photosniper2.jpg
497KB, 1920x1200px
>>2933870
Of course you could do that too. Whatever you prefer, eh.
>>
Is the Olympus VF-4 viewfinder worth it? Someone is selling me a used one for $120. Is it a good deal?
>>
>>2933894
I guess it works and even with an okay refresh rate on some models.

But I can only assume you bought an Olympus rather than another brand because it was small and cute. You really want to put this monstrosity on top and even not have the option to use a flash?
>>
>>2933894
I would buy it for $120
It's high resolution but it's not ultra fast response time. I have the vf2 which serves all the EVF purposes I need for now. (I think 2 is the one I have, I haven't looked up evfs since I got it)
>>
>>2933688
>What is the advantage of this over just getting a digital back?
DB-based cameras are massive, slow, clunky, and prone to bugging out all the time, which is why a DB purchase often comes with same-day support from the dealer.
As a pure SLR-style camera with no extras, they are a fairly bad choice, it's only if you need specific features like leaf-shutter lenses, fast tethering, and tech-cam compatibility that it gets interesting, but those are niche for a great majority.

>This is a new mount too, right? With like 3 lendes total? Why pick this up over something like the hasselbad mf mirrorless?
Yes, new mount. 3 at launch, 6 in first year, which is a pretty decent amount. More importantly, the pick of focal length and aperture is very well spaced, meaning there's a lens for everyone. Unlike the 'Blad, the Fuji has a curtain and electronic shutter, meaning you can adapt any lens to it, even with a dumb adapter.

>>2933722
So long as it doesn't suffer from Sony's heat issues. I'd gladly take a thicker camera over one that has to sacrifice shot speed, buffer, on-time or something else, just to prevent it from overheating.
Also, every company should take tips from Pentax regarding high-end body design, especially weather-sealing.
>>
>>2933688
The Fuji GFX can use all manual hassleblad lenses and will be able to use modern hassleblad lenses in the future. It can also use the Pentax 67 hyper speed tele prime, the Mamiya fisheye, and pretty much any other lens you could ever want for any reason.
>>
>>2933897
>But I can only assume you bought an Olympus rather than another brand because it was small and cute.

Partly because of that but it I bought it used for $220 with the kit lens (e-pl7). Now I'm kind of wanting a viewfinder.

>You really want to put this monstrosity on top and even not have the option to use a flash?

I haven't used the flash that comes bundled with the e-pl7.

>>2933898
>I would buy it for $120
Yeah the price is enticing.

>It's high resolution but it's not ultra fast response time.

How shitty is its response time versus an overhead viewfinder? I am coming from a Nikon D90.
>>
>>2933883
>>
>>2933905
You aren't going to be anticipating the exact moment a balloon pops through the evf like you could through an optical viewfinder. But it's not that bad, the live histogram and wb/exposure preview are better with Olympus than any other mirrorless I've ever seen. One day the em1 mkII will have an xt2 fast evf, and it'll be all over.
>>
File: 16316333073_8058a0d4ce_k.jpg (1MB, 1463x2048px) Image search: [Google]
16316333073_8058a0d4ce_k.jpg
1MB, 1463x2048px
>2933883
>>
File: 17046073032_6a59ec802f_k.jpg (2MB, 2048x1317px) Image search: [Google]
17046073032_6a59ec802f_k.jpg
2MB, 2048x1317px
>>2933883
Thre examples, i've many more... I just pick 3 random pics. In this one i didn't use the flash.
>>
File: 21310649234_288f5cd267_k.jpg (987KB, 2048x2048px) Image search: [Google]
21310649234_288f5cd267_k.jpg
987KB, 2048x2048px
>>2933883
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-09-26-09-04-16.png (358KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-09-26-09-04-16.png
358KB, 1080x1920px
>watching this, yesterday it was $220
>planning on pulling the trigger today since i wanted to go to the @6300
>sold

god damn it /p/
why is the used market on these so scarce.
>>
>>2933903
>So long as it doesn't suffer from Sony's heat issues.

Sony heat issues?

Last I heard it would only overheat after 30 minutes of 4k?
>>
>>2933907
What exactly is the purpose of an evf for an olympus pen when it is just being used for casual snapshots, selfies and street photography?
>>
>>2933905
> Now I'm kind of wanting a viewfinder.
> I haven't used the flash that comes bundled with the e-pl7.
Well, if you don't mind, it seems like this should be a good deal for you, then.
>>
File: IMG_4053.jpg (784KB, 2304x2304px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4053.jpg
784KB, 2304x2304px
Hey I have an Polaroid SX-70 land camera in need of a fix up I honestly don't know if it works. Anyone have experience with getting those repaired and where?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS DIGITAL REBEL XT
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2010:08:30 13:17:46
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length60.00 mm
Image Width2304
Image Height2304
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2933907
> live histogram and wb/exposure preview are better with Olympus than any other mirrorless I've ever seen
How so? Seemed pretty much the same to me as what everyone else has (on their models, sometimes their better models)...

> One day the em1 mkII will have an xt2 fast evf, and it'll be all over.
For who?
>>
>>2933864
Don't fucking do it if you can't use paypal. Also who buys a 3.5k camera to cover there brothers wedding and that's it.
>>
>>2933934
> in need of a fix up
Can't you DiY? There are instructions on the internet for a lot of problems.

Also, go with Instax or better a Selphy printer if you actually do need instant photos on the go.
Polaroids are still outrageously expensive and poor in quality.
>>
So, with an adaptor, a full size lense would be fine with a micro 4/3s, right?
>>
>>2932870
Not the OP you replied to, but is the D7200 the best Nikon crop body for someone who doesn't need the speed of a D500 (or equiv older body) without going to fool frame (for low light performance rather than speed)?
I've been looking at an upgrade from my D3300 but I have Nikon lenses I'd like to use on my next body (whether that's a dslr or mirrorless) but is the A6000 comparable to a D7200, since the A6300 is a couple thousand for the body?
Thanks in advance
>>
>>2933949
your effective focal length will be twice the number it would be for FF (a 28mm lens will perform like a 56mm lens on a ff camera, a 35mm lens will perform like a 75mm ff lens, etc) but otherwise i dont see why it wouldn't work at all
>>
>>2933949
Apart from what the other anon said, you may also need a specific adapter with that feature if you want electronics to get EXIF information and like, aperture control on some Canon lenses and stuff like that.

>>2933953
I think there are a bunch of models with focal reducers AKA speed boosters now, if you want a way around that.
>>
>>2933927
I don't mean straight-up overheat, that would be a technical issue that the manufacturer shouldn't even allow to happen, but a lot of the time mirrorless cameras are limited in processing capability to avoid heat issues in the first place.
Take any mirrorless and see if it can compete with a DSLR in speed while maintaining full functionality, like the new Fuji X-T2 which can go as fast as 14Fps, but really only does 5fps with AF tracking and no VF blackout, which is the only continuous mode that matters.
>>
>>2933956
Thanks, anons.
Looking at an Oly OMD right now, but if I get one, it'll have to just be the body first and use my D70's lense until I can afford one.
>>
>>2933958
> Take any mirrorless and see if it can compete with a DSLR in speed while maintaining full functionality
> full functionality
So your burst rate for shooting with focus peaking and exposure preview enabled is like what?

How fast is your camera with a completely silent shutter?

You were also talking about Sony though? The $1.1k A6300 will do 11FPS with AF basically all across the frame.

It takes like a $6k DSLR before that feat is actually outclassed to a noticeable degree, and even then mostly because of details in subject tracking algorithms, not how well or fast the AF hits the places it is aiming at.
>>
>>2933959
Asking for a quick opinion.
Should I buy a OM-D EM1 body in a month or two, wait until the Mk2 drops and pick one up at a hopefully lower price, or just save for the EM2 Mk2?
>>
>>2933984
EM1 MkII, not EM2
>>
>>2931996
Anyone have experience fixing loose rubber grips?

Pic isn't mine, but I have the exact same problem (also with D800) and I know one more guy who has the same.

The rubber has expanded, should I cut it down to size or leave it as-is?
I've looked on Ali Express, and D800 replacement rubber is 36 euro whereas same piece for D700 is only 12 euro, so I rather not buy a replacement piece yet.

And for adhesive I should use dubber sided tape, right?
Any particular type/brand that's better than the average tape?

Camera SoftwareGoogle
PhotographerPicasa
Image Width1200
Image Height1200
>>
File: sz-500x500-dsc09772_e_85.jpg (79KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
sz-500x500-dsc09772_e_85.jpg
79KB, 500x333px
Ordered this badboy today. Looking forward to getting it. I live for low light shooting. Im hoping for an amazing experience shooting with this and my a7rii

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
PhotographerPaul F. Gero
Image Width4000
Image Height2668
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:02:25 22:18:14
Image Width1980
Image Height1321
>>
>>2934044
>he fell for the big lens on tiny body meme
>>
I've got an APS a6000, looking at lenses

should I presume all lenses are their FF equivalent? Been looking at a 30mm and 60mm but wouldn't they essentially be more like 50 and 80, therefore way narrower than the mm suggests?

I wanted a 19 to emulate a 35mm size but apparently it's not as good as the others
>>
>>2933951
> but is the D7200 the best Nikon crop body for someone who doesn't need the speed of a D500
Probably? It has still got the most features and overall best performance of APS-C bodies.

It isn't much better in low light than the lower-end bodies though, if that's the only determinant.

> is the A6000 comparable to a D7200
Yea, it is very comparable, despite the A6000 only costing half as much.

http://cameradecision.com/compare/Sony-Alpha-a6300-vs-Nikon-D7200

> since the A6300 is a couple thousand for the body?
It is $998 in the USA (Amazon, B&H, ...), virtually the same as the D7200, which is like $996 or something?
>>
File: DSCF3387-1.jpg (486KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF3387-1.jpg
486KB, 1000x667px
i copped this for 30€.
r8

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX-T10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.7 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.5
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)62 mm
Image Created2016:09:26 21:49:36
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/9.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/9.0
Brightness6.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length41.30 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2933999
They use spray adhesive to attach grips with.
>>
What's a cheap vintage ultra wide lens?
I can't find anything under 100$
>>
>>2934090
Probably the worst FD mount body, but it'll take photos.
>>
>>2934076
> should I presume all lenses are their FF equivalent?
No?

> Been looking at a 30mm and 60mm but wouldn't they essentially be more like 50 and 80, therefore way narrower than the mm suggests?
Their mm is correct but how they will look as compared to the same focal length on a bigger FF sensor is as though that FF sensor had been cropped in the center by 1.5x.

So yea, the APS-C lens with an equal FoV to a FF 50mm is a 33mm.

> I wanted a 19 to emulate a 35mm size but apparently it's not as good as the others
You mean the Sigma 19 f/2.8? It is the weakest of the three Sigma f/2.8 lenses (of which the best is as good as it gets in terms of sharpness by today's lens standards).

But it is still better than a typical APS-C kit zoom so many people use. Not a high standard, I know... but you didn't immediately dodge to a better FF lens, so I figure you're willing to compromise if you get a cheap lens?
>>
>>2934076
Your focal length doesn't appear different on APS, your FOV does.
You should get a 24mm lens if you want the FOV that a 35mm lens offers.
>>
>>2934098
>>So yea, the APS-C lens with an equal FoV to a FF 50mm is a 33mm.

I just don't see the point in having two standards. Shouldn't people just presume FF and call an APS-C 33mm a "33mm (50mm)"? since all APS ones are cropped

>You mean the Sigma 19 f/2.8?

Yes, the 30 and 60 seemed a bit too long and tight for my taste

I'm just on the kit 18-55 at the moment and I only want to get one more lens for now. a wider one seemed more usable all-round for me but if the 30 is close to 50 on an FF, which I presume was the "standard" format when talking about this, that I should get the 19
>>
>>2934095
"ultra wide lens" in eBay, sort by price.

It's basically all crap and you shouldn't buy it because it will probably look worse than one of the Chinese wide angle lens adapters stuck on your smartphone or a Yicam (which, by the way, you could buy under $100 with such a lens).
>>
>>2934108
>I just don't see the point in having two standards.
Then stop buying accessories for two lines you worthless gearfaggot
>>
>>2934108
> I just don't see the point in having two standards.
It's one thing. Focal length. There are not two standards.

You know, same thing as the camera's battery wattage not changing because a FF camera might shoot larger pictures in equal numbers and thus recording more pixels per watt.

If you stick a FF 30mm on an APS-C body, it's still a 30mm.

A smaller APS-C sensor mounted in the same distance relative to the lens just records in the center of the light circle relatively speaking, so it becomes a "45mm FF equivalent" shot.

> I should get the 19
This is a cheap lens and it superficially meets the few requirements you've stated so far, so why not...?

Arguably, your requirements WERE very vague.
>>
I see a lot of you guys on here recommending the Sony alpha line. Mainly the a6300 and a7. As someone who shoots with a cannon I am wondering if they are really that good? Or is mirror less a passing fad? I want to upgrade around thanksgiving-Christmas if I find a good deal and I see everyone raving about them.
>>
>>2933940
Well I got a copy of this chaps driving license and I phoned the company that he works that to find him answer the phone - legitimate company number/switchboard etc. I'm sceptical, assuming it's 100% working, it seems legitimate. hmmmm
>>
>>2934150
>Arguably, your requirements WERE very vague

I want one of the three sigmas, 19 30 and 60

I wanted it to be smaller than the 60, 30 seemed a good number but it's a "45mm FF equivalent". seemed tighter since it's getting cropped to begin with

it seems to me that FF is the original standard of picture focal lengths instead of something that's getting cropped 1.5 all the time, so therefore I wanted even shorter

People said the 30 is a better lens than the 19 but the FF thing made it seem even longer, and I don't want too long because I feel it would be restrictive for a lot of my shots

for example, I saw some 35mm FF shots and the level of FoV looked nice so I wanted to emulate it, instead of getting a 30mm on my APS and ending up with what would be 45 based on those pictures

if that makes sense
>>
>>2934157
> As someone who shoots with a cannon I am wondering if they are really that good?
Yes. For a few reasons.

They combine a good sensor with software that hasn't been fucked with (yet) to artificially create 3 layers of APS-C cameras that upmarket you into 4 layers of FF cameras.

Sony's sensor-making prowess also shows with them delivering basically the best on-sensor PDAF and the best low-light sensor offerings and generally very high quality sensors. It's ultimately what propelled them into direct competition with Nikon / Canon on FF / typical professional cameras, something which nobody else really did for a decade.

> Or is mirror less a passing fad?
No. It's probably the future.

Allows for far more AF points to be added cheaply, gets rid of the mirror (an extra part which can get dirty, can wear out or break), and allows for focusing at video frame rates or (not yet implemented) really fast photo bursts. Rates with which a mirror can't really keep up to meter AF in between, and more.
>>
>>2934108
>I just don't see the point in having two standards. Shouldn't people just presume FF and call an APS-C 33mm a "33mm (50mm)"? since all APS ones are cropped

Wow, you couldn't show your ignorance of photography harder if you tried.

Focal length is tied to exposure (what's the deal with that number for aperture again?), field of view isn't. This is true from 1/2.5" sensors all the way up to someone taking a panel van, painting emulsion on a 4'x8' plywood panel.
>>
>>2934165
It was more about me not understanding the requirements for this lens purchase.

Okay, I get that you want wide. However, why are the Sigmas you list fitting your requirements, and nothing else (say, a more expensive or a wider or slightly narrower lens)?

Do you just want another lens to try out -even if it overlaps in terms of FoV with what your kit lens can do? Sure, the 19mm should be fine then.
>>
>>2934168
Thanks for the breakdown
>>
>>2934177
>>2934168
May I ask what what canon your shooting with? I have an SL1 I'm itching to upgrade, Really hoping for some deals around black friday for an a6300
>>
>>2933934
You need a film pack to test it with, it uses the battery strip on sx-70 packs
I have about 8 of them, around 6 work.
>>
>>2934171
The Sigmas are half the price of the next e mounts, ascending price

I heard they're good. The kit lens might be able to do 19mm but it's not 2.8 or as sharp/generally well regarded

I just don't wanna make the wrong choice and wish that I got the one that's wider or narrower
>>
>>2933934
You could get another one from Shopgoodwill for the same price that it would take for you to fix your current one.
>>
>>2934177
By the way, to your other question: Yea, it might be an upgrade, particularly if you were using / going to use the lower-end APS-C that Nikon / Canon almost certainly fucked up intentionally ($15 or so in hardware savings plus a software nerf created the possibility for another $300 more expensive tier of cameras there...)

Also, the old A7 is not a camera I'd personally recommend. I'd personally rather take an A6000than it (A6300 is of course better, too, as are the A7 II and A7R II). I definitely want better AF.
>>
>>2934108
>Shouldn't people just presume FF and call an APS-C 33mm a "33mm (50mm)"? since all APS ones are cropped
They do, with point and shoot cameras.
With APS, m43, and full frame cameras, they list the actual focal length of the lens rather than the "focal length equivalency".
The math of multiplying a number by 1.5 is easier than advertising lenses at false focal lengths.
>>
>>2934185
I have the canon rebel t5. I like it a lot but have been getting really into taking photos to warrant me to splurge on a better one for Christmas. I was also drawn to the compactness of the Sony. It is also not the best with video.
>>
>>2934204
Pretty much the same boat as me. I'd love to keep the compactness of the SL1 and I get a semi-articulating screen, 11 fps burst opposed to my 4, 30% increase in megapixels, much better ISO performance, 4k video and 120fps 1080p, and I get an even wider lens selection with adapters.

I think its a reasonable upgrade considering my body is 3 years old and I've been using it for around a year.
>>
>>2934190
> The Sigmas are half the price of the next e mounts, ascending price
> I heard they're good.
They're good *for their price*, sure.

The 60mm f/2.8 and 30mm f/1.4 are actually good in a more broader comparison too, but you don't want these.

Still leaves you with a 19mm lens that is good for its price.

> I just don't wanna make the wrong choice and wish that I got the one that's wider or narrower
You could wait until you know from using your kit lens.

Or just buy&sell when you get to that point.
>>
>>2934213
Yeah pretty much the same. I really hope they run some sales around Black Friday
>>
>>2932792
Fuck yes.
17-40 is old piece of shit with soft as fuck edges
16-35 is much sharper and has less vignetting, and whats most important for wide angle, have even sharpness across all image.
People are swtching to it from 16-35 2.8 II, m8, it's that good
>>
>>2934165
I would get a 35mm lens and a speed booster, if I were you. That's the most accurate way to emulate 35mm FF on an aps-c body. The speed booster negates crop factor. You can find a manual focus 35mm lens cheap, and a zhongyi mk II focal reducer is only $150
>>
>>2932792
>>2934220
not him, but didnt canon anounce a third version of the 16-35 f/2.8?

may be worth it to wait if you need the extra stop. even so, maybe just wait so the price of the F/4 IS drops
>>
>>2934230
they did, but you must take fucking price into consideration
tamron 15-30 2.8 may be more adequate decision, if so, espically when it has IS and very close to 16-35 f4 perfomance
>>
Hey guys. I am just not getting into film/ cameras and purchased my first SLR- a Pentax K1000. I wanted to start with film to teach myself from the basics. I just got the camera and I have a question that im sure is very dumb but I thought id ask-

The pentax k1000 uses 35mm film and it came with a 50mm lens- I have been trying to find a 35mm lens online but the ones I find say that 35mm film esentially converts a 35mm lens into a 49mm lens- why is that, is that true?

Also I would love some general tips and what not. I am on the sticky its really great.
>>
File: cat.jpg (276KB, 467x749px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
276KB, 467x749px
>>2934204
>>2934213
The Panasonics might also be worth a look if you want video.

>>2934213
> 30% increase in megapixels
Yup, more opportunities to do random crops.

But also even slower LR, if you use that.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)90 mm
Image Created2016:09:26 23:42:30
Exposure Time1/750 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Brightness7.9 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length60.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
I want a walk around lens for my f mount, one of you fucks posts lovely shots on instagram using a tamron 70-300, am I spitten with gearfaggotry or is it as nice as it looks?

(I'm on a crop he's on a ff if it helps)
>>
>>2934232
There's clearly a lot of confusion about crop factors, but try to ignore that. 35mm film is the most standard format and also the sensor area of full frame digital cameras. A 50mm lens will give the same field of view on both, and is generally thought of as a "normal" lens: neither long nor wide. You can absolutely get a 35mm lens for your K1000, and it will me a slightly wide angle view.
>>
>>2934234
I'm like 90% stills 10% video

Yeah, lightroom is already slow as shit for 18mp. Although be it I'm using 5.6, I'd have to upgrade to atleast 6.0 to use a6300 raw files, I heard there was a performance boost.
>>
>>2934235
It's an average prosumer zoom lens. You're smitten by well composed, edited, and ultimately, downsized snapshits.
>>
>>2934240
Holy shit am I ever
>>
>>2934236
Thank you very much.
>>
>>2933984
s-someone?
>>
File: 28031739394_3680868097.jpg (78KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
28031739394_3680868097.jpg
78KB, 500x500px
>>2934044
>>
>>2934248
I couldn't answer this even if I cared more about Olympus.

But there always is a better camera coming on not dead systems (and even more rumors about how the unannounced cameras might be), so it's more of a question if what you can buy is a good improvement and sensible vs upgrading lenses or accessories.
>>
>>2933984
The Mk2 is, like most things mirrorless, a big jump in computational power. Faster, more advanced everything.

You're asking if you should buy an older camera and hope you're satisfied knowing you have "outdated" hardware/software, pony up for the latest and greatest, or sit in a dark room and cry while you hone your craft with the D70. By the time Mk2 prices drop, Mk3 will be on the horizon.

Personally, i'm doing option 3, trying to justify option 1, and option 2 isn't even in the cards.
>>
>>2934272
Planned on trying with the d70 until the mkii or mkiii comes out (and I can afford one). Would just be nice to have something newer. Would go for the mki if cheap enough.
>>
>the new g master is selling so well it is on three month backorder

Fuck.

I wish I had tve money to blow on lenses like this.
>>
>>2934312
Well, the 70-200mm f/4 has dipped in price quite a bit since the better f/2.8 came out.

Get the second best option or save up.
>>
>>2934316
It's what? Close to $1k now?

Wondering if it would be better to just get a Canon and adapt it instead.
>>
>>2934312
>the new g master is selling so well
It's selling well.

But the backorder isn't solely due to demand.
Long back-order and high pricing is usually indicator of them being hard to produce. A lot of glass is being discarded into the trashbin because they aren't meeting to tight tolerance levels. Hence high price and long back-order.
>>
>>2934318
> It's what? Close to $1k now?
Around 1.1k or so. Yea, fairly close.

> Wondering if it would be better to just get a Canon and adapt it instead.
Especially if you need a f/2.8, sure. It'll be a while until prices come down on that one, especially as long as it's still the best one on the market and both amateurs and pros want it.
>>
>>2934327
...or more likely, they don't just launch into manufacturing millions of units without getting a feel for actual demand first.
>>
>>2934335
That's normally taken care of in the pre-order phase.

This one is a manufacturing issue.
>>
>>2934335
No no...Japanese factories that are known for doing everything humanly possible to minimize quality rejections definitely are just hitting like a 25% pass rate.
>>
>>2934337
Fuck me, but you're stupid.
>>
>>2934338

It is actually made in Japan?

I expected Thailand or whatever.
>>
>>2934308
Remind me why you're not using a D7100 if you simply wanted a newer faster camera, or a EM5II or GX85 if you wanted to move to M43?

Or do you want M43 size and PDAF? The PDAF only sorta helps M43 lenses, and is mostly used for 43rds lenses.
>>
hey guys anyone here with mirrorless stuff have anything to say about sensors being prone to dust?

They shouldnt really be prone to dust that much more since there is no mirror mechanism to generate dust, and as long as you're careful when changing lenses in field you should be fine right?
>>
Is $800 Canadian a "don't pass up" deal for a 5D Mark ii? They seem to go for $1,000 USD ($1,300 CAN) on KEH. Guy claims the shutter count isn't high and the condition looks good.
>>
File: D3S_2855-1200.jpg (172KB, 1200x1035px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_2855-1200.jpg
172KB, 1200x1035px
is this the best compact ever or am i too easily impressed?

>>
>>2934438

>mirror mechanism to generate dust

lmao what
>>
>>2934438
no man they are terrible with dust
really, dust magnets.
the rotational velocidensity of the shutter pulverizes the condensed carbon particles around the air and they stick to your sensor.
i've had mirrorless camera sensors covered in carbon dust in as little as 4 months of heavy use, i had to get them professionally cleaned so they wouldn't get damaged
>>
>>2934438

I have an X-T1 with the 14mm and 56mm that I switch every time I go out and my sensor is spotless.
>>
>>2934438
I do fashion, product, and portrait work. My sony alpha sensor is fine and has never needed cleaning, I keep my cameras in good areas, and I never have to exchange lenses in a dirty area, so I can't speak for everyone
>>
>>2934449
It is the best
>>
File: 1462796594966.jpg (68KB, 604x453px) Image search: [Google]
1462796594966.jpg
68KB, 604x453px
>shoot a high resolution body
>literally every lens is ruined by chromabs now

why even bother
>>
>>2934490
>shoot on a7s
>can use any lens ever
Feels cheap man
>>
>>2934490
fgg fgg fgg

>shoot film era telephoto
>you can /see/ the chromabs in the viewfinder
why even bother
>>
File: DSC00193.jpg (186KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00193.jpg
186KB, 667x1000px
>>2934517
I tried out an old Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 with a 2x TC on my A7 at a recent air show and it was chromab city.

>>
>>2934537
>270 f5.6
Please tell me you rented a 70-200/4 at least
>>
>>2934490
PS/LR fix lateral cromabs quite well
>>
>>2934547
I've used Sony's in the past, but I didn't really have a need to rent it for the air show.
>>
>>2934392
>PDAF only sorta helps M43 lenses

In continuous focus mode, it helps A LOT.
Pens have blazing fast single AF, but once you try to track something across the frame they totally shit themselves.
>>
>>2934554

Yeah, but it bums me out that I have to.

Also, I've lost some non-chromab color due to the desaturation on a few images.
>>
File: medium format camera.png (1MB, 942x825px) Image search: [Google]
medium format camera.png
1MB, 942x825px
I've got a 1400mm f/1 catadioptric prime for my medium format mirrorless camera, but I'm looking for something a bit more portable, that I could use for wedding shoots and Instagram posts. Are there any good 50mm lenses with compatible mounts out there? Preferably ones with good bokeh.
>>
I am looking at buying something used on e-bay. It is an auction for an old lens
(early 80s) that is kinda hard to find.

This one is starting at a somewhat low price, and looks great in pictures/description. Even comes with box/hood/caps which nothing else seems to do. His reviews are all posiive except one negative bitching about him refusing to ship to a po box.

How likely am I to get burned with e-bay?
>>
>>2934653
>I've got a 1400mm f/1 catadioptric prime for my medium format mirrorless camera
does it good bokeh??
>>
is there any purpose of going ff over mid or m43 now?
>>
>>2934438
The A6000 has that de-dust routine in the body, too.

But hey, I shoot primes and I did already clean the sensor 'cause of it. ''twas so hard, had to like, take a sensor swab then a microfiber towel, and gently rub.
>>
>>2934679
well it's catadioptric so presumably no.
>>
>>2934392
I wanted something a tad smaller, so the m43 frame seems really nice.
When i first saw the OM-D I fell in love.
Why go for the GX85 over an Oly?

Also looking for something to last forever too, never really considered even dropping that kind of money on a camera until the last few days.
>>
>>2934751
> looking for something to last forever
Maybe it doesn't easily break, but eventually the storage mediums, ports, batteries, WLAN protocols, smartphone companion apps... could fall out of use or only support newer stuff. Plus 16MP on that old sensor will probably seem like shit at some point.

I'd suggest to plan for like 5-6 years renewal periods. You probably can use the camera longer. But if this is a hobby you're gonna spend time on, I'd not regard it as a given that you use that body even that long.

> never really considered even dropping that kind of money on a camera until the last few days
It's a typical photography-as-hobby expense anyhow. You're certainly not yet on the high end of that, or in the average gear expense range for a professional.
>>
>>2934759
Oh I'm used to expensive hobbies(audio, guns, fashion etc), but it sucks as a poor fag.
>>
>>2934751
Yeah they're nice. The Olympus models do better for customization. I'd take a GX85 over a EM5II, but the EM1 is still in a class of its own. You'll want to find some nice 4/3rds lenses for the best PDAF performance though. Doesn't really matter if it doesn't have the latest hardware/software, it worked fine when it came out and it will still work fine today and tomorrow. Just get it on a good sale, there's not much to regret.
>>2934681
Wide angle
Gear fagging
Pretending to be cool on /p/
The final word in low light performance in an easily portable body
Sikk arm and back gains from hauling a 200-500+D810 for 8 hours
>>
File: Xiaomi_Yi_M1.jpg (49KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Xiaomi_Yi_M1.jpg
49KB, 800x450px
>>2934762
Most poorfags get marketed to because they will find money somehow anyhow if you make them want something, heh. Might come off your fashion and gun expenses, though.

OTOH if it's a burden, consider if the A6000 or the Yi M1 (the latter is not yet available even at inflated prices, but often it just took a month for Xiaomi gear) couldn't do the job. If you have money to spare, more lenses for you, eh.
>>
>>2934766
the a6000 hadn't even crossed my mind, thanks!
And my guns were cheapish (havent spent over $600 on the gun alone).
>>2934764
Yea, was aiming for the EM1 or waiting for the EM1MKii.

Was looking at the Panasonic 25mm 1.7 prime for a normal lense, and been looking around at zoom lenses as well.
>>
>>2934235
I rented it and it was not great on crop. But you can hardly do any better without spending double or triple. I'd say buy it and return it if you hate it.
>>
Fucking FINALLY.
http://www.digitalrev.com/article/sigma-plans-to-make-autofocus-lenses-for-full-frame-sony-e-mount
>>
>>2934771
Think about it this way: all you need a camera to do is focus, meter, take a picture, and have the controls to facilitate this. The EM1 does all of this proficiently. Can you justify double the cost of a Mk2 or not for your snapshittery?
>>
>>2934260
i dont jizz on my camera
>>
>>2934812

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Image Created2012:10:04 14:16:21
Image Width733
Image Height498
>>
>>2934800
Justifying costs isn't that hard to do with certain things. And having the improved sensor would be nice.
>>
>>2934818
If you're not rolling in cash, a quickly deprecated camera body with incremental (albeit better than DSLRs) improvements that you don't use to make money can be hard to justify.

Excuse me, my poorfag is showing.
>>
File: 03879_forlornkeel_2560x1600.jpg (3MB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
03879_forlornkeel_2560x1600.jpg
3MB, 2560x1600px
Is anyone able to advise on a decent iPhone 6 dashboard mount?

I'm going away next week and will be hiring a car in southern Spain and would like to record some footage of my drives through the mountains. Any advice appreciated. I don't want to spend too much but any ideas are welcome.

pic not related

Camera ModelNIKON D600
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Color Filter Array Pattern930
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)16 mm
Image Width6000
Image Height3750
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2015:04:06 19:42:44
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length16.00 mm
Image Width2560
Image Height1600
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: lens2.jpg (223KB, 1200x797px) Image search: [Google]
lens2.jpg
223KB, 1200x797px
How dumb would it be to get this for Zenit 12?

Camera ModelNIKON D90
Camera SoftwareVer.1.00
PhotographerPicasa
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Color Filter Array Pattern982
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)66 mm
Image Created2016:09:21 13:21:02
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/40 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceFlash
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Detected
Focal Length44.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height797
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Unique Image ID7b40ceea75ca6cbd9c0492d41ea63ba1
ISO Speed Used200
Image QualityBASIC
White BalanceFLASH
Focus ModeMANUAL
Flash SettingNORMAL
Auto Flash ModeBuilt-in,TTL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested200
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
Lens TypeNikon D Series
Lens Range28.0 - 80.0 mm; f/3.3 - f/5.6
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations48154
>>
>>2934870
For the same money for a good stable mount you could get a Xiaomi Yi actioncam with all the necessary accessories to record your driving.
>>
I do portraits as a low-key hobby and I want to upgrade from my T1i to a camera that has native wireless control for remote flash.

I can't decide between the T3i, T5, T5i, T6, and T6i. I have a chunk of change set aside and could afford the more recent models, but don't want to buy a more recent model unless it's meaningfully better. Is the depth-of-field preview on the T3i/T5i/T6/T6i useful? Are the upped max ISO and focal points on the T6i a significant improvement over its predecessors? Thoughts overall?
>>
>>2934903
Get a used 60D, mate. A plastic rebel is not a big upgrade even from a T1i, a 60D will cost you the same and get you a much much nicer system to serve you for a few years.
>>
File: YongNuo_YN660_b.jpg (153KB, 640x520px) Image search: [Google]
YongNuo_YN660_b.jpg
153KB, 640x520px
>>2934903
> native wireless control
Just use a 560TX. Only requires an ISO hotshoe, and the flash system is good and cheap.
>>
I'm using a Nikon F3 right now but want a digital set up as film is costing me an arm and leg. What's the digital equivalent to the F3?

I only have one lens (50mm 1.8) so not necessarily glued to Nikon. The F3 is just so easy to use and get good results with. Also the vintage look/feel is sexy af. I'm thinking Fujifilm X-Series?

/P/ee on me m8's
>>
>>2934972
Nikon Df
>>
>>2934972
Any Nikon above the 3X00 and 5X00 can use AI F mount lenses so just go with whatever fits your budget.
>>
>>2932116
Yes
>>
>>2934835
That's the same for any tech based hobby, it's a cost you learn to suck up. If you want a hobby where you can somewhat decent returns on used goods try guns. I'm a poorfag myself.
>>
>>2934980
forgot to mention I'm a poorfag, so <$800ish would be my budget, including a lens or 2.

Thx for the recommendation tho senpai
>>
>>2934983
I've used the D3200 and am not diggin the size of those cameras. I know the F3 is pretty big too but I like that it's slim and flat, if that makes sense. Basically looking for something like a Fuji x100t or xseries that is low key. Are there other systems that have a vintage film look but are digital?
>>
File: FUJIFILM (3 of 1).jpg (805KB, 931x1395px) Image search: [Google]
FUJIFILM (3 of 1).jpg
805KB, 931x1395px
>>2935008
The Fujifilm X series obviously, and I've had people say that my A7 looks vintage for whatever reason. That's pretty much it, disregarding oddities like the Nikon DF and Pentax MX-1.

You can also adapt your Nikon lenses to either system so that's a plus.

Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image Width931
Image Height1395
>>
>>2935015
I was just looking at the x-series site but I don't know the difference in all of these cameras. I like the simplicity of the x100t because you don't have to fiddle around with lenses but at the same time it's more limiting. I also like the evf hybrid. Any recommendations on an interchangeable lens from Fuji? The Xpro just looks like it's a bit much for me but desu I've only done research on the x100 series so far.
>>
>>2935006
Pentax K-S2, kit lens and DA 35/2.4
>>
>>2935006
Fuji X-E2, X-Pro1, or X-T10.
>>
>>2935025
X series is simole.

Like being able to autofocus decently fast? Get an X-T2.

Don't mind slow as balls autofocus? Get anything else.
>>
>>2932598
Cool
>>
>>2935037
>>2935048
So I'm looking at the X-T10, X-T1 (T2 is too expensive) or the X100T...

Xt1 is weather sealed which is nice cuz I'm in Seattle and it rains a lot. But I like how small the XT10 is. Also the X100T but I feel like I'll eventually feel limited from a fixed lens, although I've been using just a 50mm prime on my F3 for a year and am still loving it.

Is the autofocus really that slow on these?
>>
>>2935605

Yes, pretty slow.

A solid step behind any other mirrorless.

The X-T2 is actually just as fast if not faster than the a6300.
>>
>>2935605
>Is the autofocus really that slow on these?
Painfully slow and inaccurate when compared to any other consumer camera from the same couple of years.
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 51

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.