[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Need advice.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (68KB, 2048x1053px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68KB, 2048x1053px
Hey everyone, new to this thread but I've been a photographer for a while, mostly freelance, shoot a lot of landscape images and action sports.

My current setup consists of:
- Canon 6D
- 24-105mm f/4L
- Rokinon 14mm f/2.8
- Canon 50mm f/1.8
- Canon 100mm f/2.8
- Canon 70-300mm f/4

I shoot with these lenses which are mostly good quality glass, especially the L series lens I do have.

A problem I'm running into is when I'm shooting anything I go to do some work after in Lightroom, and there's always a weird look to my photos. They don't seem sharp. Also I shoot raw. When I open the photo in LR and click on it, it looks a certain way and then it changes a second later and it's less vivid and seems worse and I don't know if anyone knows what I'm talking about but I'm not getting the look I want for my images most of the time. Keep in mind I've been shooting for a long time my camera settings and focus are always the first thing I make sure are perfect. I just feel like it's something to do with my export settings or something but I've done quite a lot of experimenting.

Pic is some of my work.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width2048
Image Height1053
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
K.
>>
>>2927011
That could be just how raw files look like, you do have to do some post work on them. Try shooting in jpeg with different profiles and see if the problem is still there. Maybe you should invest on learning post processing. Nice pic btw
>>
>>2927011
It's probably showing the jpg for a second (jpg information from the camera is stored in the raw file even if you shoot just raw). Shoot raw+jpg and compare them.

The raw file untouched has no sharpening, contrast, saturation etc. added so will appear soft and drab looking. I usually add a preset to the raws to get something near what I want, then play about with them.

I'm no expert though and could be completely wrong.
>>
>>2927011
Maybe lens correction? Try to correct your images in Lightroom with lens and camera profiles
>>
Why don't you try posting a pic of the problem
>>
In my experience the 24-105 f4L can make unsharp photos, especially wide open. I am not sure but I suspect the autofocus or image stabilization not working correctly.
Try shooting the same scene with auto and manual focusing and with IS turned on and off and compare results.
>>
>>2927056
what this anon said. it shows the jpg settings, then it reverts to raw, loads the colour space, presets, etc...
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.