[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Solarography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: non-latent-1.jpg (188KB, 999x799px) Image search: [Google]
non-latent-1.jpg
188KB, 999x799px
So, here's a non-latent 3 day long test exposure using a little box camera that I built. The box camera uses an enlarger lens and 4x5 film holders.

What should I shoot next? What would be interesting with a couple week long exposure?
>>
File: non-latent-cellphone-pic.jpg (274KB, 987x738px) Image search: [Google]
non-latent-cellphone-pic.jpg
274KB, 987x738px
>>2926603
Here's a snapshit of the room.
>>
File: raw-non-latent.jpg (106KB, 999x763px) Image search: [Google]
raw-non-latent.jpg
106KB, 999x763px
And finally, here's the raw paper straight from the camera.
>>
self portrait would be the only interesting photo desu
>>
>>2926603
Can you explain the process a bit more? why does it take 3 days and how do you accurately calculate exposures?
>>
>>2926630
Typically with film/paper you create a latent image, that needs to be chemically processed to become visible. If you WAY overexpose film/paper it creates a visible image directly. Wikipedia's article on latent images goes into it a little bit.

It's really hard to overexpose these images. This one was somewhat underexposed, so maybe a couple weeks would be better. So, there's not really overexposure, but there is underexposure.

Anyway, you shoot the picture, then in a dark room, you take the film/paper out of the camera/film holder, and scan it. No chemical processing required.
>>
>>2926603
>What would be interesting with a couple week long exposure?

Something with stable, permanent elements and ones that change on a fixed pattern. I.e. a busy parking lot - the parking lines/street lanterns will be sharp but each parking spot will be a blob of all the cars parked there daily. dunno, stuff like that.
>>
>>2926603
>What would be interesting with a couple week long exposure?

plants or fungus growing.
>>
>>2926893
Could be interesting to also shoot a lot where some spots are reserved for specific cars.
>>
>>2926603

shoot the entrance of a subway, ala titarenko.
>>
>>2926893
>>2926907
Unless OP lives right next to one of these locations I can't see how it would be possible, considering he's wanting to do a week long exposure. You can guarantee after a week of being left in public it's either going to be fucked with, broken or stolen.
>>
>>2926913
>can't see how it would be possible

then OP has a challenge, that if accomplished, he will emerge as a better photographer

but no, god forbid OP has to solve shit, better he solargraphies his fucking cats in the kitchen, less risk there amirite?
>>
>>2926920
You're getting a little too worked up there fella
>>
>>2926926

nothing irks me more than mediocrity.
>>
>>2926927
>nothing irks me more than mediocrity.
That must suck. You know, considering that you're you and all.
>>
>>2926913
Lol someone in my area attached a box camera like this to the bottom of an overpass. People saw it and reported it, thinking it was a bomb, so a SWAT team came and tore it apart.
>>
>>2926899
this
>>
>>2927064
Something exactly like this, and the time that Adult Swim put up little LED signs all across Boston for a guerrilla marketing campaign sprung to mind as the consequences of putting a small black box or cylinder on a pole or other structure.

>>2926899
This sounds like a cool idea though
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.