[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did that iggy charlatan ever make the book or just disappear?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 113
Thread images: 10

Did that iggy charlatan ever make the book or just disappear?
>>
last I heard he went to berlin to make records with some english faggot or something
>>
Was stabbed during the olympics

RIP In Peace
>>
>>2921709

there's that unfunny meme again. now tell us about le killer mail order bride once more.
>>
>>2921707

last i heard he was working in a textile factory in sri lanka
>>
File: Capture.png (32KB, 1454x467px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
32KB, 1454x467px
>>2921707
>make book
>months late
>no one buys it
>>
>>2921826
Was this the book where every photo submitted went in? I don't remember it being released but sounded shit
>>
>>2921858
Yes.
>>
>>2921826

I thought it was irrelevant if it did money or not.
>>
>>2921867
It is irrelevant.

However, blurb removes a book if no one buys a copy in a certain timeframe.
>>
>>2921867
This >>2921877
>>
>>2921877
>>2921879

Then uncurated was a bad idea from the start.
>>
>>2921887
Of course it was, everyone said so in the original thread.

It was only uncurated to silence the anons that were bitching about their images not getting into previous books (because, obviously, those images weren't very good).
>>
desu uncurated makes the book very costly too. I think the softcover came out to like 60 dollars.
>>
>>2921891
>It was only uncurated to silence the anons that were bitching about their images not getting into previous books

Who thought appeasing to bad photographers would bring anything good? They are the same type of people who never buy books, so whats the deal there?
>>
>>2921896
Mistakes were made.

Most of the criticism in previous books came from the fact that they though the curators were circlejerking trips, while forgetting that anyone could apply to be a curator.
>>
Iggy is not one person. Iggy is an idea, a representation of an hero. Iggy had to disappear, for /p/ city needs this hero, but it's not the one they deserve.
>>
>>2921887
to be fair, we also had a book with a voting system and that was just trolled to death
>>
>>2921903

Thats because democracy is a mistake.

We need only one curator, but a good one. Imagine a book curated by Alphon, carlos or miki.
>>
>>2921894
wtf is this desu shit, I didn't write that.
>>
>>2921908
t b h = desu
>>
>>2921910
wtf why
>>
>>2921916
hiromoot faggotry

f a m = senpai
>>
Anyone who wanted a curated book is trying their hardest to be a big fish in a small pond.

uncurated is by far the most 4chan by nature. maybe you guys would be more comfortable on a website where you can cultivate a persona and feed your ego more efficiently.
>>
>>2921919
Moot did those filters before he sold
>>
>>2921926

no he didn't.
>>
>>2921925
Wrong. Photography is inherently curated.

You do so everytime you choose what photos to trash, and which ones to edit and show others. Why wouldn't you do the same for a group of photos in a book.

>you guys would be more comfortable on a website where you can cultivate a persona and feed your ego more efficiently.

Nah
>>
Why are you not happy it's uncurated? You would never get in otherwise.
>>
>>2921951
Nice projection. My photos have been on at least two books, if I remember correctly
>>
>>2921887

But everyone gets a trophy, Anon.
>>
>>2921953
Your mum must be so proud
>>
>>2921961
Yes she is. She always tells me I'm her favorite photographer. And you know mothers always tell the truth
>>
>>2921916
>>2921908
>>2921894
>>2921879
>>2921863
>>2921826

this isnt really iggy u fucks
>>
>>2922021
It is me, I finally got wifi in my yacht.
>>
>>2921946

Self-curation =/= curation by others.

By your logic, the book already is curated, since people are choosing which photos to submit.
>>
pdf

mediafire . com/download/v8memfvjoeav3ua/p_2015.pdf
>>
>>2922102
what am I looking at? did everyone shoot their photos on an X100? this quality is fucking terrible.
>>
>>2922106
That's the quality of the pdf I can get out of the blurb software, for the real pdf, someone has to buy it and upload it.

>did everyone shoot their photos on an X100? this quality is fucking terrible.
Don't trigger me.
>>
File: 1213841779552.png (50KB, 477x480px) Image search: [Google]
1213841779552.png
50KB, 477x480px
> mfw i didn't even make it into the uncurated one.
>>
>>2922146
I got both of mine.
>>
>>2922146
post what you sent, pretty sure I put everything in.
>>
Hey guys! When are we doing this book thing again?
>>
>>2922176
In January.
>>
>>2922178
Mmm. Are you going to be "in charge" again? :/
>>
>>2922185
feel free to take charge of it yourself
>>
>>2922215

Not interested.
>>
>>2922220
don't bitch about people putting their free time into a community project then. Given the circumstances, its 100% understandable that iggy dropped off and took half a year to finish it.

Its worst than a thankless task, its a task where you invest time and effort for most people to bitch and whine, whether its done fast or slow, whether its curated or not.
>>
>>2922223
>worst
worse*
>>
>>2921707
>Le Iggy
So basically you took a month or more to put the photos together. Failed to tell anyone it was available despite numerous "where the fuck is the book" threads over the ensuing several months, during which you just vanish until after you get notification that it's been deleted, whereupon you return to discuss the shortcomings of un-curated books.

Just wow.
It's almost like you *tried* to sabotage it.
>>
>>2922252
eggy is in charge of all future p books
>>
>>2922252
>Le mad eggy

Why don't you do next years book, in your own special way?
>>
>>2922252
Also where did I discuss the shortcomings? you mean where I mentioned the price?
>>
>>2922255

yeah, everything else he's done for the board has been a real peach.
>>
>>2921903
That book was a fucking embarrassment though, so who cares
>>
>>2921826
>no one buys it
See >>>>2922252. How the fuck are we supposed to buy a book we didn't even know existed?
>>
>>2922258
This isn't mad.
This is contempt for churlish bullshit.
If you aren't going to finish what you started then don't tell us you'll do it at all.
>>2922257
>next years book
There is no THIS year's book, you little bitch.
>your own special way?
Found your problem. You presume it requires anything more than systematically inserting images into pages, adding photographer names and releasing it immediately after some error checking.

Also; I had planned to volunteer in the traditional book month of march, but you had already claimed it.
>>
this thread just got

D R A M A T I C
R
A
M
A
T
I
C
>>
>>2922264
I linked it in another book thread, wasn't a "p book thread" but it was share good books thread.
I guess no one is interested as even so far in this thread no one has asked me to link the book or reupload it.

>>2922267
>If you aren't going to finish what you started then don't tell us you'll do it at all.
It is finished though, so what are you babbling about?

>There is no THIS year's book, you little bitch.
There is one for this year...

>Also; I had planned to volunteer in the traditional book month of march, but you had already claimed it.
Huh?

>>2922268
Eggy shits up every single book thread, it's nothing new.
>>
>>2922269
>links
>re-uploaded
>finished
>is one
Links ... post them.
Book printing source... list it.
We shouldn't need to ask your passive aggressive ass for them. FFS
>>
>>2922269
>hiding it another thread
>not creating a dedicated /p/ book thread
Come on Iggy, that's some bullshit and you know it
>>
>>2922271
You should read the thread first >>2922102
>>
>>2922273
Hiding? maybe, it's not like the thread reached more than 50 posts. yet no one mentioned or made a fuss about it.

I'll reupload the book tonight and post link tomorrow either way.
>>
>mfw i called iggy several times "unaccountable manchild"
>mfw thats the best description ever for him

So you make the book and obscure the location and existence of the pdf for a whole year and then come out and say "OH LADS THEY TOOK IT DOWN"?

Thats a class act, you piece of shit.
>>
>>2922269

you pasted the link in a share good books thread?

WHAT A RUSEMAN
>>
>>2922280
>for a whole year
>was supposed to release in march

>obscure the location and existence of the pdf
>post links to both, no one bothers with them

>50 posts in this thread and no one asked for a reupload or link
>>
So this guy hijacked the book and mantained secret its existence until today? And never responded to the several threads asking for the book? And simultaneously sabotaged the curated book project?

I hope you are all aware that "trips that dont post anymore" are the cancer that killed this board.
>>
>>2922285
>hijacked
lol

>And simultaneously sabotaged the curated book project?
LOL, how did I do that exactly?
>>
File: P8ilx0e.gif.jpg (66KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
P8ilx0e.gif.jpg
66KB, 480x270px
>>2922275
Oh I saw that.
As far as /p/ photobooks go, those aren't a bad selection of random images.
But your astounding timing, unusual silence till now, and conspicuous absence of the ability to buy an actual, physical book... is what's most at issue here.
You failed. And now you are being sassy about it.
>>
>>2922289
who the fuck are you. Your trip is familiar, isi?
>>
>>2922280
> whole year
The datestamp on my submission is 2016-01-11, so it's been at least since then. Not a year per se, but given that the book typically happens in march... it's still long overdue.
>>
>>2922291
Yes.
I
am
Isi
>>
>>2922289
>But your astounding timing, unusual silence till now
Yes, I'm not saying it was okay to do that. but I have my reasons as to why it took a couple of months longer to finish the book.
The whole time delivery is a courtesy to you guys, and after 2 books delivered somewhat on time (2014 was 20 days late). Sorry it took so long, but yeah.

>conspicuous absence of the ability to buy an actual, physical book
Dude, I live in Brazil. The economy is shit and the book is like 60 dollars, which would cost roughly $216 reais without shipping and that's way too much for me.
>>
>>2922297
> that's way too much for me.

Functioning as an adult is too evidently.
a) It's not about you.
b) So then don't interfere with something you never gave a fuck about.

Holy shit I'm stunned I even need to say that.
It's like talking to an alcohol damaged 12 year old.
>>
what a thread
>>
>>2922300
Lol. Seriously though, why are you always so mad?
>>
>>2922297

Iggy but the fucking problem here is you did not even make a modicum of effort to let us know that it was released. If you think that posting within a "book share" thread is adequate then you must really be retarded or don't understand how this board works - and i know it's not the ladder, youre an established trip
>>
OK, so lets set aside the crucifixion, and see what is recoverable.
Do you have a local copy of the book in it's original format and full size stored locally? Or did blurb force you to do it all online?

Do you still have all of the original images people submitted to you?
>>
>>2922300
>Functioning as an adult is too evidently.
>It's like talking to an alcohol damaged 12 year old.

holy shit lmao eggy aint fooling around tonight. hue is getting raped hardcore.
>>
File: 1467087626603.jpg (65KB, 411x412px) Image search: [Google]
1467087626603.jpg
65KB, 411x412px
>>2922303
>and i know it's not the ladder
>ladder
>>
>>2922307
autocorrect im on my phone i typed later
>>
>>2922303
> youre an established trip
I posted mediocre photos from 2011-2014 (maybe 2015?), pls

>you did not even make a modicum of effort to let us know that it was released.
True, desu I was more surprised when no one picked up the information and made their own threads which was my intent.

>>2922305
>Do you have a local copy of the book in it's original format and full size stored locally? Or did blurb force you to do it all online?
I already posted the PDF, blurb only let's you have the full size/original quality pdf if you buy it from the store.

>Do you still have all of the original images people submitted to you?
Yes.

>>2922306
;____;
>>
>>2922303
>youre an established trip

wew lad. you know there's no barrier of entry to being a tripfag, right?
>>
>>2922309
If you were to zip all of the images up how big is the resulting file?
Do yo have all the photographers names in copypastable text format?
>>
>>2922311
681MB and each file has a number and name attached.
>>
File: 53635675.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
53635675.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>2922309
>I posted mediocre photos from 2011-2014 (maybe 2015?)
>mfw one of the most hated trips is imploding live in prime time

what a time to be alive.
>>
>>2922313
May your popcorn be hot, salty and buttery.
>>
>>2922312
Can you upload it somewhere secure and EMAIL me the link? (NOT a public release of all the originals)
My upload bandwidth is shithouse, so maybe that's a hassle for you to do also. But I can download that relatively easily.
Sound feasible?
>>
>>2922315
Sure, it'll take more forever though. I'm gonna upload the book tonight as I sleep, and tomorrow night I can upload that and send it to you by monday.
Although I don't have the emails in my inbox anymore, so please send me an email so I can reply to that on monday with the link.

Pls send dirty words.
>>
Caveat Emptor:
I'm not saying I'll actually do it, the software blurb makes me use may be beyond my level of bullshit tolerance... or desire to fuck around in wine....
But I'm considering the logistics.
>>
Also:
Why are some of the images not completely filling the page? Because the person submitted an image smaller than what blurb wants to fill that space.. right?
>>
>>2922319
>I'm not saying I'll actually do it
>>
>>2922314

its pizza and orange crush in fact, this show is top notch. keep it up guys.
>>
>>2922319

Australia emptor: no one actually wants you to make a book. You've proven time and time again that design and aesthetics are beyond your ken.
>>
>>2922323
I make a point to always assess how much shit is in someone elses shit sandwich before I even try to be helpful.
>>
>>2922319
>I'm not saying I'll actually do it,

Its alright, Eggy. If you can sort out something good from this mess, its all good. At least someone competent is taking over now.
>>
File: Untitled.png (23KB, 254x208px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
23KB, 254x208px
>>2922322
Yes, there's a reason I specifically asked for pictures larger than 1900px. Some guys never responded back, and others I was able to fix.
>>
>>2922328

thats some real snapshit.
>>
>>2922328
Righto.
So assuming that 1900px is actually the size required by whatever application blurb is going to try to choke-feed me into using...
Everyone who's image looks a bit small in the existing pdf
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v8memfvjoeav3ua/p+2015.pdf
...should prepare a 1900px version... and *IF* I manage to leverage the mac software into my linux system... and make it work (tinkering with that now).....at some point I'll ask all your smallfimageags to email me a bigger version.
Not yet! Maybe later. Just dust it off and have it ready.
>>
>>2922325
>Australia emptor
kek
>>
File: 2016-09-11--17-08-41.png (349KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-09-11--17-08-41.png
349KB, 1920x1080px
Tolerance for fucking around with older java distributions... almost exhausted..
and then..

I want to believe.
>>
>>2922412
jesus christ m8 thats an abomination of a DE
>>
>>2922328
>>2922329

Fuck off that was my photo. I intentionally submitted a smaller version because of the shitty quality of the scan, it looks better with more negative space around it anyway I think
>>
>>2922728
Your photo's shit
>>
>>2922728
this is exactly why p books need curation, you need to weed out the participants that are a) too lazy to submit their photos at adequate resolution or b) too new to take a photo of any worth.
>>
>>2922269

cool lies bro.
>>
>>2922267
>If you aren't going to finish what you started then don't tell us you'll do it at all.

>>2922319
>I'm not saying I'll actually do it

classic.
>>
>>2923033

>guilt trips and roasts guy
>then asks for all the material to make things good for once
>ends saying "this is only for research purposes okay"

it was a great punchline, dont deny it.
>>
>>2923043
It was dependent on the software being useable.
It is.
However since then Iggy has magically made the book available, AND he actually told someone this time.
>>
I mostly lurk, but if you can find a way to give me the photos at their maximum size, I can build you a high-res version. I dabble in graphic design and have access to InDesign.

That said, it's only under the condition that I'm going to make a page-by-page copy of whatever Iggy has cooked up, except I might just change the font and fix the typography a bit because it is ugly, but so is the cover.
>>
>>2923121
P.S. For those who sent you subpar resolution, I will resize with nearest neighbours and let it be blocky and ugly—that's what you get for sending in a low res image for print.
>>
>>2923121
Forget it. It's done.
I was offering the same thing you just did: to reassemble the book. But apparently Iggy has now pulled it out of his ass and it's available.
>>>2922684
>>
File: iggles-50.jpg (435KB, 1000x666px) Image search: [Google]
iggles-50.jpg
435KB, 1000x666px
>>2922163
we had this before. i resent it via email, you then gave me confirmation you got it, its still not in. but meh.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:09:13 14:22:19
>>
>>2923959
Shit looks like a painting, in a good way tho
Thread posts: 113
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.