[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want a film scanner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (708KB, 1024x1365px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
708KB, 1024x1365px
Sup /p/, long time no talk. How's everything been?

Anyway, I have Mikey's Pentax 6x7 (which according to the serial number is very, very old) and finally got a battery for it. I like shooting with it so I want to start using it more, but that means I'm in the market for a scanner that can scan 120 film. I was looking at the canoscan 9000f mkII or the Epson V600. Anyone here use either of those? Any feedback or recommendations? If it's a significantly worthy upgrade I will hold out and save up for something better like an Epson v800, but I don't have the budget for it right now.

Most of my prints won't be larger than 13x19 but I'd like to be able to go larger. Currently I make prints that size from my D700 images which I'm happy with.

And here's some old photo I took that I've probably posted here before.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerJohn Lemieux
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
>>
I have a V500, and I think it's great.
Can't complain about the imagine quality or the software. The film holder never gave me any grief either.
>>
>>2920572
lay off the clarity slider boss, that haloing is horrible.
>>
>>2920582

I did one the other way and I didn't like it as much. Not here for image critiques.

>>2920577
Thanks
>>
File: image.jpg (178KB, 333x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
178KB, 333x500px
>>2920582
Here's an older version

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerJohn Lemieux
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width333
Image Height500
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2920572
Braun FS-120 if you must have a dedicated scanner for relatively cheap.

But I actually suggest you continue DSLR scanning! It's faster and maybe better if you do it ~right with decent gear.

> Currently I make prints that size from my D700 images which I'm happy with.
Good. Take two shots with a good lens, let your computer stitch, process. Now you have an image that should be printable ~twice as big (stitching overlap takes some resolution of course)...?

Where is the problem?
>>
>>2920600

I've never DSLR scanned, I meant that I make prints that size of photos I've taken with my d700.
>>
>>2920572
If you need to post scans on the web and make medium sized prints, V600 will do absolutely fine. Prints larger than 13x19 or very high contrast B&W negs is where the difference between V600 and V7x0/V8x0 might start to become visible, but since you're satisfied with 12 MP digital shots, you probably aren't anal enough about quality to really notice it.

If you're technically minded, you could always try your hand at stitched DSLR scans, but a D700 is a bad choice for that.
>>
>>2920783
Ah. Well, then "scan" with a sharp lens.

Works something like light from below, diffuser, glass plate (can be Ikea glass image frame), negative, something transparent to press the negative down (can be Ikea plastic image frame), DSLR above.

Shoot it with as many shots as you want for your desired resolution, then process in LR or PS (with colorperfect) or whatever you want.

If you need the shots stitched together with assistance, PTGui or Hugin or some PS tools can do that.

With a good lens, the result will be much better than on a shitty scanner.
>>
v600 is more than alright.

discard DLSR scan shills.
>>
>>2920835
I use a v600 myself and I hate DLSR shills myself, but for large prints I would still recommend DSLR scanning desu
>>
>>2920584
>Not here for image critiques.

you should be, cuz that shit sucks. you might learn something.
>>
>>2920891

Yeah, I've never had /p/ critique my shit before....
>>
>>2920835
>>2920841

Thanks. If I want to go larger than 13x19 I can always scan at my local lab.
>>
>>2920916

We did, but you were just as flippant and arrogant about it back then.
>>
>>2920572
I have the model under the >Epson V600 i think its the model under anyway. But I love it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.