[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Events - Birthdays, weddings, orgies, corporate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_4565.jpg (238KB, 850x567px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4565.jpg
238KB, 850x567px
A friend of a friend asked me if I was willing to shoot his wife's birthday, I've never done it before, and I was wondering if /p/ could enlighten me, to see if its my kind of thing.

I would also like to know if there is like a photo list (kinda like that wedding checklist that pops about every once in a while)

Also, feel free to ask or share any other thing about videography or photography for events.
>>
Early morning bunp
>>
>>2919860
> A friend of a friend asked me if I was willing to shoot his wife's birthday, I've never done it before, and I was wondering if /p/ could enlighten me, to see if its my kind of thing.
How would I know if you'd have fun while shooting a birthday party?

If you want to know if you will do it to a good standard as you are equipped now, the answer is no.
Someone with good lenses and good lighting equipment and a bunch of routines in a bunch of situations doesn't have to ask.
It doesn't require much at all to get there (a few thousand dollars, plus a bunch of hours working out how to reliably do your preferred setups or learning how the equipment works), but you don't have it. Or you'd not have to ask like this.
>>
>>2919974
Kek. Complete tard

>I usually shoot wildlife. My friend asked me to take photos of his car, does anyone have any tips.

No faggot, you can only shot one thing in your life.
>>
What sort of event is it? Sit down dinner? Cocktails? Lebanese dance event in the function centre of a halal hookah restaurant? House party?

I have shot all of the above and event photography must be the easiest thing to do ever, especially if you have equipment to suit it. Camera obviously doesn't matter (although I would argue that if it's a night time thing you might get some minor benefit from the high iso performance of a full frame sensor but that won't be noticeable if they're just going on Facebook).

I personally use a 5d3 with 16-35 f/2.8, and whatever the flash is that's one tier below the top one. The only thing I bought for the purpose of event photos is a diffuser so that I can point the flash straight forward and it's not quote so offensive.

If you're sociable and you know some people there it's very easy. Take lots of group photos. If you've got a 70-200 as well then maybe put that on for speeches and stand at a distance. Don't use the flash in that situation.

If you're really awkward or something then take some benzodiazepines beforehand to make yourself more sociable. I am not consistently extroverted but luckily I've never been in such a bad mood that I've not been able to warm up. That's probably just luck on my part.

Like at a wedding, make sure you get lots of photos of the main person. Don't be afraid to crop in post so that you can fire off more shots and get the angle right later. It's not going on a billboard.
>>
>>2920081
Thanks mate, that's what I wanted to hear.

I guess it's a sit down dinner. Meeting today, and checking out the venue.

Only special thing it's that it's a surprise party for a 40yo
>>
Just as a thought experiment: how would you shoot an orgy, /p/? Either in the roman sense with overindulgence, vomiting, and possibly some fucking; or the contemporary sense of a pile of naked people having sex willy-nilly.
>>
>>2920302
>how would you shoot an orgy
Gonzo-style. Became part of it and see what will happen.
>>
op here. Bump
>>2920302
Probably a lot of close up shots of body parts
. Show the mess
>>
>>2919860
I'm so fucking pissed at the fact that whoever took this photograph was not using second curtain flash.
>>
>>2920086
I suppose I should have been more careful about describing the sit down dinner part because they are pretty variable. You will have to (since you posted 2 days ago, you will have already have the chance to) look at the lighting and you'll know what time it is and the size of the venue and everything.

Subject to the nature of the room you're in, if I were doing a sit down dinner I would take a wide like the 16-35, and maybe a fast 50 so I could do some bokeh heavy portraits of couples if it seemed appropriate. I also tend to take a 70-200 if there are going to be lots of speeches because then it's easy enough to get the speaker as well. It may be better to do that at a distance with the 50 so various attendees can add some interest to the shot, but I've not done it that way before.

If you can only take one lens make it a wide zoom. I think 35 would be my most used focal length for an event like that. You can get whole tables easily from relatively close up.

Also make sure you diffuse your light if you're using flash. If all else fails, tape a piece of paper over the flash. Seriously, it makes all the difference.
>>
>>2921362
autism
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.