[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ever thought about how pointless this all is?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 10

File: NoMeaningLeftInLife.jpg (466KB, 1007x1100px) Image search: [Google]
NoMeaningLeftInLife.jpg
466KB, 1007x1100px
Ever thought about how pointless this all is?
>>
>>2919150

These mongrels are disgusting to look at. Yay for "diversity".
>>
tfw they get more traffic than you
>>
The cringe in this thread is real. If 38 likes is enough to send you into a hateful shame spiral, give up now.
>>
>>2919150
>Ever thought about how pointless this all is?
Ever thought how pointless your post is
>>
>>2919168
I'm certainly overreacting, but the fact that even 1 person likes this makes me sad,
>>
>>2919169
>Ever thought how pointless your post is
Ever thought how pointless your post to my pointless post is
>>
Fake sun flares are painfully obvious. And they look atrocious.
>>
>>2919171
A U T I S M
U
T
I
S
M
>>
>>2919153
guy to the right seriously just has dark eyes

is that all it takes to trigger /pol/tards like you?
>>
Their heads look like they're photoshopped on
>>
early pics of mike Tyson fantastic, i forgot what he looked like before his tattoos
>>
>>2919172
>Ever thought how pointless your post to my pointless post is
Funnily enough I did, but by that time it was too late.
>>
Was this posted by a photographer or a parent, you fucking autist?
>>
>>2919263
t. valiant defender of horribly awful shit objectively bad things

>b-b-but they're plebs so it's ok!!
kek
>>
I dont understand the point of this thread
>>
>>2919263
no, this is a professional portrait photograper(s). I black boxed their watermark
>>
>>2919284
it's a bleak reminder of how horrible things are anon
>>
The editing is clumsy but I've seen way worse professional portrait photographers. see 90% of wedding photography.
>>
>>2919298
What's horrible about this? Facebook isn't a photography critique site. Liking a photo is in no way a comment upon its artistic or technical merit.
>>
That really triggered you and made you post a thread here?
>>
looks pretty good to me

really digging that flare
>>
>>2919213
Not him but:
curly hair
jewish ears
negro nose
>>
>>2919488
no trait that a southern European couldn't have
>>
>>2919524
Please, he doesn't look Southern European at all.
>>
>>2919589
Sarcasm?
You know which continent Europe is, right?
>>
>>2919291
you should name and shame them!
>>
why is this forum so racist? i really can't comprehend it.

bullied by the cool black kids? stuck in your basement for so long that you feel a strong connection to white racist (low iq, low paid as well) neckbeards?
>>
>>2924139
It's just /pol/ leaking from their containment board. I say that as someone who has been visiting /pol/ for a long time.
>>
>>2924139
>>2924179

fuck off, reddit.

/p/ has always been a pretty redpilled board.
>>
>>2924187

4chan is a redpilled website. Most of you are too new to remember when /pol/ was deactivated for being a cesspool of racist idiocy. the retards were clamoring for it every day until moot brought it back so that it would finally kill the very thing he created.
>>
>>2924139
Even if i'm racist, this is still a fucking shit photo
>>
>>2924189
>4chan is a redpilled website.

not on its entirety, there are very bluepilled boards like the cucks at /mu/ and /fa/.

>/pol/ was deactivated for being a cesspool of racist idiocy

weird, i thought it was because the gamergate thing was going to depreciate the website he was about to sell.
>>
>>2924189
I've been visiting /pol/ since it was /new/. I can remember much further back. /pol/ is a good board for cutting edge news but they bring their ideologies everywhere they go. No one wants to know what /pol/ thinks about every subject on every board but they aways make themselves heard regardless.
>>
>>2924195

no, this was several years before gamergate was even a thing, long before canv.as made the word nigger a bannable offense.
>>
>>2924189
4chan spawned both red and blue pills, the tumblr tranny tyranny began on /r9k/ before /lgbt/ was formed.
pop culture was created by 4chan, thats why donald trump is going to be president.
>>
>>2924139
I reckon there's a split between real actual committed racists, and teenagers/early twenties types who just feel threatened and scared because they feel the existence of other people and alternate views is a legitimately dangerous attack on them which they can't handle. As to what the split is I couldn't say, but I hope the latter group grow up quickly. There's a reason many NEETs hold racist views, they're just not connected to society and they don't feel like they're being offered a place (even though they are).

4chan is full of the kids from middle school that argued that calling something "gay" when they meant bad wasn't homophobic.
>>
>>2924201
>4chan is full of the kids from middle school that argued that calling something "gay" when they meant bad wasn't homophobic.
It's also full of people that told the kids that were calling them gay that they were fags for picking up on it who have now progressed to saying it for shock value because the people that called them fags now virtue-signal about how its wrong to call people fags so its really funny when the actual desensitized fags call everyone fags and are untouchable on account of being fags

You straight centrists did this to yourself
>>
>>2924203
Could you rephrase that? I can't quite get what you mean.

Are you suggesting that people only pretend not to be homophobic to increase their own social standing?
Who's saying horrible things for shock value?

Straight centrist? Do you mean straight people who hold close-to-centre political views? Are they in some kind of trouble? What did they do to themselves?
>>
>>2924201
>>2924203
>>2924208

this conversation is gay as fuck. stop.
>>
>>2924208
>Are you suggesting that people only pretend not to be homophobic to increase their own social standing?
Yes absolutely, gays are the most homophobic of all

>Straight centrist? Do you mean straight people who hold close-to-centre political views? Are they in some kind of trouble? What did they do to themselves?
Cognitive dissonance ravages their ranks daily turning them into either redpilled or bluepilled warriors
>>
>>2924212
I dunno mate...I know there are some problems with gays and lesbians not always getting on, or gays/lesbians vs. bisexuals, but to suggest that gay people are the most homophobic of all when there are people out there who legitimately want to beat gay people to death seems a bit of a stretch.

And the whole "cognitive dissonance" thing strikes me as something that people with a very black or white view of the world say to dismiss nuanced opinion and thought.

Thanks for explaining though and not just being a dick about my asking.

What would your proposed solution be to the straight centrist problem you say exists?
>>
>>2919291
This was important information that should not have been left out
>>
>>2924219
Gas the breeders for being faggots
>>
>>2924139

racist? it's called being woke, you dummy.
>>
>>2924139

Still not seeing a NAAWP, or white-only scholarships, senpai.
>>
>>2924281
to what?

you've made such a complete failure out of your life that you can only rationalize it by blaming people of color (probly women too)?

there are real concerns to be "woke" to, and it's not your weird race crusade.
>>
>>2919291
Yes but professional doesn't mean good. It just means people that know nothing to very little of Photography are willing to pay them an amount of money to take Pictures of their kids etc.

I don't get what you're angry at. If you're better and want to be paid, do better than them. You might even make more money.

Quit whining.
>>
>>2924284

If you want to argue with /pol/, go to >>>/pol/
>>
>>2924283
make one yourself, virgin. see what happens.
>>
>>2924292

>what is double standard

Kill yourself. And do it by the same standard as everybody else.
>>
>>2919150
This is probably someone posting a photo of their kids and a friend complimenting it to praise the children.
Grow the fuck up
>>
>>2924295
>what is white supremacy
>>
I really tend to agree with OP.

All you sperglords in here take shit after shit on everyone's photos. The reality is those photos would rank very well among photos from professional photographers.

There's no harm in striving to be perfect but I think some of the things you guys obsess over, literally 99.9% of the population doesn't give a fuck about.

Maybe better to have a more realistic view of what is and isn't a good shot. Almost everything here is at least decent. People act like it's all vomit.
>>
>>2924320

It's called standards, man. No point in not striving for the very best.
>>
File: 1450161667302.jpg (60KB, 822x546px) Image search: [Google]
1450161667302.jpg
60KB, 822x546px
could always be much worse man
>>
>>2924370

So... is that his twin brother in the background, or is it just more Photoshop faggotry?
>>
>>2924373
pretty sure its a dude-bro of his
>>
This shit doesn't bother me in the least,

What bothers me is that the crap I throw up is considered my best work, and my best work is spat on in the streets.

And I know everyone here knows what that feels like.
>>
>>2924378
>tfw your pic that got thousands of views on flickr is despised everywhere else

yes, anon, i do know how it feels
>>
File: 29003240844_2d375985b3_b.jpg (28KB, 1024x685px) Image search: [Google]
29003240844_2d375985b3_b.jpg
28KB, 1024x685px
>>2924393
>flickr
>thinking views = actual talent
There's your problem. Pic related made it to yesterdays "explore" page, 24k+ views, 380+ faves and 60+ comments.
>>
>>2924399

Looks good. You just sound jealous.
>>
File: 1471863961594.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471863961594.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>2924412
>>
>>2924422

Whatever you wanna call it. You need to loosen the fuck up and appreciate more photography.
>>
>>2924441
(You)
>>
File: Untitled-1.jpg (223KB, 3000x1070px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled-1.jpg
223KB, 3000x1070px
>>2924320
OP here, this is basically why i posted this. That, and I was very high.

Honestly I wish i could have deleted this thread when stupid shitters bumped this thread from page 7 this evening with racist garbage.
>>
>>2924447
>OMGZ RAYCIS
>ONLY MY SHITPOSTING IS GOOD, YOURS IS LITERALLY HITLER!!1!

KYS RETARD.
>>
File: 1366371663081.gif (934KB, 250x167px) Image search: [Google]
1366371663081.gif
934KB, 250x167px
>>2924450
yeah thats basically the story here. except I was trying to delete my own shit too. retard
>>
>>2924454

YOUR SHITTY THREAD IS SOMEHOW MY FAULT LOL.
>>
File: IMG_3344.png (71KB, 1334x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3344.png
71KB, 1334x750px
>>2924444

Thanks baby.
>>
File: P1310123.jpg (410KB, 1920x960px) Image search: [Google]
P1310123.jpg
410KB, 1920x960px
H-
What the fuck?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Light SourceUnknown
Image OrientationUnknown
Image Height960
Image Created1970:01:01 05:00:00
Metering ModeUnknown
Image Width1920
>>
File: 1357873180439.png (21KB, 608x546px) Image search: [Google]
1357873180439.png
21KB, 608x546px
>>2924455
>>
>>2919153
>>2919150
to be fair, it's not actually that bad of a pic.

it's a facebook post for christ sake, you guys are taking it out of context. you are getting triggered as fuck thinking it has anything to do with race. literally the only reason people like it is because it has a shitty lens flare and that's all it takes to convince normies that a pic is "proffesional". go fucking die m8, stop making fun of little kids.

>>2919284
>>2919168
>>2919169
this
>>
Nobody is really engaging with the real issue here that OP has raised.

Is there actually any relation between all the things we obsess over in here, and how people perceive our photos in the real world? If we're just circlejerking about things nobody cares about, we should re-evaluate what makes a good photo.

Personally I think if you take a photo and lots of people like it, then you've done well. In the case of OP and those half-breed children, I'd disregard 38 people liking it because they are just giving sympathy likes to the parents. But if you are getting a lot of views on flickr, then that is saying something meaningful, even if the people in p say it's shite.
>>
>>2924627

thats bluepilled as fuck.
>>
>>2924629
Would you rather take a photo that is 10/10 perfect and you know it, but nobody sees it, or take a photo that 99% of people think is incredible, thousands of people love it, and 1% of """"experts""" say it's amateur?
>>
>>2924627
>But if you are getting a lot of views on flickr, then that is saying something meaningful
HAHAHA
>>
>>2924631
>Would you rather take a photo that is 10/10 perfect and you know it, but nobody sees it

thats what im doing nowadays. i stopped uploading shit for le epic upvotes on fb since a while, i upload sparsely so people know what im up, but i dont even look at the likes nor i feel anything if i get a lot. its meaningless. i prefer to post my shit here, /p/ has been outstandingly accurate when something i do is shit, or if it has some potential. so i prefer /p/ to the upvotes of the retards in my fb, thank you.
>>
>>2924636
Then you're the equivalent of an academic in his ivory tower publishing boring articles about subjects nobody cares about, and being famous about the other 60 people in his field across the world.

Meanwhile, there are academics actually making a difference because they actually research shit that matters to the majority of the population.

I'd rather be the second one.
>>
>>2924627
Public perception is one of the most flawed indicators of quality. Just look at beats headphones, 50 shades of grey, grey goose vodka, the twilight films, banksy, nicki minaj, etc.
>>
>>2924642
>publishing boring articles

point me to some exciting academic articles, please.

by the way, that ivory tower thing sounds comfy as fuck, i like solitude, and i like to make photos whenever the fuck i want. im sure normie academic has a schedule to get shit done. i dont like that type of coercion.
>>
>>2924631
Still in your first few months of photography, huh?

I'd rather take a "10/10 perfect" photo that only I see, than take some mediocre shit that appeals to the masses. Having a print of your best photograph hanging on your wall that you can walk past everyday and admire is far more rewarding than 5 minutes of fame on the internet with a shot you could care less about.

One day you'll realise that photographing for yourself is more enjoyable than producing shit that the plebs eat up.
>>
>>2924666
>you can walk past everyday and admire

Those guys on 4chan would LOVE this!

If I take a photo and I am just a pleb, and I love that photo, I put it on my wall and admire it and I think it's so great. A bunch of serious photographers on a Chilean shrunken head image board might think it sucks, but if I love it, so what?

I do agree that there is some objectivity to this, but I also think there are certain very minor aspects of a shot that people on this board obsess over, and then everyone thinks it's really important, but it's just a /p/ meme.
>>
>>2924649
This one is quite good; http://www.stoa.org.uk/topics/bullshit/pdf/on-bullshit.pdf
>>
>>2924399
Is this an actual picture? Because it looks like a drawn frame from a fighting sequence in some anime.
>>
>>2924399
that was my point, a photo of mine that i didnt even really care for got a lot of pointless views when work i really like didnt, talent or not flickr is clickbait most of the time
>>
>>2925287
It's about what you think is good vs. what "people" think are good, and whether you want to chase that.
Thread posts: 87
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.