[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal Prints - Dark?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

File: Metal-Print-RoundCorner2.jpg (134KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Metal-Print-RoundCorner2.jpg
134KB, 800x533px
I just received my first set of metal prints, I got them from Adoramapix and they're a lot darker than I thought they'd be.

Colors seem relatively flat as well which is a bit disappointing, I'm unsure if this is normal or I just got shitty prints?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.3 (Windows)
PhotographerYiming Hu
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2013-12-16T13:10:41-05:00
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width800
Image Height533
>>
File: IMG_8059.jpg (1MB, 3103x1770px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8059.jpg
1MB, 3103x1770px
I got got a small metal print for this and the waves on the bottom are just hardly visible and the ocean is near black.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:09:06 23:18:10
Exposure Time1/640 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length98.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: IMG_4356.jpg (4MB, 5184x1728px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4356.jpg
4MB, 5184x1728px
>>2919109

This one the mountains in the back are basically flat grey instead of blue, as with the sky. Trees almost look de-saturated on the metal print.

The plane itself has a cool 3Dish effect though.

Sorry for the larger pics - just trying to put the bigger sized ones for comparison.

Is my screen that off possibly? I'm on a Dell Ultrasharp and believe it should be pretty within the ballpark.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 60D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:09:06 23:17:45
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias0.7 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length180.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
I also use a Dell Ultrasharp too with Spyder color calibration and have been very happy with almost a dozen prints done by Magnachrome.

Do you have calibration technology?

Is your monitor in a dark room? Is there glare behind or on the monitor?
>>
>>2919109
you can analyze the histogram or hold the option key and move the sliders for the dark areas in lightroom and it will show you at what point things are clipping into black.

If you're getting clipping when barely moving the slider, then the image is under-exposed and your monitor is wrong.
If it's in normal position in histogram and it takes quite a bit of sliding to clip that ocean into black, then no monitor calibration is necessary in the slightest, the printing company is just f'd up.
>>
Can you get a printer colour profile, and see what the images look like on your screen in comparison?
>>
OP here, upon looking at them more in different lighting it might just be I'm not really used to metal prints.

2/3 of mine (including the bird sunset) are on more acrylic looking finish. The plane one >>2919110 is more metallic and bare which explains the color being a bit flat/silvery. It's odd because I chose the same finish but I really like it with good lightning as it makes a 3D effect almost.

>>2919334

I don't have a calibrater but other canvas prints I've done have been within norms for colors and especially exposure.

>>2919451

I'll try that thanks

>>2919467

I think they do in hindsight, colorwise it's fine after I discovered the finish difference. This >>2919109 is the only one that's really different in consideration. The waves being near black kind of sucks and I wonder with their color correction if they just chose to do that and crush the blacks on me.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.