[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Adobe Lightroom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 7

File: Alternative-Living_STROHL_32.jpg (132KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
Alternative-Living_STROHL_32.jpg
132KB, 1000x800px
Just started using Lightroom and wondered if anyone could offer some tips / wisdom on how to make the most of it.
I've been trying to make a preset that can achieve the look in pic related but I don't really know where to begin.

Can anyone give me a hand?
Thanks in advance
>>
Just6 fuck with sliders a bit.
>>
>>2916393
That pic is so comfy
>>
File: robotman.jpg (80KB, 845x343px) Image search: [Google]
robotman.jpg
80KB, 845x343px
>see picture they like
>w-wat filter?

millennials, i swear.
>>
>>2916393
i cant even be bothered writing a huge paragraph telling you how wrong you are

learn to take photos then learn how to edit
>>
>>2916393
You will never make a preset like that. It's shot on film.
>>
>>2916404
kys my man
>>
>>2916406
It's not senpai, it's shot on a Canon 5DS.

I just wanted to know more about editing, not shooting.
>>
>>2916408
there is endless articles and tutorials and videos on youtube

try google and learn what you want rather than pointlessly asking here
>>
>>2916393

if you were lazy, somewhat desat everything but blue / orange and reduce luminance in blue, but that will look like shit.

most of what makes this picture is the time of day, available light and location.
>>
why is there always a thread like this when I come to this board

the crushed blacks meme has been around for years and people still haven't learnt how to use tone curves in lightroom

just pirate some vsco presets if you're that desperate for this bland overused aesthetic
>>
basically:

never touch the clarity slider unless at the most -5 in some areas with a brush to draw attention away for whatever reason. +clarity, not even once. get rid of it, it is the retard slider. be super careful with shit like saturation. possible learn some color curves, learn about VSCO and how to start on that look. never use presets unless you have literally no time. if repairing shadows, make sure to compensate with some darks (the dark slider in the curves section) or learn to use curves, never bring a load of detail into the shadows because it looks shit and will delude you. same with highlights, better to have blown out highlights than disgusting greys and a flat image. coloring is the most difficult part and takes years to learn properly, just start out careful with it. don't touch luminance sliders at first because you will always think +luminance looks good but if you were to slide it up then rotate the image 90 for times stand up and slap yourself sit back down and you wil realize it looks shit. they are some tips, nothing really to do with that image.
>>
>>2916399
"*insert current young generation* is the worst generation ever!!!!!"
>>
>>2918756

t. minecraft t-shirt wearing millennial.
>>
>>2918758
t. a person that is completely out of touch with reality
>>
lightroom is ok, but cluttered and annoying to use

capture one pro 9 is way more powerful imo
>>
>>2919166
this. switched from LR to C1P and enjoying my life.
>>
>>2919297
>>2919166

Am I the only one who uses Bridge>ACR>PS?
>>
>>2916460
never heard anyone say this about clarity care to explain more about why?
>>
>>2919885
>never heard anyone say this about clarity care to explain more about why?

not him but it simply rapes the image. want more microcontrast? get better lens or get better at photoshop. dont use that pleb slider.
>>
>>2919885

Clarity looks like shit, basically. It just adds super gross halos to everything and is never a proper substitute for real, well-done sharpening.

Clarity is the casual filter in post processing.
>>
>>2916393
I don't think the look of the picture has anything to do with lightroom. Take a plane to Bodo (flights from Oslo and also Stockholm as of last year), take a ferry to Moskenes, drive or hike to Reine, wait until the sun sets. If you go in deep winter, no waiting necessary since it doesn't rise at all.
>>
>>2916399
>why cant millenial just stop being curious or learning something!!
>>
>>2920628
Learning post generally involves more than a "filter" is his objection.
I'd argue that learning to photograph involves more than learning post though.
>>
>>2920631
yes exactly ofcourse indeed
>>
>>2920631
op didnt just ask for filter
>>
>>2920631
>disparages the importance of post
From the girl that posts ugly as shit sooc jpegs using fake film filters.
What a fucking surprise.
>>
>>2920640
I'm not disparaging the importance of it, I'm recognizing the distance between two acts.
My jpeg shooting process involves post. It's simply done in camera. I'm sure your photos are much better than mine. :^)

this photos look is not reared to post processing technique. It is light and hour. If this board spent half as much time considering these things as post and filters, we'd probably have more photo threads.
>>
>>2920651
Die tripfag
>>
>>2920640
jfc you're hating for the sake of hating. She didn't even imply that, and she's right—knowing when to take this photograph is more important than knowing how to fuck with split toning for a similar palette, but she already covered that in her response.

To OP, no preset is going to turn a photo that isn't shot during dawn or dusk into that. Consider sitting in the same spot to make the same photo throughout an entire day, and observe how the time of day affects the light, the colours, the subjects, etc..

Also, it helps to be in such a remote and unadulterated landscape.
>>
>>2916393
>Lower highlights
>Bring up shadows
>cool temperature
>Adjustment brush over the hut with warm temperature
>graduated filter to make fog
>crush the blacks in Levels

Here's a rough look at what the outcome would be, Just pulled this photo off google. I'll also post the original in a reply

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.5 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:09:11 14:31:39
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>2922518
>>2922519
Not the best but hey, with some time and effort you could achieve a good look.
>>
>>2922518
haha what the fuck is this man
>>
File: 1456373752676.png (6KB, 390x470px) Image search: [Google]
1456373752676.png
6KB, 390x470px
>>2922518
>>
>>2922544
kek
>>
>>2922518

this house needs the JUST hair in the roof.
>>
>>2922518
that one looks so fucked up. disgusting

>>2922519
is decent. all it needs is some subtle VSCO and sometihng to make the wood grains and water pop a little more
>>
>>2922539
>>2922544
>>2922578
>>2922579
All the same poster.
>>
>>2922588

loling @ ur autism.
>>
File: OK M8.jpg (13KB, 391x121px) Image search: [Google]
OK M8.jpg
13KB, 391x121px
>>2922588
>>
>>2922629
Close enough
>>
File: ya.jpg (17KB, 481x133px) Image search: [Google]
ya.jpg
17KB, 481x133px
>>2922588
>>
>>2916404
>I don't know
>>
>>2916393
You have in youtube more tutorials that you can watch in your entire life
>>
>>2916393
My tip for you, OP.

Play around with the shit.
Personally i like to use after effects along with Koji Colors(totally bought it), Magic Bullet Film(bought that one too), Magic Bullet Colorista, Curves, Sharpen and Camera Lens Blur.

Fun plugins to fuck around with, especially Koji Color and Magic Bullet Film since they have tons of camera and film stock options so you can tinker with em for a week straight and still find new combos.
>>
Here is the absolute most useful thing I learned after running Lightroom for a few years. Hold Alt and grab the blacks slider. You will now see if any area of the picture is at absolute black. Adjust blacks so just a tiny area is at absolute black. Bam. Instant quality improvement.
>>
>>2926673
You still have a lot to learn about what makes a photo better baka
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.