[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jury-rigged thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Mfw I realized my old auto360px flash works on my d7100
>>
>>2916124

better check the voltage specs to be honest
>>
>>2916124

nice camera killer device, senpai.
>>
>>2916124
oh wow you put an accessory with a fitting tha't been standardised since the dawn of time onto a device its designed for?!?! you're a real homebrew haxx0r m8!
>>
He is safe.

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Auto360PX
Safe? Yes
5.24V per "Nahau"
>>
>>2916126
>>2916130
This may toast your camera, try researching the specifics before shooting.
>>
>>2916149
>5v
That's uncomfortably high for a Nikon. They're rated for like 6v and the Nikon flashes are at like 1v or lower.
That said, it's not over 6 so if youre in warranty, go crazy
>>
>>2916184
>dangerously high?
most nikon dslrs can go all the way up to 250 volts
http://dpanswers.com/content/genrc_flash_measuretv.php
>>
>>2916136
and you're a real idiot m8! :-)
>>
File: USL-52-P800D-6_71602_3.jpg (161KB, 956x1440px) Image search: [Google]
USL-52-P800D-6_71602_3.jpg
161KB, 956x1440px
>>2916126
>>2916130
>>2916155
>>2916184
Nikons from mid range to pro tier have been voltage protected since the dawn of time. I have been using Vivitar 285 flashes for years without a problem. Also used to hook my D200 to one of these Norman packs with the PC port before I got pocket wizards. The Norman will even give you a jolt if you pop it manually with the cord.
>>
>>2916136
>an accessory with a fitting tha't been standardised since the dawn of time
Not for Sony users :^)
>>
>>2916184
It's Canon that's rated for 16V I think?
>>
Old flashes kill cameras, even if that particular flash is rated at a safe voltage for the camera I wouldn't trust it. OP beware
>>
>>2916222

They actually inherited it from Minolta.

They also recently changed it to match the standard (except for a few extra data connectors for special snowflake Sony stuff).
>>
>>2916220
This, only canen get lolfried by old flashes, if you got a nikon you can slap on it pretty much anything.
>>
OP here, so i guess the conclusion comes down to this

nikons rated at 250v as well as the newer canon models however older canon models were rated at 6v

source: http://www.scantips.com/lights/flashguide.html

>>2916149
as this anon posted earlier you can use this website to find the voltages of old flashes tested by random individuals however
there was also another site floating around somewhere showing the same type of chart claiming to be newer as the the on botzilla hasn't been updated since 2004

http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html

Im no electrician but the center pin is what i beleive what triggers the flash, so other pins on the camera are usually data connector pins
used on older film cameras. As long as you have a dslr manufactured in the last few years you should be good to go but refer to the chart as some flashes trigger at incredibly high voltages.
>>
>>2916337
If you get older nikon flashes, it will probably be fine.
>>
>>2916209
cry more faggot
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.