[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hey anon, why do you keep coming to this dead board?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 10

File: 280.jpg (827KB, 1000x1499px) Image search: [Google]
280.jpg
827KB, 1000x1499px
hey anon, why do you keep coming to this dead board?
>>
File: more patterns.jpg (456KB, 675x900px) Image search: [Google]
more patterns.jpg
456KB, 675x900px
I keep hoping that if I keep posting, it'll come back to life someday
>>
File: nice two.jpg (414KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
nice two.jpg
414KB, 1000x667px
Because I refuse to go to reddit, and don't feel like paying $10 for a somethingawful forums membership.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:07:25 22:21:08
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/5.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length55.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height667
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 0 (1).jpg (43KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
0 (1).jpg
43KB, 600x600px
just found this. pretty cool shit.
digging the layout a lot, lliterally screams tango.
>>
>>2909695

You keep coming to this board to.. tell people about this Daido book you bought?
>>
>>2909686
>Because I refuse to go to reddit
there is your problem

on reddit if someone critiques your shots, you can check out their profile and see what they posted before. so you can quickly figure out if the one shitting on you actually has better photos or not. this is not a bad thing and doesn't mean that you can't critique shit, I've done it many times before. you just can't be an absolute fucking cunt or a troll or both which many people here are.
>>
>>2909705
>quickly figure out if the one shitting on you actually has better photos or not.
I know this will sound like shitposting, but I promise it isn't.

DO NOT DISCOUNT FEEDBACK BASED OFF OF SOMEONE'S WORK.

I can't stress how important this is. There are a lot of people out there who have very good critical sense while having piss poor ability to actually create something. I'm not at all saying that one should take everything to heart and just do what others tell them, but more, take each comment just as it is and in relation to the work it's commenting on.

And part of why I say this is because that art is in as much in the reaction of the consumers of art as it is in the creators. For example, if literally everyone gets the wrong message from your piece, then your piece doesn't work. People's reactions shouldn't necessarily guide your choices, but they should inform them. They should teach you that if you do x some portion will receive it as y. This is an important bit of information even if it's coming from either the unwashed masses or cohorts who work in a different genre.
>>
>>2909705
>I'm so insecure I need to review everything someone has ever said before taking into account their criticism
LOL just kill yourself
>>
>>2909705
RETURN2REDDIRT
and never come back, faggot.
>>
Because I've lost control of my life.
>>
I use other boards so its convenient to place my photos on here since its like an all in one go to place.
>>
>>2909712
100% agreee
>>
>>2909705
These are the people you actually share this board with

If you get so butthurt about CC that you have to view the critic's entire body of work to try to 'disprove' them you should probably kill yourself
>>
>>2909705
>Can't take criticism
>Has to view their profile so you can discard their criticism
>At least I'm better than u xD
My photography teacher at college was fucking awful in my opinion, but she provided solid criticism that led to me improving and being motivated.
>>
>>2909705
Fuck off back to your safespace, you cunt.

>>2909712
Underrated post
>>
>>2909716
>>2909776
I don't actually do that but it's a possibility.
>entire work
you guys lack the ability to think in extremes?

>>2909712
I agree desu. The majority of our audience is supposed to be non-photographers so every critique should be taken into account.

>>2909778
on /p/ a lot of the noise in a critique thread is just "kys" and shit like that, absolutely useless on any level

>>2909780
>>2909719
>>2909716
>Fuck off back to your safespace, you cunt.
>never come back, faggot.
>kys

way to prove my point about how this place is full of edgy cunts. In the end it's pretty ironic how reddit is almost exactly the same as 4chan thus hating it is kind of like Nikon vs Canon fanboy bullshit.
>>
>>2909705
I agree with this.
I'm laughing hard at all the butthurt beginners (probably one or two autists) with shitty work who must work THIS HARD to validate their right to shit on other people's work without any working knowledge of the craft.

Being able to see the work of those who are critiquing you is the natural way of things. We used to go to photo shows where photographers would trade prints and critique. If someone has shitty pictures of sidewalks and flowers, you only listen to what they have to say out of niceness, but mentally you immediate reject everything the dumb beginner has to say.

Sorry dumb beginners, get over it.
>>
>>2909867
>way to prove my point about how this place is full of edgy cunts

Oh no what are you going to do. Read my post history so you don't cry yourself to sleep
>>
>>2909867
>I don't actually do that but it's a possibility.
What a huge load of stinky fucking bullshit. You don't just come up with a statement such as "on reddit if someone critiques your shots, you can check out their profile and see what they posted before. so you can quickly figure out if the one shitting on you actually has better photos or not.", without having personally partaken in that act multiple times.

>I agree desu
No you don't faggot, you literally just implied that if someones photos are worse than yours, you dismiss any critique given by that photographer.

>it's pretty ironic how reddit is almost exactly the same as 4chan
Except it's not, they are polar fucking opposites.

If you hate this place so much then why are you still here? Reddit's inviting you with open arms and an erect cock, eagerly waiting to be sucked.

>>2909877
>14 posters
>Samefagging this poorly
Seriously, fuck off already.
>>
>>2909889
What he meant was that people don't act as insufferable on Reddit. If you act like a fucking twat on a website where your posts get "scored" and people can look up you, your posting history and your own photographs, you risk getting negative reactions and possibly banned. Thus people there are given more incentive to post C&C without the edgelord comments like "resize your snapshits faggot" to puff them up.
>>
I've only been lurking /p/ for a few years. Believe it or not I've learned more here than anywhere else. No, wait, hear me out.

On /p/ you are told what not to do, why your photo is shit, why your latest gear aquisition was retarded. During the shitposting peoples egos get inflated and when they are arguing to prove their point they end up giving out much more information than they intended.

Want to know whether to get a d7100? Ask if you should get a d5100 instead because its got a flippy screen and the d7100 doesn't, sit back and you will be told every feature the d7100 has that the d5100 doesn't (I've never done that but you get the idea).

I think there are a lot of really good/knowlegable photographers lurking on /p/ I just think they don't post much and avoid the drama.

I don't post many photos here and when I have they have been mostly ignored (good?) but more importantly any concerns I've had about a shot have been flagged by /p/ straight away.

tl;dr If you want to know how good you, are ask your Granny.
>>
>>2909889
Ok, so firstly I've mainly checked up on people because I liked their photo and I wanted to see more, but I don't even do that regularly.

I do agree with what the dude said on general critique but on the other hand if someone starts talking about their postprocessing workflow on specific retouching techniques I gotta see how their pics look like to decide whether that look would work for me or not. (eg. someone starts praising frequency separation then I see that they blur their edits to oblivion - I normally ask for an example shot)

>Except it's not, they are polar fucking opposites.
what are tripfags? there are plenty on this board and there's one in almost every thread. also why polar opposites because reddit is a little bit less anonymous? you could still make like 3 different accounts and just talk to yourself just like people do it here.
but

>Samefagging this poorly
you really think I would samefag just to call myself names?

>>2909913
this guy knows
>>
cont'd

>>2909945
yes, /p/ is very valuable especially when you're starting out and all you get is useless praise from your grandma and flickr but it becomes slightly less useful once you start developing your own style.

Especially for non-beginner portraits, /p/ is a bit weak. You can see that in relevant threads, a lot of the comments are "did you fuck her" or "the pose is awkward" (fashion photography for example is full of awkward poses on purpose) other stuff commenting on the models look even if she's not ugly. It was a lot better when 5hoe and photoshop(r) and gervin were still posting.

And yes there are a lot of good photographers here who aren't that vocal but post their flickr/insta/a recent pic every now and then which is why I'm still around. I don't hate /p/ but I don't hate reddit either. Why can't we just get along? In b4 I get called names again.
>>
>>2909972
>postprocessing workflow on specific retouching techniques I gotta see how their pics look like to decide whether that look would work for me or not. (eg. someone starts praising frequency separation then I see that they blur their edits to oblivion - I normally ask for an example shot)

This is really short sighted friend. Yeah, you mightn't like a look that someone achieves with a given work flow or post processing technique, but that doesn't mean that you can't do something entirely different with it.

>>2909913
The rating system is the exact reason that reddit is garbage in terms of c&c, like every other kind of user registration site. You don't get raw, unfiltered reactions. Yes, you are "protected" from shitposting, but that's honestly just a matter of ignoring the shitposting. Hell, even a non response says something here, unlike on reddit. That you're getting triggered so hard by resize comments is proof you don't understand and aren't capable of maximizing 4chan's utility. Your post also tells me that you don't value this site at all which means that you're highly likely one of the shitposters who come here just to fuck around and contribute to making this site worse.
>>
>>2909979
>>2909945
Good posts.

That sort of sums up 4chan in general. Good for entry-level advice dude to it's harshness but gets pretty toxic/nit-picky once you figure out what you like/don't.

I keep coming here because unlike other photo sites people here aren't complementing you just to get you to like their page. even though you get ignored a lot of the time, it's still better than most things out there.
>>
>>2910002
>That you're getting triggered so hard by resize comments is proof you don't understand and aren't capable of maximizing 4chan's utility.

Nice assumptions m8.

I've never been told to resize anything, i was saying in general that it's not a bad idea to have a system that basically forces people to watch what they say.

>your post tells me you don't value this site at all
What?

>You're highly likely one of the shitposters-
Nope. You can believe whatever you want though.
>>
File: img0018.jpg (600KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
img0018.jpg
600KB, 900x596px
I've been posting on /p/ for about 4-5 years now, so I've seen this board turn from an alright place to get harsh, but helpful critiques. Now it's pure toxic where you're lucky to receive a an actual critique other than something along the lines of, "That's pure shit, I could do better" without any insight on how they would do better.

The reason I keep posting though is because it's almost ritualistic. I go out take photos, come home to edit them, post a couple of my personal favorites on /p/, update my website, and maybe make an Instagram post. I've been doing that for years now.

All in all, /p/ made me the photographer I am today, which is much, much better than I was 4-5 years ago. Now I'm getting paid for what I only thought I would be a hobby back when I started this.

Thank you /p/ for all the years of getting shat on, I love you all (except the Anon that tells me to crop all my portraits; you get on my nerves, but sometimes your crops look okay)

pic related: This is one shot from my first roll of film I shot with my first camera, a Konica Autoreflex TC.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelFS4000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Horizontal Resolution4800 dpi
Vertical Resolution4800 dpi
Image Created2016:08:24 12:41:50
>>
>>2910026
are you the guy who always leaves too much negative space in your portraits?
>>
I wish the word "toxic" was a bannable offense.

You fucktards realize that the only way something can be "toxic" to you is if you engage with it, right? Touch it, eat it, breathe it in, or in this instance, respond to it. I see so much sanctimonious hadnwringing over the "toxicity" of this board, but it only comes from the shiteating retards who respond to literally every troll post and then complain about how much shit they've been eating lately.
>>
File: IMG_9207.jpg (559KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9207.jpg
559KB, 600x900px
>>2910038
No, my portraits have a comfortable amount of negative space. pic related.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
PhotographerBrandt
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image Created2016:08:24 13:33:34
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/1.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/1.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length85.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2910046
ok, there's nothing wrong with the framing there
>>
>>2910046
Id rather a bad picture of a goddess than a good picture of trash
>>
>>2910196

how 2 spot a pleb in one simple step
>>
>>2910207
Be blind? Makes sense why your model is fucking ugly
>>
>>2910222

what
>>
File: Ugly.jpg (349KB, 599x900px) Image search: [Google]
Ugly.jpg
349KB, 599x900px
>>2910222
I agree Anon.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 5D Mark II
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image Created2016:06:25 20:26:32
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length85.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
>>
to get followers for my instagram lmao
>>
>>2909675
I saw y'all play in 4CC and maybe I like the memes
>>
>>2910046
Her legs look like two pork chops, sort it out plz. I can't fap to this.
>>
File: based p.png (247KB, 898x1226px) Image search: [Google]
based p.png
247KB, 898x1226px
Because we're the best board on 4chan!!!!
>>
>>2909712
Agreed. I don't have to be a Michelin star chef to know if food tastes like shit, and somebody else doesn't have to be a god-tier photographer to know whether my photos suck.

Also, I have personal reasons for preferring to use an anonymous site. I'm a working pro, and much of my best work is done under terms where I can't post it wherever I want. That means that, for one, people like >>2909705 might ignore my critique because I wouldn't have my best shots in my profile, and secondly I want to be able to post my casual snapshits and not have them found when clients look for my work.
>>
>>2910774
Close. That's /po/.

They're an actual community. They don't shitpost. And, most importantly, they don't fuck with outsiders. They do their own thing.
>>
File: leastintelligent.jpg (51KB, 960x729px) Image search: [Google]
leastintelligent.jpg
51KB, 960x729px
>>2910930
>/pol/
>They don't shitpost
>>
>>2911052
/po/ faggot, not /pol/
>>
File: no shitposting eh.png (100KB, 506x395px) Image search: [Google]
no shitposting eh.png
100KB, 506x395px
>>2911068
Pic related.

>>>/po/544019
>>
>>2911068
sorry disregard that I suck cocks

I just had a momentary lapse of brain activity at the idea that /pol/ doesn't shitpost
>>
>>2911070
Literally /pol/fags shitposting in a board they frequently misclick onto. That doesn't count.
>>
I shitpost controversial stuff in hopes of sparking meaningful debate and jumpstarting this board to its former glory, but all that happens these days is sensitive types take offense and engage in the most fallacious, childish debate possible. Like, name-calling and shit right off the bat.

I long for the old days when you could start a shitstorm and get meaningful resolution out of it.
>>
>>2911087
GIGO.
>>
>>2911089

I wouldn't say it's GI. It's more like devil's advocacy.
>>
>>2911091
Nah mate. It's GI. You can't make a pig's ear into a silk purse.
>>
>>2911135

That begs the original question posed by OP.
>>
>>2909675
board is mostly full of shitposters or gearfags but you can occaisonally find a great thread

also theres some good people on this board, i like some of you guys
>>
>>2909675
i love this shot for its surreal spread. its unreal, and minimal.

i come to this thread for experimental shots and risky shots. i like seeing amateurs trying to do the new, even if its half assed or pretentious
>>
>>2909675
I like how the thumbnail makes this look like a pack of Marlboros.
>>
>>2911576
I knew OP's pic looked familiar, this explains it
>>
>>2911570

OP photo is from Chris Maggio.
>>
>>2909675
looks like a pack of marlboros
>>
I like the banter and non-serious attitude here. Sure I realise that for some people the atmosphere can be a bit harsh for more sensitive people but to me it's just about right.

Also I look through almost every single photo thread here, I think the amount of content that gets posted here is very good and the quality a lot better than e.g. on plebbit.
>>
>>2913530
stay delusional friend
>>
>>2909705
It's time to go back
>>
>>2909675
I keep thinking I'm going to see a thread that's worth looking at and posting to, but I'm always left disappointed.
>>
>>2913530
/r/analog on reddit is just as good if not better
>>
To watch gear threads devolve in to arguments over fluid dynamics.
>>
>>2915573
Hey, I did that!

That was fun.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.