[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DX lens to FX converter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: D3S_7306-1200.jpg (162KB, 1200x681px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_7306-1200.jpg
162KB, 1200x681px
I've got these Nikon 55-300 mm lens (pic related).
Problem is, these are made for a DX DSLR, and I recently swapped out for a newer FX.

Sure the camera is able to crop out and adjust to the DX lens, but in my opinion, it seems like I'm not using the full capability of the sensor.

I'd hate to buy new lens and I was wondering, are there are any special adapters that could enlarge it to FX?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2909437
Try an FX 1.4x teleconverter but don't expect any useful results.
>>
>>2909445
Could you expand "useful"?
>>
>>2909447
Soft, CAs, low contrast, unpredictable sharpness at different focal lengths.
>>
>>2909437
Why upgrade to FF if you don't want to shell out for the glass? Dumb move.
>>
>>2909437
There was a thread a while back along these lines.

If you use a teleconverter for FF lenses it will cover the whole frame. I haven't done it but it makes sense.

On the other hand you could sell it and get the 70-300mm VR, probably a cheaper option, better image quality and build.
>>
>>2909449

Shit, my biggest concern is the ca.
I'm guessing the cheap ones are cheap for a reason?

Anyways thanks anon. I think I may have seen one of these in a local shop- I'll go try one out and see how bad it looks.
>>
>>2909453

Because I really wasn't giving a shit at the time until I starting thinking straight a month later.
>>
Maybe if you weren't such a dipshit you'd have bought a 70-300VR in the first place. Only a little more expensive, speedier, sharper, better all around. Sell it and buy a 70-300 VR or stop posting and kill yourself. Those are your only two solutions.
>>
>>2909489
What's all this? This is a Nikon thread for Nikon people. We'll have no canon here!
>>
fuck it. I'm going in.

>>2909485
Remember, I had a DX camera before I got this new FX. Only dipshitting I'm doing is trying to hold out with these old lens.
>>
File: smirk.jpg (22KB, 620x330px) Image search: [Google]
smirk.jpg
22KB, 620x330px
Not worth it brah. Sell all your crop shit and go full fool frame.

And if you think the 70-300mm VR is an expensive lens, pucker up yo butthole cause it's all going to be downhill for you.
>>
>>2909466
>Shit, my biggest concern is the ca.
>I'm guessing the cheap ones are cheap for a reason?
TCs are almost always made of extremely high quality glass, unless you get some no-name China brand. There might be no IQ difference between a $150 Kenko or $500 3rd revision converter from Canon or Nikon, but the latter ones are likely optimized for work with specific lenses and AF capabilities.

You will get more CA and softening of the image no matter what you do, it's just part of the physical process. On a lens that's already absurdly sharp, like a 300mm f/2.8, the difference is likely to be less pronounced. Also, there's no such thing as a good 2X TC, if 1.4X doesn't work out for you, just get a different lens.
>>
>>2909496
>Remember, I had a DX camera before I got this new FX.
You'd still buy a 70-300 VR because the 55-200/300 is shit.
>>
>>2909437
FX lenses are so cheap now that you might as well just buy those.

70-300 is like $400, most primes (without the gold ring) are in the $200-$400 range
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.