[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a photography pet peeve thread? I cannot stand it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: fake.jpg (182KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
fake.jpg
182KB, 600x338px
Can we have a photography pet peeve thread?

I cannot stand it when photographers splice in an overly large moon into a photo, and idiots think it's the real thing....

>pic related

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2909436

"wow thats incredible, i need to go here"

>every mong on instagram
>>
Pretty obvious one but overused HDR really kills me. Not just the hilariously blatant and terrible stuff with halos around everything. There's also a lot of stuff out there that uses it as a crutch and it makes the photographs look really garish in my opinion.

For example, I saw a ton of people on reddit raving about Tom Anderson (guy who made myspace) being a "great" photographer now and all his pictures are really overprocessed and unnatural looking.

Here's his instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/myspacetom/?hl=en

I mean I literally didn't see a single person on reddit saying something other than how amazing these photos are. It irked me pretty bad.
>>
>>2909479

majority of his photos are very good

at least he is good at HDR, would rather see his stuff than some of the awful shit amateurs churn out
>>
>>2909479
>go to link
>nothing too over the top
>some are really good

???
>>
>>2909500
Niggas gonna hate for whatever reason
>>
>>2909483
>>2909500
>>2909509
well it's a pet peeve thread. I was saying his *aren't* over the top, but I still personally dislike the "look" of the photos
>>
>>2909483
>https://www.instagram.com/myspacetom/?hl=en
Good photos spoiled by ugly processing.

Even worse is all the retarded time-lapse shit that's floating around at the moment, particularly otherwise boring landscapes that are justified because of formula one clouds.

And pretty well anything else that uses a shitty effect or memetool in place of an interesting subject.
>>
>>2909500
>>2909509

I kind of agree with >>2909479

this anon.....a little too polished for my taste. They are pretty fucking good, I won't lie. But they lack.....a style I suppose....they are "too perfect" as retarded as that sounds. Perhaps lacking originality.

Still damn damn good though.
>>
>>2909479
Tbh it's good to see him doing what he loves and not taking himself too seriously
>>
I like looking at a few HDR shots once in a while, but honestly some of the things people do to their perfectly okay photographs are kind of horrible
>>
>>2909436

>watermark
this is one of my pet peeve
>>
>>2909738
But you'd totally make it your own without it

>implying someone wants it to begin with
>>
File: prett_2_large.png (302KB, 413x416px) Image search: [Google]
prett_2_large.png
302KB, 413x416px
Instagram photographers that post super dramatic curve cityscapes and their friends vaping.
>>
>>2909774
>instagram
Stop right there, that's all that needs to be said.
>>
>>2909479
But, anon, he is actually good?!?
>>
>>2909479
Some of these are really nice and the processing in most is not unpleasant.

The ONE thing that bothers me is the square format. I don't think it's helping most of these. He clearly shot them on a non-phone camera to, which means they were originally done in 2:3. IMO they'd look better as 2:3 or 4:5 uploaded to a website like Flickr (1TB free space) where you can view them larger.
>>
>>2909919
> like Flickr (1TB free space) where you can view them larger.
Wow, fuck off stupid ad cuck, kys...
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.