[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I get into photography ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: 2016-08-22-20-35-05--725239358.jpg (4KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
2016-08-22-20-35-05--725239358.jpg
4KB, 299x168px
I'm looking for new hobby and I just wanted to know is it worth it or should i find something else to do???
>>
>>2908876
Its great. You dont need to invest a shitton of time to get some nice results, but theres endless room to improve since the skill ceiling is very high. You can also just collect nice gear dont even need to shoot nice photos.
>>
>>2908876
For starters i recommend an A7R mark 2

get a 23mm prime lens
a 50mm
and a telephoto zoom lens and you are set!
>>
>>2908876
Nigga that's not how hobbies work
>>
>>2908876
I got into it by pure chance when researching a camera purchase for some project, the more I read the more hooked I got. In retrospect, I'm glad I got into it because telling people you play video games or collect action figures when they ask you "what are you hobbies/what do you do for fun?" makes you look like a real fucking weirdo. Whereas people are always interested by my totally normal hobby of photography and don't judge me harshly. Bitches love cameras.

Having said that, it's dumb to be asking someone else if this is a hobby you should get into.
>>
>asking someone else than yourself if hobby is good for you
OP, you're retarded.
>>
>>2908991
I fucking second that.

Total truth here
>>
High difficulty cap
Working with people
Working fast
Extreme patience
Spending entire days dedicated to your hobby
Math
Regular studying
Using computers

If this sounds good to you, digital photography might be for you.
>>
>>2909320
Math?

LOL.
>>
>>2909321
manual mode, i guess
>>
>>2909321
>>2909325
It's times like this I remember just how little /p/ knows about photography.
>>
>>2909326
then teach us, elit master photographer.

I said manual mode because I read about the calculus to do about the distance to your subject, the depth of field etc etc, that you can determine precisely using the manual mode. I don't remember perfectly (cause i don't give a shit and use the manual mode like 1% of my photography time). I stick to A&S
>>
>>2909326
camera manufacturers spend many years perfecting aperture and shutter priority and this fag thinks he is better than them by applying some math they have already done for us
>>
>>2909330
There's nothing wrong with using A&S
There's nothing wrong with being a beginner
Doesn't change my statement at all

>Teach us
Pay me
>>
>>2909333
>Thinks basic exposure is the entirety of application of math in digital photography
Just stop embarrassing yourself in front of everyone.
>>
>>2909336
>photography
>math

take a picture, does it look good?
no adjust and take another
does it look good?
yes, be happy

photography is only good if people like the look of it, all your math bullshit wont help you at all
>>
>>2909353
Oh my god I didn't realize p doesn't even know about post processing. Are you shooting JPEGs? Please don't tell me you're shooting JPEGs.
>>
>>2909399
everyone knows to shoot in raw if possible

post processing still requires no mathematical knowledge so whats your point?
>>
>>2908917
You sure? I thoguht you just chose something and got good at it.
>>
>>2909326
The last time I mentioned something about maths it was the same.

You do not NEED to know what the inverse square law is, the radian, how to calculate what your actual apature is and so on. You can just chimp at the screen like a mong.
>>
>>2909433
Well, I'll just let them be. Maybe they'll figure it out someday, or maybe they'll take four hours to light a scene or expose flash for the rest of their life.
>>
>>2909454
its our life ambition to be as good as you

fuck off
>>
>>2909472
Not him but you seem upset.
>>
>>2909478
he seems very arrogant
>>
>>2909454
>Well, I'll just let them be
Probably for the best. There is absolutely no Physics in digital photography either and if you find some best to ignore that too.

>>2909480
You still seem to be upset
>>
high and mighty thread?
>>
>>2909487
Sure, want to join in.
>>
>>2909487
Blazed and ripped thread
>>
>>2908876
Photography is ok, you should try killing yourself first though.
>>
>>2909514
its fun until you start browsing /p/
>>
>>2909534
kek, true sometimes
>>
imagine being as arrogant as some of the anons in this thread

you're taking pictures you fucking dork
we're all just taking pictures
>>
>>2909640
>>2909534
>>2909535
>>2909487
>>2909480
>>2909472
>>2909422
>>2909353
>>2909333
>>2909325

I know you're autistic but let it go.
>>
>>2909514
you could take a selfie while you kill yourself and die
>>
>>2908876
>I'm looking for new hobby and I just wanted to know is it worth it or should i find something else to do???

One does not usually GET INTO photography. If people want to record images, they photograph them. If they don't they don't do that, easy.

If you ask whether you should, don't.
>>
So if I am just starting out with 35mm film photography, what kind of math will help me, and how? I haven't seen it mentioned in the couple of books I've read so I am legitimately curious.
>>
>>2909320
>Extreme patience
LOL
>>
Get some camera and shoot stuff. Simple.
>>
>>2908876
Abso-lutely

I've said it before and i'll say it again, photography has saved my life.
I used to have terrible anxiety and depression before taking it up - since then I've become a freelance photographer and I love working for myself.
>>
>>2908882
Under8ed
>>
File: JoeGalloway.jpg (24KB, 495x288px) Image search: [Google]
JoeGalloway.jpg
24KB, 495x288px
>>2908876
Photography is very exciting.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.