[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Photography

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 4boys.jpg (45KB, 640x854px) Image search: [Google]
4boys.jpg
45KB, 640x854px
So I've recently gone out and bought myself an old camera (it uses old 35mm film) And after a closer inspection I've noticed that the lens release button is half lodged in place, to the point where I can't push it in any further or get the lens off. I've tried gently hitting it and pushing the sticking out side, I've also tried using an air can but to no avail. Any help?
>>
OP fell for the film meme
>>
>>2908718
Dickhead fell for generic meme reply with zero substance. OP, just try opening up the camera.
>>
>>2908797
I tried to open it, anon. I'm sticking an air horn can inside and but to no avail and my neighbors even complained about the noise. I thought maybe the vibrations would shake the button loose. I'm going to try supergluing the button to the end of a chop stick and see if that gives me more leverage. If that doesn't work, my plan B is to try to gently pry the lens off with a can opener. Hopefully the pressure from the air horn will have jarred it loose? I have a syringe, so I could inject liquid soap or wd40 inside the camera to see if that helps, too.
>>
>>2908851
All of those ideas seem productive, just go through with them until you get the result you want.
>>
>>2908701

ah shit so looked up the camera and now I see the real problem....you'll need the lens off to be able to remove the front plate of the camera to be able to fix that...shit mang.

Yeah the glue on the end of a stick seems like a good idea but if it is already stuck inwards, can't you remove the lens?

I just cant tell with the shadow in the image is kinda covering up the button.
>>
>>2908920
I think I've got it. I borrowed my buddy's propane torch and we're gonna heat it up and see if that doesn't either release the button or else we'll get the lens mount warmed up with the flame so that we can hopefully jiggle it off the camera. Once metals get hot, they're softer and much easier to work with.
>>
>>2908957
Have fun melting your lens :^)
>>
If the button's mechanism is seized, try a tiny bit of WD-40, but don't overdo it.
>>
>>2908851
>air horn
Wtf anon
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.