[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GoPro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (81KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81KB, 1024x683px
What does /p/ think about GoPro again?

>Muh selfie stick

Since I'm going to Japan for some weeks I want to update my dated regular camera but is it even worth it if I'm not doing any footage of extreme sports like they keep advertising or even taking selfies everywhere I go? I just want to shot my surroundings and be sure it has quality.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height683
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2907830
if youre not really into photography and just want easy quick photos and videos then yea they are good

if you want decent quality pics in a range of situations then get a second hand dslr

dslr will give you clear good quality pics in most situations where as go pro is just point an shoot with no zoom and a wide angle wich isnt always ideal
>>
>>2907830
over priced and not really worth the cost.
>>
>>2907832
I have used GoPro a few times. There are other makes out there that are cheaper and better for that sort of photography. I agree with your statement 100%.
>>
>>2907834
i had a chinese make called sjcam which was pretty good as far as action cams go, but it is very limited, you need good lighting, your subject has to suit a wide angle as it only offers horrible digital zoom. the pictures turned out ok after heavy editing, the only plus side was that they are small and you can stick them in your pocket

as soon as i got a dslr i never used it again, pictures are so much better, standard kit lens covers you for most of your needs, low lighting isnt really a problem, editing is so much more fun working with nice pictures rather than salvaging a grainy ass wide angle image

a decent go pro is around £200, you can get a good second hand dslr for that money
>>
Best action cam: Nikon D810
>>
I've had good success with using a Yicam (now I'd get the Yicam 2) in addition to a MILC.

But I'd never replace a better DSLR and MILC with such a camera unless it is somehow necessary.
>>
look into Xiaomi Yi, SJCam instead, same performance, fraction of the price.
>>
>>2907830
It works really well if you're into video and need to get angles and shots that are either impossible or extremely difficult/expensive to do with a larger, heavier camera.

The great thing about gopro is that you can mount it just about anywhere and on anything, for just a few hundred dollars. It's water proof too, so you can submerge it or just have it running in the rain without a fuss.

It's not the best camera if you need very high quality stills or videos, and it's mostly stuck at a wide angle (some of them have a "narrow" FoV option, but that just crops the 4K frame which you can do in post anyways).
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.