[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Expired Slide Film

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

Just got pic related for dirt cheap off craigslist. Seller was a professional and had kept the film in the fridge/freezer since he got it. Expiration dates are from 1982-1997. Does anyone have any advice on how to shoot this? (overexpose, cross process, etc)
>>
Also got these. Sorry for the shitty phone picture
>>
Fucking jelly! If the dates are really random and you don't have 5+ rolls from the same batch it'd be hard to do a test roll.

I'd overexpose by 2/3 a stop and see how it goes from there. There's the saying that it's 1 stop overexposure for every decade past expiration but if this dude was a pro and this was truly stored in the freezer the whole time they could still be pretty close to box speed. Some of that shit isn't that expired. That 160NC can't be more than a decade old.
>>
>>2905824
>>2905825
>>2905832
Fucking pathetic AF desu
Feel like Henry Ford watching retards trying to bring back the horse and buggy
>>
>>2905834
kill yourself
>>
>>2905824
>>2905825
Nice stash, OP.
>>
I'm jelly. I've shot a few rolls of slide now and I'm loving the results.

Maybe a little overexposure would help but it should work fine even at box speed if it's been in the freezer. Really what >>2905832 said. I'd just process it E6, maybe self dev it if you have the gear & patience and you'll save a bunch of money.
>>
>>2905832
>>2905857
yeah i was planning on shooting two rolls from the same expiration date at box speed, overexposed a stop, and overexposed half a stop every third exposure, then get one developed e6 and one c41.

>>2905852
Thanks man. I bought everything the guy had except for maybe 250 rolls of kodachrome for obvious reasons. they averaged to be about $1 a roll and my local lab has reasonable prices. If it wasn't for that lab, I'd probably switch to digital
>>
Duly gelatinous, however--

Where's the black and white? Was this a professional who didn't self-process, or had someone else develop his snapshits as well as his pro work?

Also what the other guy said about self-dev. The major difference to B&W is temperature control, and all that takes is a digital thermometer and big old plastic bucket and running water in the bathroom. Recent Digibase kits also let develop at 25°C, but that takes for-fucking-ever.
>>
>>2905869
He already sold all of his b&w. I'm not sure if he self processed or not. All I know is he worked as a field photographer for Kodak and they'd give him free samples of their own film as well as their competitors, hence the fuji and konica
>>
>>2905824
FWIW I've shot freezer stored 10-15 year old Agfa and Kodak slide films at box speed without any major issues.
>>
File: Fuji100D220001-12mini.jpg (469KB, 1184x800px) Image search: [Google]
Fuji100D220001-12mini.jpg
469KB, 1184x800px
>>2905824
If it's all been cold stored, just shoot as normal tbhfambly.
Normal for me is a third of a stop over on slides though; the brighter slides are easier to scan. 2/3rds like other anon said might just roast them.
Any colour negs in there though, just roast away. Make your base exposure a stop over.

>pic related is 1987 expired Fuji 100D slide film (forerunner to provia)

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.6
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Comment
ProjectionRectilinear (0)
FOV9 x 6
Ev13.55
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
>>2905824

past 2000 slide film looks all garbage.
>>
>>2905999
Those colors look so nice.

At the moment I feel I'd be happy just shooting black and white and the occasional roll of slide for color. But I'm sure I'll feel different again after some fresh Portra.
>>
You have so many rolls. Just shoot it at box speed on nothing important and see what happens. Might give you a benchmark of how things will turn out.
>>
>2016 and still using film.
LOL

Nikon D800 fucking pwnz film in DR.
>>
File: mckayla_maroney.jpg (21KB, 267x267px) Image search: [Google]
mckayla_maroney.jpg
21KB, 267x267px
>>2906103
>He shoots digital

>>2905999
Nice colours. Also, checked
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.