[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has ebay gotten ridiculously expensive in the last few years?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: jtuujgjgjghj.jpg (42KB, 793x345px) Image search: [Google]
jtuujgjgjghj.jpg
42KB, 793x345px
Has ebay gotten ridiculously expensive in the last few years?

I keep reading all these articles about people buying this camera for $100 or less on ebay and in shops. They are all at least 350 on ebay.
Not to mention the pentax k1000 is the same and the canon ae whatever it is.

What happened to $100 film cameras?
Do they still exist on ebay?
If so what model?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerk
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
File: rthrthrthrhrt.jpg (42KB, 799x346px) Image search: [Google]
rthrthrthrhrt.jpg
42KB, 799x346px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Photographerk
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2905724
Never ever get a buy it now listing on ebay for analog photography stuff. You're pretty much guaranteed to get ripped off. The sellers just put these up for ridiculous prices and apparently once in a while some idiot falls for it.

Auctions often go for more reasonable prices (filter for sold actions), though there are still outliers with idiot bidders. In general I find eBay a bad place for good deals since everything interesting tends to get sniped by bigger buyers.
Prices for analog gear in general have been on the rise in the last few years it seems.
>>
I'll sell ya an OM 2n for $100 OP

Buyers have been doing that on AU ebay for years though. Nice product at 2-4 times the market value, hoping someone is silly enough to fall for it. Are Olympus Trips still on there for $200 a piece?
>>
> at 2-4 times the market value

the market value according to who? is there some place with actual market value and ebay is fake market value? im sure it's worse price at other online places like amazon
>>
>>2905749
According to me, I guess. Olympus Trips at 200 is definitely 4 times what they definitely go for. I got my OM-2 for 120, so thats in that range.

I wouldn't use long term 'buy it now' ebay prices as the market value, they're well inflated. If you're in Aus wanting camera gear then probably look for local and nation wide camera sales pages on FB, you'll be able to pick an SLR on there at a more reasonable price (~100).
>>
>>2905731
This, especially the last part about rising prices. I remember being able to pay $1-$2 a roll for recently expired Portra, Velvia, etc. if I was diligent at checking ebay everyday for a week or so. Same goes for being able to cop various point and shoots for <$50 when they now easily command 3 figures. Fuck, I remember thinking $70 for a T4 was a ripoff.

There's definitely been a resurgence of interest in film gear. Bad news is prices are higher than they were. Good news is so long as pay a fair price, odds are you be able to sell for the same price if it turns out you dont want/like the camera.
>>
>>2905724
Jesus christ you're a faggy beta dickhead.

Find what mount you want to use, buy a body for it. There's plenty of K-mount bodies that are dirt fucking cheap you povvo cunt.
>>
File: ks1000.jpg (30KB, 400x316px) Image search: [Google]
ks1000.jpg
30KB, 400x316px
>>2905800
This. I got a sears ks1000 plastic body pos with a 50mm and an 80-200 for a grand total of $15. works great though.
>>
I got an OM-1N, winder, and four lenses for $60.
>>
File: TMY120002-6mini.jpg (1MB, 2048x1521px) Image search: [Google]
TMY120002-6mini.jpg
1MB, 2048x1521px
>>2905724
Mate, go to fucking opshops. Go to garage sales. Go on gumtree. Stop waiting for greedy eboi merchants to spoonfeed you.
The last person who moaned about this was saying you can't get a decent SLR for less than the $40 he want to spend of a plastic Oly compact.
If your budget is $100, you can shoot for the moon.
Practically everything in this picture was less than that, excluding the F1 and a couple of the more exotic lenses.
As far as plebs are concerned, these cameras are less than useless these days.
The real problem will be in 10 year's time, when even higher quality bodies are starting to wear out and break, and any parts, or people who know how to fix them, are a distant memory.
>>
>AU

ignore aussie shitposters.
>>
>ricoh gr1 prices online

what the FUCK
>>
>>2905724
analogue fetishization in recent years is what led to this
People have mediocre cameras and think it's worth anything because they google the model and look for the highest number they can find
>>
>>2906012
>go to fucking opshops. Go to garage sales
y-you mean leave the basement?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.