[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Beginner camera

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: IMAG1738.jpg (31KB, 437x247px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1738.jpg
31KB, 437x247px
Should I get a a6000 or a xt10? Im new to photography.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareGoogle
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
if you want video, a6000. If you want REAL photography, xt10.
now

/gearthread
>>
>>2904340
Well I can get the a6000 for 580 vs a xt10 for 700 used.
>>
>>2904339
a6000 for video, xt for photo, id honestly prefer the xt10 because better build quality and slightly newer

id honestly go with the xt10 because better build quality and better native lenses but honestly once you buy a body you realize that the camera doesnt really matter

or you could ditch digshital and get a film camera
>>
>>2904356
Well I might pick up the a6000 because moneys tight. I'll pick up a xt 20 or what ever replaces the xt 10
>>
Sorry to hijack your thread OP but XT10 or XT1?

Thinking about buying body only and get the 35mm f/1.4

are the kit lenses any good?
>>
>>2904339
xt10 if you want to impress the ladies.
make sure it's the silver.
>>
>>2906252
xt2
>>
Why not just go for a dslr? Mirrorless cameras are a meme. Especially for a first camera.
>>
>>2906555
>buy dslr
>only shoot in live view because noobs
what's the point?
>>
File: IMG_20160819_003529-2000x2000.jpg (487KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160819_003529-2000x2000.jpg
487KB, 2000x2000px
>>2904339
I dont know how the xt10 shoots, but i bought a a6000 a while back and it makes good pictures in my opinion.

Hate on the picture if you want, im new to photography.
>>
Xt10 is ace. Anything else is a waste of time. Best value for money.
>>
>>2906960
That's...actually pretty good.
>>
>>2906960
way too much HDR
>>
>>2906981
My editing is the blame for that though, probably overdid it a bit. Apart from that the camera really does the job for me and i dont see myself upgrading to another one anytime soon.
>>
Had an A6000 for about a year, pretty nice camera, but I sold it for a X-T10 and haven't looked back. The E-Mount lens selection and quality is shit compared to Fuji. The Sony interface is pretty bad too, I mean, if you're the kind of guy that likes Gentoo you'll enjoy it, but it's pretty shit.
>>
>>2906989
Well I can take it back and change it should I do that? Also is the fuji kit lens any good?
>>
>>2904339
XT-10 famalam. Those XF lenses...

>>2906252
X-T1 if you can't swing the X-Pro2 or X-T2.
>>
File: beach_stars-7.jpg (5MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
beach_stars-7.jpg
5MB, 6000x4000px
Have a sony a6000 and a Rokinon 24mm f/1.4 as well as the Vario Tessar 16-70mm f/4 zoom (and kit lens). Love it, takes great shots. I've tried taking some star shots lately but I'm not close enough to somewhere with low light pollution unfortunately.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:07:31 12:34:43
Exposure Time13 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating2500
Brightness-9.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2904369
Worst logic ever
>>
>>2907286
I would say you should try the Fuji and see if you like it. It's not black and white, like this board likes to imply, with one camera being godsend and the other one for cucks. They're both very capable but appeal to different personalities.

The 18-55 kit lens is really great, I haven't tried the 16-50.
>>
>>2906888
If this dude is shooting through just live view, he's got bigger problems than being a noob.
>>
>>2904339
a6k
Great sports body, in the sony emount.
Whats there to hate?
>>
>>2904339
what happened to good old entry level DSLRs?
you could probably get a nikon d3200 for pennies these days
>>
Wouldn't a mirrorless with built-in stabilization be better for a beginner? GX8/GX80 or some Olympus?
>>
>>2908603
>Wouldn't a mirrorless with built-in stabilization be better for a beginner?
What does mirrorless or IBIS have to do with anything?
>>
>>2908606
Wouldn't it be easier to take a sharp photo at a slow shutter speed with IBIS?
>>
>>2908633
Only if there's absolutely no motion in frame. Stabilization is useful on telephotos because of the magnification. Other than that, noise performance is more important because subject motion often limits how slowly your shutter speed and stabilization of any form does absolutely nothing to counteract that.
>>
>>2908636
Fair enough. I'm really trying to find the ideal mirrorless for street photography/travel.
>>
>>2908641
IBIS is cool and all, but it's not a factor for street. You're generally using a lens that's too wide to really benefit and shooting things that are moving.

The same pretty much goes for travel stuff too where you'll want to tend to stay around normal. Depending on what flavor of travel, subject motion mightn't be an issue here.

Honestly though, either of the choices you mentioned in the OP can do the job perfectly well. A lot of the real differences between those cameras mostly boil down to individual preferences (stuff like ergonomics, getting used to the menu systems, and the like).

Try to get hands on with them. I'm pretty sure you'll have an answer after handling them.
>>
>>2908644
I've been trying, I'm gonna go on Saturday and check out some of them. I held an Olympus E-M5 MKII yesterday, it felt really nice but the menus were incomprehensible to figure out in a store.
>>
>>2908655
Rent one, buy the other,
Use them side by side. If you like the one you bought better, keep it, otherwise send it back within the buyer's remorse period.
>>
>>2904339
A7rii is better than those, get that. Then you can't blame your camera ever when ur shots suck.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (305KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
305KB, 1920x1080px
How is this for an absolute beginner?
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.