[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Film is too light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1470957957632.jpg (4MB, 4160x3120px) Image search: [Google]
1470957957632.jpg
4MB, 4160x3120px
So I just hadsome film developed and they told me they couldn't print the pictures because the film was too light, like they couldn't see t the pictures so they couldn't print them. I don't know what the problem is. Is it them or my camera? Pic unrelated.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera ModelVS985 4G
Equipment MakeLG Electronics
Image-Specific Properties:
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Altitude0.00 m
Color Space InformationsRGB
F-Numberf/2.4
Focal Length3.97 mm
White BalanceAuto
Image Width4160
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Image Height3120
FlashNo Flash
Exposure Bias0 EV
ISO Speed Rating500
Exposure Time1/17 sec
>>
>>2901275
If you do some research about how film works you'll realize why it could be both but probably your fault if this is a mini lab you went to and if it's colour film.
>>
My light meter is fine, if it's my fault I don't know how it could be.
>>
>>2901275
try another lab, if it happens again your camera is fucked
>>
>>2901282
My camera has been OK so far. I've got pictures developed there before and they've turned out fine, except a different person did it this time than the usual person. Can I get the same film developed again? Or worked on?
>>
>>2901275
>because the film was too light

What does the film look like? Is it indeed "too light", i.e. you can barely see a negative image or can't see one at all?

If this is true then the film was severely underexposed. Possible causes:

* Wrong ISO setting.

* User error in reading light meter / setting shutter and aperture (if not using AE).

* If all frames where shot in the same lighting, and that lighting fooled the AE program, it could result in consistent severe underexposure. But this is somewhat unlikely. Even when AE is off it's usually not off by so much that there's no printable image at all.

* Shutter failure.

* I wouldn't think it would be the aperture because an aperture failure would typically mean the aperture is stuck open, meaning likely overexposure. But if the aperture failed in a way that it closed as far as possible, instead of to the set aperture, then it could lead to underexposure. I can imagine that with a fully electronic lens mount, i.e. a computer chip fucking up and stopping down to f/22 all the time.

* Lab error is possible but unlikely. I guess it depends on where the film was developed.

>Can I get the same film developed again?

No.

>Or worked on?

Depends on if there's any image at all. But in all honestly there's probably nothing worth saving. Film has great highlight latitude, terrible shadow latitude. Severe underexposure is usually only fixable when it's done on purpose and the lab is instructed to push process the film.
>>
>>2901275
If you're confident you or your camera didn't fuck up
Then the only possibility left is they fucked the developing or the film canister was maybe damaged in someway that overexposed the entirety of it
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.